Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMA Video Trading Block

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was a good card but not near the standard that a Japanese MMA card should be. However it did well to establish some new faces which is what is great about GP/Tourneys in MMA. Feel bad for Golyaev that he won't be getting the title shot even though he beat Gomi but essentially it is best for their promotion to put Gomi in due to him being the company's marquee fighter and they need to establish the promotion more.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakkups View Post
      It was a good card but not near the standard that a Japanese MMA card should be. However it did well to establish some new faces which is what is great about GP/Tourneys in MMA. Feel bad for Golyaev that he won't be getting the title shot even though he beat Gomi but essentially it is best for their promotion to put Gomi in due to him being the company's marquee fighter and they need to establish the promotion more.
      I found the fights to be entertaining, not a lot of name power outside of Gomi, but quality fights nonetheless and it did do a bit to establish some new faces as you said. Also, I actually thought Gomi won, but I am aware that the scoring is not the same as the round-by-round scoring used in the UFC so I can't be sure (and I must say that the UFC's scoring is ridiculous).

Comment

• Jorge Masvidal has been doing great in Japan. It's good to see he's coming a long way from those matchbox promoters. Surfing Wikipedia I did notice a loss on Gomi's record, kind of shocked me but then I realized that even Gomi is human.

Great card, but I miss Genki Sudo. Dig what I'm saying?

Comment

• Gomi's problems that I have picked out is that he doesn't seem to perform well against natural LWs. In all honesty when you look at the guys he has fought the majority of them are blown up featherweights. Golyaev is without doubt a natural LW and has height similar to that of Diaz which posed problems for Gomi. I'd love to see Gomi in the UFC but he's said he doesn't want to fight in an Octagon cage. . . Guess the beating BJ gave him in ROTR has scarred him lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakkups View Post
            Gomi's problems that I have picked out is that he doesn't seem to perform well against natural LWs. In all honesty when you look at the guys he has fought the majority of them are blown up featherweights. Golyaev is without doubt a natural LW and has height similar to that of Diaz which posed problems for Gomi. I'd love to see Gomi in the UFC but he's said he doesn't want to fight in an Octagon cage. . . Guess the beating BJ gave him in ROTR has scarred him lol.
            Come on now, that was a pretty even fight up until the end.

Comment

• Not really, BJ won both rounds 1 and 2 easy, and stopped him in the round 3. BJ was aggressor from the get go and had the better of Gomi in every exchange be it striking or grappling throughout until BJ tapped him. What I will give Gomi is that he is tough and hung in there as long as it lasted, but didn't do anything significant or memorable.

Comment

• I think what we should take away from this is that I can knock them both out.

Comment

• BJ Penn >>> Gomi

I love Gomi, it's just reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Organik View Post
                    BJ Penn >>> Gomi

I love Gomi, it's just reality.
                    I love Gomi, I agree this is true, I was at one point in favour of a Gomi/Penn rematch up until BJ returning to 155lbs and showing that he is frightening better than ever before. Even the Gomi of Pride wouldn't have much of a chance against the Penn of today.

Comment

• I look at it as what has BJ Penn done to impress me when compared to other Top P4P fighters. Or even to earn his rank at Number 3.
                      • Renzo Gracie
                      • Sean Sherk
                      • Matt Hughes.. lawl.
                      • ???

I just don't get it.

Comment

Working...
                      X