No announcement yet.

What ever happend to HBO's Ring Life?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ever happend to HBO's Ring Life?

I forgot about Ring Life, they did it for a few weeks then just stopped. I thought it was really good.

They even had non-HBO fighters on the shows. (Dmitriy Salita and even Ronald Hearns o_O)

Any1 know what happend to it?

For any1 who doesnt know what im talking about, check these out.

i only saw a few and they were good, pavlik , bhop

Comment

was a good show

Comment

Originally posted by ALLBOXING247 View Post
        I forgot about Ring Life, they did it for a few weeks then just stopped. I thought it was really good.

They even had non-HBO fighters on the shows. (Dmitriy Salita and even Ronald Hearns o_O)

Any1 know what happend to it?

For any1 who doesnt know what im talking about, check these out.

I'll tell you what happened to it, that Yogy guy knocked out Ronald Hearns, Victor Ortiz quit, and Kirkland went to prison. Seems like everybody that participated was jenxed except Paul Williams.

Comment

james kirkland, hope he performes well

Comment

I kind of enjoyed the segments, but on the other hand I'm also kind of glad that they took them off because I believe it shows favoratism toward house fighters. And just about every fighter they showed on there either got exposed as a hype job (Ortiz, Arreola, Angulo At least that night he lost to Cintron, Ronald Hearns), or got locked up like Kirkland did. Sounds mean, but it's just the way I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
              I kind of enjoyed the segments, but on the other hand I'm also kind of glad that they took them off because I believe it shows favoratism toward house fighters. And just about every fighter they showed on there either got exposed as a hype job (Ortiz, Arreola, Angulo At least that night he lost to Cintron, Ronald Hearns), or got locked up like Kirkland did. Sounds mean, but it's just the way I feel.
              yeah good point

Comment

HBO got lazy...or something with the budget...I doubt those cudda cost much to produce though...

Comment

Was a great show, and it really helps out boxing a lot.

It shows the type of environment these guys had to go through to become the warriors they are, how they're special from other athletes, while also being the closest to what the average joe can relate to.

Comment

Working...
                  X