No announcement yet.

marcel cerdan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marcel cerdan

he is rated very highly by some historians what do you think about this French champion and his chances of avenging his defeat to jake lamotta if not for that fateful plane crash.

One of my personal favourites. Not sure that he would've beaten Jake in the rematch, but he would've taken him to hell and back in a gruelling war.

Comment

Highly skilled, very good fighter.

Possible Top 10 ATG MW. I wouldn't argue with it.

Comment

From what i've seen at Middlweight then in in terms of his ability i'd probably rank him about 4th in an all time list. I think he might well have beaten LaMotta in the rematch, I think he'd be better prepared for what LaMotta would produce. In their first fight LaMotta came out all guns blazing and battered Cerdan around the ring which ended up with Cerdan being pushed to the canvas by LaMotta when Cerdan, being on shaky legs, tried to clinch. He damaged his left shoulder/arm and thus ended up taking too much punishment from LaMotta whilst fighting very well with only his right arm.
        Last edited by Humean; 07-28-2013, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Stopped ONCE in a 115 pro fights pretty much says it all! Outstanding boxer and stratigist who was willing to mix it up with anyone! He developed as a boxer in Northern Africa rather than France but was a French citizen.
          One of the best welters and middles ever!!! Lost 4 or 5 times in 115 bouts is amazing!!! The rematch with Jake was going to be huge with Sugar Ray lurking in the background! Ray.

Comment

Working...
          X