No announcement yet.

All-Time Heavyweight Tournament

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-Time Heavyweight Tournament

I found this a few days ago, what do you guys think about it. To see descriptions on the fights, click on the round and go to round results on the bottom:

http://coxscorner.tripod.com/roundpage.htm

excellent, some of the matches are a little suspect, but i think they have the championship right

Comment

Some of his predictions are a little stupid to say the least.Liston knocks out Foreman in 4?Foreman isn't Floyd Pattesrson.Foreman would knock out Liston rather easily.Better Power and a better chin equals Liston on his back being counted out.But the worse is Marciano beating Ali.Marciano over Ali?Even his his dreams he couldn't beat Ali.Then he has Louis knocking out Foreman.Liston had a horrible chin.If fighters like Conn could almost knock him out and Walcott could drop him with one punch several times then i dont see how anybody could be so stupid to say could even avoid being knocked out by Foreman never mind beating him.Cox seems like a moron but at least he has somethings right.Like Tyson knocking out Marciano in one round so the guy isn't that bad.

Comment

hahha yeah, but in this case, the end justifies the means

Comment

First of all, Marciano beating Ali is as hysterical as Lennox Lewis beating the Mannasah Mauler aka Jack Dempsey.

Ali is da man!!! He is da butterfly, da Louisville Lip, da youthful dancer, da master of his domain, da quintessential icon of not one but TWO decades, The 60s and da 70s. He is thee greatest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydog View Post
            I found this a few days ago, what do you guys think about it. To see descriptions on the fights, click on the round and go to round results on the bottom:

http://coxscorner.tripod.com/roundpage.htm
            What a COOL thread,...... just looking at the link to the Computer Tournament,..... and saw that in the first round of fights,... a couple of surprises....Jack DEMPSEY Destroys Harry WILLS..... by KO in round ONE !!!!,.... the computer has dempsey landing 12 punches,.... and Harry WILLS Landed ZERO ?????? ...... Hey BARN !!,,.. this computer stuff reminds me of "TITLE FIGHT" Thread, and may be of some use in our HW discussions..... Whady'Ya reckon BARNBurner ?????

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
              What a COOL thread,...... just looking at the link to the Computer Tournament,..... and saw that in the first round of fights,... a couple of surprises....Jack DEMPSEY Destroys Harry WILLS..... by KO in round ONE !!!!,.... the computer has dempsey landing 12 punches,.... and Harry WILLS Landed ZERO ?????? ...... Hey BARN !!,,.. this computer stuff reminds me of "TITLE FIGHT" Thread, and may be of some use in our HW discussions..... Whady'Ya reckon BARNBurner ?????
              Actually the computer program they used WAS Title Bout.....I recognized the blow-by-blow they quoated

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                The Dempsey - Wills matchup was kind of a whack result.....one of the reasons I prefer running the matchups 100 times and taking the "typical" result. That way I can minimize any fluky outcomes and focus in on the "likely" outcomes.

Poet

Comment

Jack Dempsey Tko 1 over Harry Wills

what
                  the
                  ??????????????????????????//

im sure dempesy wouldnt have shamelessly ducked him if this was the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                    Jack Dempsey Tko 1 over Harry Wills

what
                    the
                    ??????????????????????????//

im sure dempesy wouldnt have shamelessly ducked him if this was the case.
                    Yeah Barn'...... The moment I saw this ancient Thread and read that result, I immediately posted this, knowing your immediate response would be exactly that. I didn't mean to push your buttons but it is relevant to our HW lists................. Did you agree with my KO ratings on that thread ???

Comment

Working...
                    X