Let me ask you guys a couple questions that I need

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me ask you guys a couple questions that I need

answers to.

1) Why should GG be stripped for not fighting his mandatory when he wasn’t fighting his mandatory in the first place?

2) Why isn’t GG allowed to take a soft touch, fight his mandatory next and then the Canelo rematch?

Am I missing something?

Simple questions. Any takers? Lol

Comment

On point 2, if Golovkin is rematching in September there's no time for a fight with SD before the end of 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
        answers to.

1) Why should GG be stripped for not fighting his mandatory when he wasn’t fighting his mandatory in the first place?
        He shouldn't. He's the victim in this and it seems wrong the victim suffers.

Although I don't know if there was any deferment for the Canelo match which is now considered to have lapsed?

2) Why isn’t GG allowed to take a soft touch, fight his mandatory next and then the Canelo rematch?
        Usually in these cases it means someone very influential would benefit from an alternative outcome.

Comment

answers to.

For the life of me I don't get the stripping GGG talk. I don't even think Derevyanchenko has been deemed the full on mandatory spot yet that gets the fights down the pipeline enough where a GGG gets stripped or not is even in play yet. Some mfers don't get how this sh^t works doe so not surprised & granted it can work different ways for different people too.

Personally I'm not looking forward to any GGG vs soft touches fights. He's a top 3ish guy in the world worst case probably & he's getting up there in years. I wanna see GGG vs name guys, top guys or the bs mandatory's when he is forced into them. But I got zero desire to see GGG vs Vanes or Spike (I was dogging Canelo when there was talk of him fighting Spike in Sept. matter of fact) or other lower level guys not to the level of giving a top 3 guys in the world issues.

Comment

answers to.

Am I missing something?
            No you aren't missing anything. I posted the same. The IBF had granted Golovkin a voluntary defense for May. So what's the deal? he wasn't defending against his mandatory either way. It's just BS.

Comment

2) Why isn’t GG allowed to take a soft touch
              Well I can answer this one. Because he's the champion, and he's supposed to defend his titles against worthy challengers. Vanes doesn't even appear in the crappy ABC top 15s at the moment, not even at 154

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                On point 2, if Golovkin is rematching in September there's no time for a fight with SD before the end of 2018.
                GG will have been out a year if he rematches Canelo in September I believe.

I doubt he takes a rematch with GG coming off of his suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  Well I can answer this one. Because he's the champion, and he's supposed to defend his titles against worthy challengers. Vanes doesn't even appear in the crappy ABC top 15s at the moment, not even at 154
                  In this situation...GG imo is allowed to take a soft touch.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                    No you aren't missing anything. I posted the same. The IBF had granted Golovkin a voluntary defense for May. So what's the deal? he wasn't defending against his mandatory either way. It's just BS.
                    It is. I saw the post.

Comment

Working...
                    X