No announcement yet.

Canelo, and his leverage, are rolling over GGG and DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    I'll be rooting for the actual boxers who got balls and are getting in there and fighting.
    So, who is the best option for Canelo? You want him to fight the same guy he already fought twice?

Comment

Yay no boxing to prove a point! Go canelo! Y’all are wilin. Just fight triple g and get a real win this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Clubber Pac View Post
        As I posted I few weeks ago, Canelo has supreme leverage over DAZN, GGG, he is their daddy, he owns them, he has them by the short and curlies.

Canelo opting not to fight is the pound for pound king putting people in their place, and the fallout cannot be understated.

Here is what it means.

1. Canelo NOT fighting is a disaster for the network, it stands to reason a ton of people will unsubscribe, or not subscribe at all until there is a Canelo fight on tap. AJ/Ruiz 2 will boost subscriptions, but does not take place until around the time Canelo will start promoting his next fight. So DAZN is up sh/ts creek right now, no attractions on the scale of Canelo, just old a$$ GGG, boring a$$ Andrade, faded Danny Jacobs, and gate keepers. Now that Canelo is out, people are going to use those jail broken fire sticks for the rest of the lot. DAZN is going to lose money, and so is GGG, Canelo's decision is meant to punish both parties, and remind them who is boss, he literally put the both of him on his lap, and spanked them in front of the entire planet.

2. As I said a couple weeks ago, Canelo should seek a buyout, DAZN really believed they could force a GGG fight, and Canelo feels strongly enough about it to turn his back on Mexican Independence Day weekend, that says quite a bit, that says that Canelo is willing to go down with the ship to get his respect, and maintain his position. DAZN should cut the cord, because Canelo isn't fighting GGG anytime soon, nor does he need to to break that bank, and no way in hell is he going to have anything to dictated to him as he is one the most dynamic box office draws boxing as ever seen.

3. GGG is in the Bermuda Triangle of boxing, his persona, his earning potential, is entirely based on the box office appeal of his another fighter. He does not want any fights that are competitive, not unless he has physical advantages, he easily could go after Kovalev, or Smith, or rematch Jacobs, or even go after Andrade, but he is so bt^ch made at this point, that will only take a risk if a massive payday is involved.

Canelo freezing him out has marooned GGG, he is a financial liability to the network without Canelo, or a serious threat, Canelo just shrunk GGG's profitability, he makes much less if there is no Canelo fight, or any belts, people need to remember that the term "could be worth up to $100 million" is a loose term, that's in the event he maximizes his bonus schedule, fights Canelo, and collects belts. Right now? He isn't doing that, and unless he grows a pair, it aint going to happen, Canelo's decision makes GGG much less relevant than he was even yesterday.

that is exactly what happened

like I said two days ago..... DAZN should noticed what happened to the WBC when they fcuked with Canelo's career

the only way Canelo can avoid being stripped by the IBF, other than fight their shltty mando..... is to take care of Andrade/Charlo..... so DAZN refusing to "approve" a unification with Andrade MUST be breach of contract

what utter stupidity from DAZN

I say the fact that Canelo has not walked already, means that DAZN will likely have one more chance

and what utter stupidity from the casuals

supporting that stupidity, just because they want an undeserving hypejob to get another payday LMAO..... despite the fact that hypejob will not fight the other champions

fkn ridiculous if you ask me

Comment

As I posted I few weeks ago, Canelo has supreme leverage over DAZN, GGG, he is their daddy, he owns them, he has them by the short and curlies.

Canelo opting not to fight is the pound for pound king putting people in their place, and the fallout cannot be understated.

Here is what it means.

1. Canelo NOT fighting is a disaster for the network, it stands to reason a ton of people will unsubscribe, or not subscribe at all until there is a Canelo fight on tap. AJ/Ruiz 2 will boost subscriptions, but does not take place until around the time Canelo will start promoting his next fight. So DAZN is up sh/ts creek right now, no attractions on the scale of Canelo, just old a$$ GGG, boring a$$ Andrade, faded Danny Jacobs, and gate keepers. Now that Canelo is out, people are going to use those jail broken fire sticks for the rest of the lot. DAZN is going to lose money, and so is GGG, Canelo's decision is meant to punish both parties, and remind them who is boss, he literally put the both of him on his lap, and spanked them in front of the entire planet.

2. As I said a couple weeks ago, Canelo should seek a buyout, DAZN really believed they could force a GGG fight, and Canelo feels strongly enough about it to turn his back on Mexican Independence Day weekend, that says quite a bit, that says that Canelo is willing to go down with the ship to get his respect, and maintain his position. DAZN should cut the cord, because Canelo isn't fighting GGG anytime soon, nor does he need to to break that bank, and no way in hell is he going to have anything to dictated to him as he is one the most dynamic box office draws boxing as ever seen.

3. GGG is in the Bermuda Triangle of boxing, his persona, his earning potential, is entirely based on the box office appeal of his another fighter. He does not want any fights that are competitive, not unless he has physical advantages, he easily could go after Kovalev, or Smith, or rematch Jacobs, or even go after Andrade, but he is so bt^ch made at this point, that will only take a risk if a massive payday is involved.

Canelo freezing him out has marooned GGG, he is a financial liability to the network without Canelo, or a serious threat, Canelo just shrunk GGG's profitability, he makes much less if there is no Canelo fight, or any belts, people need to remember that the term "could be worth up to $100 million" is a loose term, that's in the event he maximizes his bonus schedule, fights Canelo, and collects belts. Right now? He isn't doing that, and unless he grows a pair, it aint going to happen, Canelo's decision makes GGG much less relevant than he was even yesterday.
          This was a really long winded way of saying canelo is avoiding ggg.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            I liked him when he was a boxer putting in work. I don't like protected bytches. I'll ALWAYS call it how I see it and even though I've defended him a lot in the past, that doesn't mean I'm going to defend this bullshyt. Guy was overpaid to make his employers money and now he's refusing to even fight. Fuk this phag.

but not a word about Vanes, Rolls, and now probably Munguia ?

and not a word when they said Andrade and Charlo "make no sense" ?

not sure if that is a balanced viewpoint ???

it is clearly obvious who is making the better fights..... Canelo is close to achieving within 12 months what Golovkin talked about achieving for 12 years

I think you just hate Canelo's fans

just like I can't stand Golovkin fans

which I understand entirely

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              Why would you celebrate a boxing network’s failure? And how is Canelo not fighting Golovkin a good thing? I guess you’d rather see him fight Munguia?

because they are dreadful vultures, and do not appear to be a positive influence on the sport

why did you mention Munguia, who will likely be Golovkin's next opponent..... rather than mention Canelo facing Andrade in a unification fight, that DAZN REFUSED TO APPROVE?

not very smart LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                because they are dreadful vultures, and do not appear to be a positive influence on the sport

why did you mention Munguia, who will likely be Golovkin's next opponent..... rather than mention Canelo facing Andrade in a unification fight, that DAZN REFUSED TO APPROVE?

not very smart LMAO
                You get dumber with each post. Munguia is an in-house fight that is easy to make for GBP. Canelo doesn’t want a Golovkin trilogy until GGG ages out, and Kovalev isn’t willing to sell his soul for a catchweight fight. Canelo won’t fight Andrade or Charlo, just like he didn’t fight them at 154 either.

Comment

Here is what it means.

Or DAZN can take him to court, freeze his assets and have them declare breach of contract since he is already several fights into his contract...

LOL at leverage, he can sit for now because he has money, lets see what happens if they really play hardball and have the courts freeze his assets since he lives in the US.

Comment

Dude, look, if you don't like him, admit it, but don't let your mind get clouded to the point that you forsake reason, your a smart poster, I have seen it, don't give into hate.
                    So what’s his reason for not fighting Andrade in sept.

Comment

Here is what it means.

Can I shorten this up a bit. What this condenses down to is Canelo is prepared to disapoint his fans so he can try to get his way. This is not going to go down well in Mexico.
                      Last edited by TonyGe; 07-17-2019, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X