Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Eric Gomez not realize, Loma is going to fight May 12 on ESPN no matter what?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Eric Gomez not realize, Loma is going to fight May 12 on ESPN no matter what?

He keeps saying he doesn't want the GGG-Canelo replay to be counterprogrammed by Loma-Linares on ESPN on May 12, but Loma is going to fight on ESPN whether Gomez likes it or not. That's his date. So why not get his fighter Linares a nice payday, as well as the biggest exposure of his career, have GBP fighters getting exposure on both networks, and as part of the deal, work out the start time with HBO and Top Rank on friendly terms so that the timing conflicts as little as possible? Gomez needs to realize that ESPN did a better job promoting GGG-Canelo I than GBP did, and he should thanking ESPN, and doing whatever works for ESPN, instead of pulling this crap.

Plus, HBO shows are often delayed on the west coast anyway, so that will already take care of the time conflict for 1/3 of the country. Then when you take into account that many boxing fans will DVR both shows anyway, that takes care of another big chunk of the conflict.

Not to mention, if GBP agrees to this, it's not only best for their fighter, Linares, and for the exposure of their company, but it's also going to bring a lot of attention to boxing to have GGG-Canelo and Loma at 135 back to back weeks. This is clearly what's best for everyone, but GBP is holding it up just because everything is not 100% perfect how they'd like it to be in a utopian world. Newsflash, it's not 100% perfect for Top Rank to be going up against the GGG-Canelo replay, either. But it's still the best overall scenario for them and everyone else, so they're willing to do it.

GBP needs to join the party and stop holding boxing back after all its big talk that they were going to be different than that. Instead, from waiting until GGG got old before making GGG-Canelo, to this bull**** here, they are turning out to be the worst promoter for the sport, even worse than Haymon, instead of the best like they pretended they were going to be. As a fan I'm very disappointed in that.
    Last edited by Boxing Logic; 02-14-2018, 08:21 AM.

Hore-je B*tchnares and Eric Hoemez are first class cowards.

first they ask to be called then btch some more when the call comes.

Loma is the most ducked boxer since Winky Wright.

B*tchnares got baby nuts from now on.

Comment

So GBP should do what is best for Loma, TR and ESPN but not for themselves? Yeah, that makes sense.

I may not like Fishnets dela coka but to ask him to put his company beneath another is ******ed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        So GBP should do what is best for Loma, TR and ESPN but not for themselves? Yeah, that makes sense.

I may not like Fishnets dela coka but to ask him to put his company beneath another is ******ed.
        Yeah, GBP is putting a live fight on HBO in addition to the Canelo-GGG replay; they're not going to have one of their fighters fighting on another channel at the same time. If Lomachenko is fighting an opponent no one's interested in, that's less views Loma is going to pull away from Canelo.

I want to see Lomachenko-Linares as bad as anyone else, but whatcha gonna do? Usually it's Arum who has the excuse why he can't make a fight on a certain date... here he is with a date locked in and now its GBP who has cold feet and for a pretty legit reason. It is what it is.

Canelo GGG replay only did something like 750k on the replay, which seemed a little low. This one will likely do even less due to the live ESPN boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          Yeah, GBP is putting a live fight on HBO in addition to the Canelo-GGG replay; they're not going to have one of their fighters fighting on another channel at the same time. If Lomachenko is fighting an opponent no one's interested in, that's less views Loma is going to pull away from Canelo.

I want to see Lomachenko-Linares as bad as anyone else, but whatcha gonna do? Usually it's Arum who has the excuse why he can't make a fight on a certain date... here he is with a date locked in and now its GBP who has cold feet and for a pretty legit reason. It is what it is.

Canelo GGG replay only did something like 750k on the replay, which seemed a little low. This one will likely do even less due to the live ESPN boxing.
          I agree with your point dude. I want to see Loma fight top guys as well. But Boxing Logic's point is silly. He wants GBP to essentially look out for Loma. GTFOH!!

Comment

That date is a ways off. Arum should be able to work around that? A week or two shouldn't matter.

Comment

sound like a duck to me. Linares been talking so much **** on social media. but a damn fight replay is enough to turn the fight down? FOH. how come none of this was heard before. how come they didnt say "call us but we cannot fight on may 12". all they said is "call us". that means anywhere anytime. now they actin like some scared hoes. Linares probably thought tiny Loma was scared. now he wet his diapers cuz the phone call really was made. cowards.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                That date is a ways off. Arum should be able to work around that? A week or two shouldn't matter.
                NBA playoffs, brah. Arum would have to wait until end of June for ESPN to be able to commit to a Saturday night.

Still seems like a duck to me. GBP could have viewers on BOTH networks, especially since "replays" aren't necessary like they were in the past, you can watch the rematch any time online.

I would give this more leniency if Linares hadn't been ducking Mikey for a while already now, and fighting lesser fighters.

Comment

TR/ESPN has two dates already booked. April 28th or May 12th. I am sure the excuse for April 28th will be "well, that's a week before GGG-Canelo so we gotta have a preview show" the same way the replay is the excuse for May 12th. If it's not Lomachenko-Linares next it's pretty clearly a duck which I wouldn't expect from Linares. Hopefully GBP has less of a say and it's more on Honda and Linares and the deal is already basically done and GBP are left with not being able to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                    He keeps saying he doesn't want the GGG-Canelo replay to be counterprogrammed by Loma-Linares on ESPN on May 12, but Loma is going to fight on ESPN whether Gomez likes it or not. That's his date. So why not get his fighter Linares a nice payday, as well as the biggest exposure of his career, have GBP fighters getting exposure on both networks, and as part of the deal, work out the start time with HBO and Top Rank on friendly terms so that the timing conflicts as little as possible? Gomez needs to realize that ESPN did a better job promoting GGG-Canelo I than GBP did, and he should thanking ESPN, and doing whatever works for ESPN, instead of pulling this crap.

Plus, HBO shows are often delayed on the west coast anyway, so that will already take care of the time conflict for 1/3 of the country. Then when you take into account that many boxing fans will DVR both shows anyway, that takes care of another big chunk of the conflict.

Not to mention, if GBP agrees to this, it's not only best for their fighter, Linares, and for the exposure of their company, but it's also going to bring a lot of attention to boxing to have GGG-Canelo and Loma at 135 back to back weeks. This is clearly what's best for everyone, but GBP is holding it up just because everything is not 100% perfect how they'd like it to be in a utopian world. Newsflash, it's not 100% perfect for Top Rank to be going up against the GGG-Canelo replay, either. But it's still the best overall scenario for them and everyone else, so they're willing to do it.

GBP needs to join the party and stop holding boxing back after all its big talk that they were going to be different than that. Instead, from waiting until GGG got old before making GGG-Canelo, to this bull**** here, they are turning out to be the worst promoter for the sport, even worse than Haymon, instead of the best like they pretended they were going to be. As a fan I'm very disappointed in that.
                    that's not how it works Linares is the champion f u k Bob arum

Comment

Working...
                    X