Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abel Sanchez: I Thought Fury Beat Wilder and Will Beat Him Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rckdees View Post
    The only reason some people think fury won is because he didn’t get knocked out ....fury can’t get much better but wilder can
    Wilder has long since reached a wall. He isn't getting any better. Outside of a punch, what does he have? So many bad habits it's embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
      Some of you can't get over the fact that the shoes on a homeless man's feet are worth more than your opinion that Fury won the fight. No matter how you slice it...the three people whose opinion mattered differed such that the fight was a draw. End of.
      Any halfway knowledgeable fan of the sport saw Fury win. If you can't see all that 'draw' biz was planned for an even bigger cash-cow rematch, you don't even remotely understand the biz side of boxing.

Comment

Dang I can't believe I'm agreeing with Abel on something. I guess he!! has frozen over.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
          I agree. Truth be told: I saw it recorded so I had already gotten all the reactions to it. My opinion may be colored by that. Also, I watched it with the sound down, so I am not swayed by the announcers. But I gave Wilder quite a few of those early rounds no one else seems to. I do NOT think Fury landed much. He put on a nice show, but I saw Wilder landing more solid shots. I do think as the fight progressed Fury was moving so much better and commanded the ring. He surely dictated the spacing and distance. But Wilder needed just three more rounds for the tie. I can defend that.

I did look up the actual scorecards for reference:

Judge Alejandro Rochen gave Wilder rounds 1 through 4, and round 8 on top of the 2 knockdowns and scored a clear Wilder win, 115- 111.

Judge Phil Edwards gave Wilder rounds 1, 6 and 7 plus the 2 knockdowns for the tie, 113-113.

Judge Robert Tapper Gave Wilder 1 and 7 plus the 2 knockdowns to give Fury a close 114-112.
          I think I have it more in line with what Robert Tapper scored it as. I watched it with a group of friends and I personally think the drinks flowing and the bias toward AJ may have skewed the thinking initially. So I went and watched it back with the sound off and again with it on and I still just had Fury winning. It was way closer than people are thinking, so for those screaming robbery - what fight were they watching?

Comment

The only reason some people think fury won is because he didn’t get knocked out ....fury can’t get much better but wilder can
            Why cant Fury improve? He was inactive and certainly wasnt back to 100% physically.

He started to take the big shots when he was slowing down and not as quick as in the early-midrounds.

Fury is also the better boxer and now has 12 rounds in the bank against wilder. The better boxer statistically performs better in rematches, because he has the timing down and is used to what his opponent offers (Marquez Vs Pacquiao, Martinez Vs Williams, Mayweather Vs Castillo, Estrada Vs Rungivsai, Mayweather Vs Maidana).

Wilder can certainly also improve, but fury has the better boxing IQ and will make the necessary adjustments to deal with him.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
              Any halfway knowledgeable fan of the sport saw Fury win. If you can't see all that 'draw' biz was planned for an even bigger cash-cow rematch, you don't even remotely understand the biz side of boxing.
              And this is what the fans who need affirmation say. aNy HaLfwaY kNoLEdgeBLY fan....

I guess the judge who scored it a draw knew Fury would take a nap in the 12th.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

F**k YOU ABEL SANCHEZ!!!
                Oh Elie you don't really mean that.
                Next time you see Abel you will be offering to lick his A55 for an interview. Gypsy King #1

Comment

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                  And this is what the fans who need affirmation say. aNy HaLfwaY kNoLEdgeBLY fan....
                  I guess the judge who scored it a draw knew Fury would take a nap in the 12th.
                  If you're trying to argue with me, just remember, a minority agreed with the draw verdict.

Comment

The only reason ppl thought fury won is cuz they scored the fight round by round and at the end of the fight fury won. And when you say some people what you mean is nearly everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post

If you're trying to argue with me, just remember, a minority agreed with the draw verdict.
                      And Trump lost the popular vote in the U.S. Yet he is still their president. This majority talk and the polls are only for those who need validation.

Comment

Working...
                      X