No announcement yet.

Adidas AdiStar 08: THE REVIEW!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adidas AdiStar 08: THE REVIEW!

These shoes must have been designed by Jesus Christ himself. I feel like I can walk on water. Not only are they INCREDIBLY light, they are INCREDIBLY supportive, and they are INCREDIBLY breathable.

Light doesn't even begin to describe them. At 8.2 ounces, they are lighter than the Machomai's.

They AdiStar 08's pivot extremely well, they don't feel as strange as the protruding heel design would lead you to believe. In fact, they feel amazing.

The shoes have what I would describe a rubberized exoskeleton that really provides good solid support in the areas where it is needed. Areas such as the front of the foot and the ankle are well supported.

Even though they are lighter than the Machomai's they completely avoid any feeling of flimsiness or the feeling of being "socks with grip"

My only complaint is the lacing. The holes are really small, and I had to struggle to get the laces through. I am sure they will widen as they are broken in, but I would have loved for the quicklace system of the Boxing 2000's to be included in this shoe.

I will take some pictures of the shoes a little later. So you guys can see what I mean.

With everything said, if you are in the market for a pair of boxing shoes, you would have to be INSANE not to buy these.

As far as I am concerned, this IS the only new boxing shoe worth even looking at.

I say new because the boxing 2000's are still an excellent shoe, and I would buy them again for gym use because of the quick lace feature, but the AdiStar 08's seemed to have topped them for pure in the ring performance.

The Bottom Line: Buy them. If you don't you will wish you did.

Another thing I forgot to mention. You are going to need a full length pair of socks with these bad boys. They have no liner, and describing the mesh they are constructed from as harsh and abrasive on the skin doesn't do it justice.

Perhaps the material will soften up with use, but until then, if you are not wearing a nice pair of socks, you might as well strap on some sand paper.

Comment

Im on about those.

Comment

I think the question really is, will these shoes make Mike Tyson have the feet to be fleetfooted?

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
          Are you on about these?
          Hahahahahahaha! Another Msagrain classic, Cheers mate

Shawn, I can't afford those, I'm gonna get a pair of 2000's.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
            I think the question really is, will these shoes make Mike Tyson have the feet to be fleetfooted?
            These shoes will make George Foreman fleetfooted.

Comment

My shoe update is that I tried them on and they didn't suit my feet because I think I am more of a sock with grip girl. I got me some Asics that I love so much I'm almost inspired to sleep in them. But that doesn't mean these aint great, just not for me.

Comment

Originally posted by markeeta View Post
                My shoe update is that I tried them on and they didn't suit my feet because I think I am more of a sock with grip girl. I got me some Asics that I love so much I'm almost inspired to sleep in them. But that doesn't mean these aint great, just not for me.
                What didn't suit your feet about them?

Comment

i really want thes boxing boots they look awesome how long would it take them to come to england

Comment

Working...
                  X