No announcement yet.

Golden Boy CEO Eric Gomez responsible for Canelo bypassing September

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
    I don't think you understand very much about how fighters dehydrate and then rehydrate before a fight. Or if you do you are choosing to pretend it doesn't matter because it suits you to do so.
    If Kovalev is having any trouble at all making weight, a same day weigh in, depending on the weight demand, could ruin him and be even worse for him than a catchweight.

Ask yourself, if it didn't matter, why would Gomez be insisting on it??
    He didn't insist. He asked about a catchweight and it was shut down. Then he simply asked about same day weigh in and Kathy said it was no problem.

Had Kathy rejected same day weigh in, with Eric asking AGAIN...then that's defined as insisting...or am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
      Because Gomez knows that Kovalev, Smith, Andrade, Charlo, etc are all dangerous fights for Canelo but only bring a fraction of the business a third GGG fight does?
      Canelo’s maximum cut is $35 million for Golovkin. Canelo is guaranteed $35mil for each Mexican holiday as reported by Hauser. On off dates for something like December he gets lower than that, as was the Fielding fight.

Therefore Canelo gets the same pay for all the fighters you mentioned. How do people still not understand Nelo’s Multi-deal

Comment

Canelo should stop being a diva and just fight his IBF Mando in September to keep his belt. Wouldn't be too much of a hassle

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
          He didn't insist. He asked about a catchweight and it was shut down. Then he simply asked about same day weigh in and Kathy said it was no problem.

Had Kathy rejected same day weigh in, with Eric asking AGAIN...then that's defined as insisting...or am I wrong?
          I think you are wrong. I think it's obvious that the fight is a no go without it. Do you think Kovalev wants to do a special weight check the day of the fight?

Did you learn nothing from Canelo's last 2 fights?

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
            Who gives a flying fuk about same day weigh in? I saw this quote already. As long as their is no catcweight I think that's fair considering it wasn't long ago Canelo was fighting at 154lbs. Or 155 lol

Christ people just don't want to give Canelo credit. They'll be fighting at 175 fuking pounds. Insane for Canelo to do this.
            Clearly Canelo gives a flying fuk about it because he insists on it. Canelo has not fought at 155 for 3 years FFS. He weighed in at 168 for Fielding looking lean and hard. He has grown into a big middleweight. FFS quit making excuses for him and building him up into some fearless god. He picked Kovalev because Kovalev is 36 and has been stopped twice and is well past prime. He could fight Smith or Bivol at 168 or fight the other young undefeated light heavyweight champs but he never will fight them. If Canelo was half as good as you say he is he would be twice as good as he really is. He is a good fighter but no better than 37 year old GGG. Anybody Canelo can beat GGG can also beat. Any fighter who can beat GGG can also beat Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
              Canelo should stop being a diva and just fight his IBF Mando in September to keep his belt. Wouldn't be too much of a hassle
              Exactly. Many Canelo fans and GGG haters trashed GGG unmercifully for not fighting the same guy and losing his belt. Then when Canelo does the same thing and loses the same belt it is ok because it's Canelo and nothing he does could possibly be wrong or his fault.

Comment

Sorry I got the belts wrong. Canelo is giving up his IBF belt. Hard to keep track of all 4 pesky alphabet groups.

Comment

Eric Gomez knows that Kovalev is a way tougher fight than GGG. Gomez doesn't want to see Canelo get his ass whooped by a LHW when he could have just fought Golovkin again and generated more money.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                    Really??

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...talks-hit-snag

Canelo wouldn't even fight Jacobs or Rocky Fielding without leveraging special princess clauses into the contract.
                    If Hurd ever moved up to fight Canelo, Canelo will probably get a rehydration clause put in. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                      What don't ppl understand, DAZN isn't willing to approve any fight unless it's GGG or Kovalev for Canelo. It's crazy that they are shutting down names when they allow so many other top fighters fighting bums on DAZN. We'll see what bum GGG fights next

Comment

Working...
                      X