Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joining the Boys Club

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      I don't think people care that the new bond is black, just that it's a woman(when Idris Elba was mentioned people seemed interested). You know the era we live in, people trying to create markets for women's movies while instead of just coming up with an original idea (if there is indeed a market for it), they want to take already established franchises showing that there is really no creativity at all and it's the only way they maybe able to turn a buck.

I personally don't watch the Bond movies as they don't appeal to me, but I can see why someone who has followed the franchise would be a bit mad with what they are doing with it. Same way fans of shows complain about series finales and such
      Well no, people had the exact same reacting to a would be black James Bond. Pull the threads and you will see.

Hollywood is trying to create a market for female heroes. When they force it, it doesnt work. When its done with the right storytelling, like in Fury Road, everyone loves it. Speaking of Fury Road, everyone loved Theron as the antagonist in FF as well.

To be clear, people in this thread arent even smart enough to make the distinction between being Bond and being agent 007. If it works creatively, it might be time to move on from the same old thing. James Bond is at what almost 30 movies?

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
        Well no, people had the exact same reacting to a would be black James Bond. Pull the threads and you will see.

Hollywood is trying to create a market for female heroes. When they force it, it doesnt work. When its done with the right storytelling, like in Fury Road, everyone loves it. Speaking of Fury Road, everyone loved Theron as the antagonist in FF as well.

To be clear, people in this thread arent even smart enough to make the distinction between being Bond and being agent 007. If it works creatively, it might be time to move on from the same old thing. James Bond is at what almost 30 movies?
        Sorry but within the story line, MI6 ran out of capable men ?

Comment

Well she already looks like a man. They could've at least gotten someone that wasn't as dark and ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
            Well she already looks like a man. They could've at least gotten someone that wasn't as dark and ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
              Sorry but within the story line, MI6 ran out of capable men ?
              Are you assuming that Bond is the one and only agent at MI6?

Would make any kind of sense whatsoever even in this completely fictional world?

Its funny, of all the ridiculous, nonsensical and downright laughable feats James Bond pulled off, where you would draw the line is that a woman could be an MI6 agent.

I mean... Are you even aware that she wouldnt be the first female super spy to be on screen? Have you seen Nikita?

Comment

She looks like Don Cheadle, but with down syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                  Are you assuming that Bond is the one and only agent at MI6?

Would make any kind of sense whatsoever even in this completely fictional world?

Its funny, of all the ridiculous, nonsensical and downright laughable feats James Bond pulled off, where you would draw the line is that a woman could be an MI6 agent.

I mean... Are you even aware that she wouldnt be the first female super spy to be on screen? Have you seen Nikita?
                  Yeah, that Nikita film really launched the female super spy franchise

MI6 being watered down for the sake of equality

Comment

watch your back, Tom.....

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                      Yeah, that Nikita film really launched the female super spy franchise

MI6 being watered down for the sake of equality
                      I love simple fans like you.

You can watch Vin Diesel drive a car off a plane and literally control it in the air but if Michelle Rodriguez does it you go hey women cant drive like this, hollywood is bull****.

Its funny really.

Comment

Working...
                      X