Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin vs. Alexander is Possible For Khan-Goyat Card in Jeddah

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would rather see PEDvetkin vs. Miller with no PED testing juiced to the gills

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
      Didn't Usyk hurt himself and is shelved until end of summer?
      ah right, i didnt read about that

ah well

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
        There you have it. Yet another top 10 heavyweight fighting an absolute BUM. Wow heavyweight boxing has declined this year.
        It's a comeback fight. After a loss. Perhaps you've heard of this type thing happening before? Try to keep up.

Comment

As I have to remind the Povetkin haters... fighters DO take comeback fights of less risk. It DOES happen. So lighten up and relax.

Even with all the hate directed at the guy, I still enjoy watching Povetkin fight. In my recollection, he only had one fight (Huck) where he came in unprepared. He doesn't always win, but you can depend on a full effort and an action fight from him pretty much every time.

Comment

Who da fook is that guy boxrec breakdown.

30 years old. Boxing for 10 years. Inactive for the last 12 months.

14-3-2 (8) record.

6-3-2 (4) vs guys with winning records.

8-0 (4) vs guys with an even or losing record.

Never been stopped.

Respectable enough L's to Travis Kaufman, LeRon Mitchell & spoiler Rodney Hernandez.

Not sure he has a clear best W. 3 or so look tied for 1st with none standing out to me cuz they either got a trash resume winning record or a solid resume with a trash record.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
              It's a comeback fight. After a loss. Perhaps you've heard of this type thing happening before? Try to keep up.
              You're advising a guy who has almost no time in his career to fight a bum. You're probably a promoter, you should work for PBC. They back your ideas completely.

Comment

As I have to remind the Povetkin haters... fighters DO take comeback fights of less risk. It DOES happen. So lighten up and relax.

Even with all the hate directed at the guy, I still enjoy watching Povetkin fight. In my recollection, he only had one fight (Huck) where he came in unprepared. He doesn't always win, but you can depend on a full effort and an action fight from him pretty much every time.
                It's ****ing hating to want the guy to fight a live body. This **** ruins boxing.

Comment

Even as a tune up bout after surgery and a long layoff there is no point for Povetkin to fight a guy like Alexander.

Comment

Yeah thats right. But still they could have signed a slightly better opponent than that. What is it good for?

Comment

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
                      Yeah thats right. But still they could have signed a slightly better opponent than that. What is it good for?
                      So you aren't aware of the reasons why most fighters take a light touch on the comeback fight? Among other things, it's to build back confidence that may have been lost in the previous fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X