Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is the Dodge Charger (not challenger) a good cars??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
    Great post.

I personally know people who had major problems with the Chinese sourced 6 speeds in the S197 Mustang's. Was a pretty widespread problem.

Man, I could list parts all day long that have, and have had, a high failure rate because inferior quality and even worse quality control.

In a metallurgical lab you perform at least 10 quality checks a night per each line producing parts plus a percentage check of any parts brought in from other facilities. This involves microscopic evaluation of the entire part under a microscope, as well as cutting it into sections and examining it like that. It involves strength testing, stress testing and a whole host of other tests done not only daily but on every shift that operates. Granted, this can't guarantee that every single part sent out will last as long as it is supposed to but it does cut failure rate into the single digits percentages.

Now, for example, the Chinese manufacturing facility I worked closely with produced a key steering housing for a Dodge Durango or a Ram truck, I forget which. Regardless, they had three QC people working, per shift, in a facility that ran something like 50 lines of production. All day, all night. 9 people doing quality checks for something like 75000 parts per day. Plus they only performed 5 microscopic evaluation per WEEK.

They had a QC rating of something like 52% when they gained our contract. TRW spent untold millions of dollars reworking parts that should have been copacetic when they came through the door. However, and this is the absolute fcked up part, Dodge and Ford and Chevrolet all deemed all of this to be more cost effective than putting this on the American labor force. I mean, to them, a few deaths in relation to faulty parts, and the class action suit that could arise, are worth the risk and are less of a threat to a profit margin than using American labor. It's truly pathetic.

No automaker is immune to it, all of them have lapses. Toyota had a multitude of airbag issues and problems with parts used in the brake system. Honda has had mass steering pump issues because of faulty parts. However, Japanese QC is without a doubt the most stringent on the planet and it's not even close. It's absolutely top notch and it's part of the reason I will never ever buy a new American car off of a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
      My friend has a '16 Charger on his lot. I believe it's a R/T model and he says it looks beastly. i've always liked the look of challenger over the charger but ever since i saw this all white Charger SRT it has changed me as a man. i wanted one so bad but i think the SRT is too much power for me. plus now there are way too many challengers on the streets and they are just way too common whereas the Charger is not as popular. i also like that its a sedan (4 doors) an not a coupe.

tagging all of the car pepole: Sweet Pea 50 1bad65
      My dad gave me a 71 charger 440. Marry my maricon cousin Raul and it's yours. B1tches like you don't even understand ****

Comment

My friend has a '16 Charger on his lot. I believe it's a R/T model and he says it looks beastly. i've always liked the look of challenger over the charger but ever since i saw this all white Charger SRT it has changed me as a man. i wanted one so bad but i think the SRT is too much power for me. plus now there are way too many challengers on the streets and they are just way too common whereas the Charger is not as popular. i also like that its a sedan (4 doors) an not a coupe.

tagging all of the car pepole: Sweet Pea 50 1bad65
        Forgive me for my strongly held racial beliefs.

Sorry (not really) you are softer than doctors cotton!
        I'm kinda sorry you didn't have a z in your life at an early age, you know, your formative years.

Believe you me, you'd be balling outta contriznol !!'
        You'd grow to overlook your short comings!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          Forgive me for my strongly held racial beliefs.

Sorry (not really) you are softer than doctors cotton!
          I'm kinda sorry you didn't have a z in your life at an early age, you know, your formative years.

Believe you me, you'd be balling outta contriznol !!'
          You'd grow to overlook your short comings!
          that's ok amigo, we all hold strongly held racial beliefs. like how most people think your people are only good as landscaping and construction and jumping borders. i can't help how they feel though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
            Man, I could list parts all day long that have, and have had, a high failure rate because inferior quality and even worse quality control.

In a metallurgical lab you perform at least 10 quality checks a night per each line producing parts plus a percentage check of any parts brought in from other facilities. This involves microscopic evaluation of the entire part under a microscope, as well as cutting it into sections and examining it like that. It involves strength testing, stress testing and a whole host of other tests done not only daily but on every shift that operates. Granted, this can't guarantee that every single part sent out will last as long as it is supposed to but it does cut failure rate into the single digits percentages.

Now, for example, the Chinese manufacturing facility I worked closely with produced a key steering housing for a Dodge Durango or a Ram truck, I forget which. Regardless, they had three QC people working, per shift, in a facility that ran something like 50 lines of production. All day, all night. 9 people doing quality checks for something like 75000 parts per day. Plus they only performed 5 microscopic evaluation per WEEK.

They had a QC rating of something like 52% when they gained our contract. TRW spent untold millions of dollars reworking parts that should have been copacetic when they came through the door. However, and this is the absolute fcked up part, Dodge and Ford and Chevrolet all deemed all of this to be more cost effective than putting this on the American labor force. I mean, to them, a few deaths in relation to faulty parts, and the class action suit that could arise, are worth the risk and are less of a threat to a profit margin than using American labor. It's truly pathetic.

No automaker is immune to it, all of them have lapses. Toyota had a multitude of airbag issues and problems with parts used in the brake system. Honda has had mass steering pump issues because of faulty parts. However, Japanese QC is without a doubt the most stringent on the planet and it's not even close. It's absolutely top notch and it's part of the reason I will never ever buy a new American car off of a lot.
            Thinking of going Luddite, and picking up another carbed 5.7 90's Suburban.

Kiss my ass, commie whale lovers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              Thinking of going Luddite, and picking up another carbed 5.7 90's Suburban.

Kiss my ass, commie whale lovers.
              My favorite truck ever is the 1995 Chevy short bed with the 5.7 v8. I bought it at a police auction in 2005 for $900 if you can believe it and still have it. It's super easy to work on and repair and it runs like, as my grandpa would say, a scalded dog.

Comment

Naw dodge is a sht brand. Its like two hillbilly white boys woke up one day and told each other like hey Earl lets slap some metals together and make a shtty vehicle. Its a clumsy car.

Only dodge Id fuk with is Viper Acr.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                  Naw dodge is a sht brand. Its like two hillbilly white boys woke up one day and told each other like hey Earl lets slap some metals together and make a shtty vehicle. Its a clumsy car.

Only dodge Id fuk with is Viper Acr.
                  aint u the dude talking about buying a fucking acura or some stupidly overprice land rover that white chicks in beverly hills drive?

what's next, a G wagon with a baby pink wrap job?

vipers are nice though.

Comment

aint u the dude talking about buying a fucking acura or some stupidly overprice land rover that white chicks in beverly hills drive?

what's next, a G wagon with a baby pink wrap job?

vipers are nice though.
                    Land rovers , not range rovers, are unique SUVs that not everybody and their mamas drive. White LR with black package and black rims looks strictly gangster. Its definitely a side piece though, not a daily driver.

You sound kinda young but NSX is not your regular Honda dude. People who didnt live through the 90s wouldnt understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
                      My favorite truck ever is the 1995 Chevy short bed with the 5.7 v8. I bought it at a police auction in 2005 for $900 if you can believe it and still have it. It's super easy to work on and repair and it runs like, as my grandpa would say, a scalded dog.
                      I bought mine for 2500, and put 150k miles on it in the blink of an eye.

Towing for work or play, regular commuting, some off roading here and there.

Big friendly 350 rumble, never left me stranded, fired up every time, what couldn't you fit in the back.

Sold it when gas was hitting for nearly 5 bucks a gallon out here in California.

It felt like a betrayal on my part.

Not a religious person, but that big beast had a soul.

I miss it.

Comment

Working...
                      X