No announcement yet.

UK General Election OFFICIAL RBR THREAD

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    This isn't accurate. Their Army Council was infiltrated by MI5, they were beaten so they came to the table before they were arrested. McGuinness was literally days away from it.

Corbyn didn't want them to talk, he supported the IRA's military campaign. While they were bombing British children, Corbyn was right there with them.

No moderate Irish nationalist associates Corbyn with teh peace process, he was someone who supported the terrorists no matter what he tries to claim now.

The guy doesn't even support shoot-to-kill of ISIS terrorists on British streets. Wake up, he doesn't even like Britain or the things we hold dear in this country.

That's interesting if true, I would be interested in finding out more if you could link me up. Nonetheless it doesn't change the fact that persistent insurgency would likely have continued until a negotiated solution was reached - do you think that the sense of injustice that produced the problem would simply have evaporated if we had wrapped up the Army Council? No. There may have been a few years maybe of reorganisation and relative quiet, but the problem would not have been solved.

And as to the last bit, did it occur to you that maybe we all hold different things dear about this country? Myself I ain't particularly fond of being spied upon, like my NHS, support free education for all, support unionisation and workers rights and am in favour of nationalising strategic industries. So yeah. Those were the things I did hold dear. What I ain't fond of is increasing encroachments on our civil liberties, increased poverty even amongst working families, zero hours contracts and the government signing away our rights and freedoms stealthily through trade deals like TTIP.

You see this is the kind of **** that bothers me:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7703451.html

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...rking-families

....not the anachronistic hangover from an imperial past in Northern Ireland that only continues to bite us on the ass because we didn't sit down and come to a negotiated solution 30 years previously. Sad thing is the Tories jumping into bed with one faction from that benighted little corner of the world is pretty much guaranteed to make sure their problems continue for a good while to come. And frankly, man, for me, the untold misery, health problems and potential loss of life that will be the inevitable result of the creeping privatisation of the NHS far outweigh the relatively minor depredations of Irish insurgents and Islamic nutters, no matter how loud the headlines scream or the undoubted horror of those caught up in such atrocities.

Comment

Working...
    X