Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Boy Promotions crumbling down ...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Idk about wonders, but its obviously a good thing that they could do good things with. So if GBP was a stock now would be the time to buy cuz they are going to be moving up in value with that deal in place. And in my eyes that side programming will help maximize their fighters ability at becoming more known & fans becoming more invested in their future.
    I just hope the ESPN deal doesn't just become a Los Angeles only showcase..For years ESPN did most of there fights in the north east and now it's going to be more southwest but I hope the tradition of showcasing fights in Philly.NY,Boston doesn't die on basic cable..

Comment

Originally posted by R-C View Post
      They'll be fine, let's worry about boxing not promotion companies.
      If there's no promotional companies, there will be minimal boxing and we fans will be sad.

I'm not wanting for the demise of GBP (like what Haymon and Schaefer wanted ). Just disturbed by the successive miseries GBP suffered this first month of the new year.

Comment

Worst Week EVER for sure lol

Comment

Originally posted by SceneBoxer View Post
          If there's no promotional companies, there will be minimal boxing and we fans will be sad.

I'm not wanting for the demise of GBP (like what Haymon and Schaefer wanted ). Just disturbed by the successive miseries GBP suffered this first month of the new year.
          But you left out them signing a ESPN deal, signing gamboa, and having a successful event last night that produced a fight of the year candate, them signing the Chavez PPV fight, announcing the lemiux/Stevens fight, ect. You are picking and choosing what to highlight and leaving the rest out. Tons of companies would love to have those things I just listed all take place in the first month of the year.

Comment

GBP's mishandling of the Golovkin/Canelo is the only thing you can bash them with. Other than that they've been matching up the fighters they have left with with competitive fights. Their new recruits Matthysse and Lemieux didn't even undergo marinating phase. It didn't benefit them. Both fighters suffered loses. You can't accuse them of engaging in over-protection.

Comment

Working...
            X