Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Kell Brook benn a natural 160 this while time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    He said he isn't usually this big. He gained the weight on purpose. Stop trying to make this something that it isnt'

http://www.boxingscene.com/kell-broo...-fight--107910
    That last punch Spence hit Bundu with was scary.

Dude has easy KO power.

Comment

No. I would say he is probably a decent sized Jr. MW meaning he is roughly the same size as Lara (5'9") as opposed to being a big Jr. MW which I would consider someone like Andrade (6'1") to be. He was definitely one of the bigger welterweights while there (not sure if he's returning) and was about the same size as Spence.

I don't think Golovkin or Canelo are that much bigger than Brook in terms of natural weight. I just believe that Golovkin in particular is just that much more naturally stronger than Brook and that it is going to be the biggest difference for Brook to get used to if he can. Golovkins strength given his height/size tends to catch people off guard.

I look at Brook's size similar to Crawford in the sense that I think Crawford could jump one division right now and make a good size welterweight but feel that he would be too weak to make a jump to Jr. MW.
      Last edited by Tails; 09-02-2016, 08:42 PM.

Comment

He's eating 9/10 (Big) meals a day. So no.
        Last edited by MPX309; 09-02-2016, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tails View Post
          No. I would say he is probably a decent sized Jr. MW meaning he is roughly the same size as Lara (5'9") as opposed to being a big Jr. MW which I would consider someone like Andrade (6'1") to be. He was definitely one of the bigger welterweights while there (not sure if he's returning) and was about the same size as Spence.

I don't think Golovkin or Canelo are that much bigger than Brook in terms of natural weight. I just believe that Golovkin in particular is just that much more naturally stronger than Brook and that it is going to be the biggest difference for Brook to get used to if he can. Golovkins strength given his height/size tends to catch people off guard.

I look at Brook's size similar to Crawford in the sense that I think Crawford could jump one division right now and make a good size welterweight but feel that he would be too weak to make a jump to Jr. MW.
          Crawford rehydrates to around the same weight at LWW as Brook does at WW.

Crawford-Postol, Crawford rehydrated to 157.
          Brook-Porter, Brook rehydrated to 156.

Comment

Obviously... he walks around at 200+.

Comment

I don't hate this fight. I think GGG will murder him not because he is bigger but because he is better. GGG has been KOing full sized middleweights with ease so Brook being perhaps a natural 154 pounder won't save him. Brook fought Carson Jones at 147 and almost lost the fight. He rematched Jones at a weight limit of 152 and beat him easily by KO. This would indicate that 147 isn't his best weight. Brook said he has been killing himself to make 147 so maybe he belongs at 154 or 160.

Comment

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
                Brook has not even proven himself at 147 man, how is this a good fight for p4p 160 fighter GGG? Why is the bar dropped so low for this guy? Brook is nowhere close on ANY P4P TOP 10 LIST..and is know for fighting IBF mandatories..no one gave this man any damn credit until he signed to fight GGG now all of the sudden he is this great boxer and the best 147 fighter...wtf?..Its a **** fight and a disgrace to boxing..
                MAN YOU ARE SO FULL OF ****. The Ring and the Transnational boxing board both have Kell Brook as the #1 Welterweight on the planet, Boxrec has Brook ranked as the #2 Welterweight as well as the #7 best fighter P4P in the world. You're just a guy full of hate on the internet, I'll take their word over yours.

I know you hate GGG but DAMN YOU SOUND STUPID. If you don't got nothing good or smart to say then STFU.
                Last edited by Golgo 13; 09-02-2016, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Pimper View Post
                  MAN YOU ARE SO FULL OF ****. The Ring and the Transnational boxing board both have Kell Brook as the #1 Welterweight on the planet, Boxrec has Brook ranked as the #2 Welterweight as well as the #7 best fighter P4P in the world. You're just a guy full of hate on the internet, I'll take their word over yours.

I know you hate GGG but DAMN YOU SOUND STUPID. If you don't got nothing good or smart to say then STFU.
                  His own network has him rated as the 3rd best welterweight. They've seen him fight more than anybody else

1 Manny Pacquiao (Philippines) 58-6-2

2 Timothy Bradley (USA) 33-2-1

3 Kell Brook (England) 36-0

4 Danny Garcia (USA) 32-0

[url]http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/27392/8148707/sky-sports-rankings-welterweight-world-top-10[/url

Ring has Khan #3 at welterweight. Above Danny Garcia, Shawn Porter and Tim Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Pimper View Post

List Brooks top 5 wins

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      His own network has him rated as the 3rd best welterweight. They've seen him fight more than anybody else

1 Manny Pacquiao (Philippines) 58-6-2

2 Timothy Bradley (USA) 33-2-1

3 Kell Brook (England) 36-0

4 Danny Garcia (USA) 32-0

[url]http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/27392/8148707/sky-sports-rankings-welterweight-world-top-10[/url

Ring has Khan #3 at welterweight. Above Danny Garcia, Shawn Porter and Tim Bradley.
                      and that is complete bull****

Comment

Working...
                      X