Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which opponent body part do you primarily look at when you are boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which opponent body part do you primarily look at when you are boxing?

Eyes, face,chest, elbows, gloves,legs?

Choose and explain the benefits of each.

Also, what did some of your favourite choose to do?
    Last edited by jas; 04-12-2014, 11:48 AM.

Base of the neck...you can see everything you need to see looking there and be less vulnerable to feints.

Comment

look right into the middle of his chest. Because, you'll see all that you need to. Feet, hands, head, hips.... that's all that matters. It takes time to learn how to use all of your vision though while in battle.......... Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        look right into the middle of his chest. Because, you'll see all that you need to. Feet, hands, head, hips.... that's all that matters. It takes time to learn how to use all of your vision though while in battle.......... Rockin'
        Green k sent and chest added to OP.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
          Green k sent and chest added to OP.
          Don't forget about the hips. Look where I said and you will see all of them at once, everything that you need to see.(even the feet)

Your mind has an automatic safety mechanism that will try to keep you out of harms way. You might not think that you saw it but if you look in the proper place your mind will pick it all up. After a while your mind begins picking up the same slight movements that happen right before a right hand is fired, same with the left hook and every other punch. After a while of good sparring your eyes will pick up the punch, as well as the slight movements before the blow was even delivered. You're not even thinking of it and your mind will just get you out of the way. Learning to 'see' isthe hardest part of learning to box, but once you do learn to see properly, you're on your way to a whole new level.

It's all in the mind............. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_3G...02BE125439F4FD ..........Rockin'
          Last edited by Rockin'; 04-12-2014, 12:14 PM.

Comment

I cant say I look at any particular place but chest, shoulders and base of the neck area are all in my center vision. That is the direction my eyes are facing but I don't focus in on one area.

Sorry if that made no sense lol.

Comment

the entire torso
              i fell like if the other guy move any part of body i can "predict" with some movement or attack

Comment

I look straight ahead at the chest area, boxing and basketball are very similar in many of the practices and footwork, I feel I can see the movement coming from the core first, and react better accordingly, it also works the other way around, you dont know where I am focusing my peripheral vison on if I keep my eyes dead center.

Comment

boobies boobies boobiessssss

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
                    boobies boobies boobiessssss
                    Yes, one of the perks to boxing with the ladies. It adds a whole new dimension when you get inside and bury your head into their chest............. Rockin':boobies:

Comment

Working...
                    X