No announcement yet.

Margarito would be where Mayweather/Hopkins are legacy wise if he wasnt ducked

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by georgenewman View Post
    Marg's boxing skills aren't that great. Couldn't you pick a more talented fighter to hype?
    Miguel Cotto? oh wait a minute.....

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
      I meant within the last 2 years when these fights would have been most realistically possible.

But it looks like margarito might fight mosley

Gotcha. He'd get UD'd by PBF, but he'd destroy DLH nowadays and is on track to destroyin SSM soon.

Comment

So i am looking at their resumes and Hopkins has a hella impressive resume. Mayweather to me is so so since he was p4p number 1 king.

Now am i the only one who thinks that if the name fighters didnt duck him hed have an amazing resume and be one of the p4p best?

Judah, Spinks, Mayweather, Mosley, De La Hoya, Mayorga. That right there, those six wins would give him one of the best resumes of his era and would be in the same class as Mayweather and Hopkins.

Would do you all think? They avoided him for obvious reasons. Now that he may have lost a little something after the Cotto fight it seems people now want to fight him.

Let the hate begin
        mayweather and oscar would beat margarito without a doubt in my mind.. spinks would probably beat him too.. he already lost to williams and has an additional 4 loses on his resume.. dont get carried away bro.. margarito is a good fighter but he lacks the tools to be a GREAT fighter. the guys mentioned didnt fight him because he had no name prior to his cotto victory and there wasnt a big purse involved in you were to fight him.. i seriously doubt anyone was afraid of him

Comment

but if he was able to land all those fights and beat all of those fighters he would probably have one ofthe best resumes amongst anyone the past 30 years

Comment

Good thing Victor Lozoya, Larry Dixon, and Rodney Jones didnt duck him.

Comment

Margarito is nothing more then a transitional champion.

Ducked??? He ducked P. Williams who earned a mandatory shot at the WBO title. If it wasn't for the mandate he wouldn't have fought him at all.

Then he losses to Williams and shows us why he was hesitant about fighting the 6'2 welterweight. Now he is too scared to lose his top spot and is looking for competition left and right......from Delahoya to Cotto to Clottey, always coming up with a excuse to try to rematch and avenge his loss to Williams.

BECAUSE HE KNOWS HE CAN'T BEAT THE ONLY GUY WHO IS BIGGER THEN HE IS AT 147. THAT'S HIS ONLY CLAIM TO FAME, BEING BIGGER THEN THE MAJORITY OF HIS COMPETITION.

Comment

i'd rather watch marg fight than floyd or 'nard.

that is all.

Comment

So i am looking at their resumes and Hopkins has a hella impressive resume. Mayweather to me is so so since he was p4p number 1 king.

Now am i the only one who thinks that if the name fighters didnt duck him hed have an amazing resume and be one of the p4p best?

Judah, Spinks, Mayweather, Mosley, De La Hoya, Mayorga. That right there, those six wins would give him one of the best resumes of his era and would be in the same class as Mayweather and Hopkins.

Would do you all think? They avoided him for obvious reasons. Now that he may have lost a little something after the Cotto fight it seems people now want to fight him.

Let the hate begin
                  Hate? Margarito sucks. The end.

Comment

ok this MArg hype needs to stop, please!!!!!

He is not that good, DLH/PBF would have killed him.

Comment

If he managed to win those 6 fights, his resume would be better than mayweathers and just under hopkins
                      Thats a pretty big IF, bud. And assuming Margarito just automatically beats all 6 mentioned is kinda pushing it.

Comment

Working...
                      X