Originally posted by Hieroglyphics View Post
    Mayweather > Pacquiao
    why?...............

Comment

any more *****s coming in here?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
        of course he deserves it.

if floyd didn't "retire" then they could have an argument.
        yes, that also hurt his credibility as a top welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by MmuhammadM View Post
          yes, that also hurt his credibility as a top welterweight.
          Bro, don't forget that Floyd was 2nd place behind Pacquiao. As I recall Floyd rank as a distant second to the reigning FOTD Congressman Manny Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Dehydrator View Post
            Bro, don't forget that Floyd was 2nd place behind Pacquiao. As I recall Floyd rank as a distant second to the reigning FOTD Congressman Manny Pacquiao.
            But the votes were almost unanimous in pacquias favour weren't they?

Comment

But the votes were almost unanimous in pacquias favour weren't they?
              If I'm not mistaken percentage wise the vote came out to be 98% on Pacquiao and 2% on Floyd. something to that effect... lolol

Comment

Originally posted by Dehydrator View Post
                If I'm not mistaken percentage wise the vote came out to be 98% on Pacquiao and 2% on Floyd. something to that effect... lolol
                exactly, this proves that people understood the difference between a FIGHTER and a BOXER

Comment

any more *****s coming in here?
                  why you always saying that, I see you have alot of animosity towards floyd

Comment

This is a counter to the other thread.

Pac completely deserved it. Remember it's called FIGHTER of the decade, not boxer of the decade.

The criteria the writers/experts used to judge, was tailor made for pac's boxing personality, not floyds.

If the award was called BOXER of the decade, I can 100% guarantee you that it would have gone to floyd.

I don't see why *****s are so angry. Fighters are fighters and boxers are boxers. When you mix the two you will get exciting style match ups. I await to see this in november of 2010.

Floyd fans you should be happy that he won the award.

Isn't floyd a pure boxer?

Why would you want to be associated with an award that is irrelevant to your favourite boxer?
                    Being in the Boxing Writers Association of America, I'd say that the reason Pacquiao was chosen overwhelmingly is because he fought the guys that the media wanted him to, and then some he didn't even have to.

In hindsight we can say that Oscar de la Hoya was an easy opponent but before that, many people thought it was a suicide machine and that Oscar found another little guy to pick on.

Miguel Cotto was another guy who was thought to be risky, and Pacquiao made mince meat of him.

Both Mayweather and Pacquiao won one easy alphabet title (Arturo Gatti and David Diaz), but Pacquiao had the advantage of being able to fight guys like Barrera, Morales and Marquez.

A lot of people point to Mayweather's more decisive win over Marquez but that victory was tainted in a lot of ways by Marquez jumping up two divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by slickfox View Post
                      why you always saying that, I see you have alot of animosity towards floyd
                      As well as Floyd himself, his crack head trainer has completely ridiculed and disrespected my hero. If I was an atheist I wouldn't hesitate running an axe into his throat.
                      Last edited by Vadrigar.; 06-16-2010, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X