Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is HBO trying to help Main Events overturn Tony Weeks decision?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is HBO trying to help Main Events overturn Tony Weeks decision?

n all fairness to Kathy, she’s upset. It’s her fighter,” Bennett said to USA Today. “I felt we had it right the first time. And I thought Tony did a great job this time. I’ve reviewed the fight this morning. I looked at those punches that were allegedly low, and even spoke to (HBO’s) Tom Hauser, who sent me a video, saying one of those punches was low but it was very hard to determine because Kovalev’s arm was by his waist, and the punch looks like it comes up underneath and hits on the belt line.

http://www.boxingscene.com/nsac-exec-good-stoppage-kovalev-ward-shots-legal--117696#sthash.siF1gTE7.dpuf

An HBO employee is sending the Nevada State Commissioner a video and telling him it was a low blow. When did HBO get in the business of trying to influence the outcome of fights? They're supposed to be a neutral party whose job it is to air fights, that's it. Their former employee was also a judge for this fight, Steve Weisfeld. He also had Kovalev up 5-2 going into the 8th.

yea the weisfeld thing is a joke.. he shouldnt be reffing high profile hbo fights.. HBO is becoming a joke boxing wise

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      n all fairness to Kathy, she’s upset. It’s her fighter,” Bennett said to USA Today. “I felt we had it right the first time. And I thought Tony did a great job this time. I’ve reviewed the fight this morning. I looked at those punches that were allegedly low, and even spoke to (HBO’s) Tom Hauser, who sent me a video, saying one of those punches was low but it was very hard to determine because Kovalev’s arm was by his waist, and the punch looks like it comes up underneath and hits on the belt line.

http://www.boxingscene.com/nsac-exec-good-stoppage-kovalev-ward-shots-legal--117696#sthash.siF1gTE7.dpuf

An HBO employee is sending the Nevada State Commissioner a video and telling him it was a low blow. When did HBO get in the business of trying to influence the outcome of fights? They're supposed to be a neutral party whose job it is to air fights, that's it. Their former employee was also a judge for this fight, Steve Weisfeld. He also had Kovalev up 5-2 going into the 8th.
      Had people over at the house, ALL had Kovalev up, ALL said the punches were low and ALL said the stoppage was bullschit and that boxing is dying because of corruption. These were ALL casual fans too.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Had people over at the house, ALL had Kovalev up, ALL said the punches were low and ALL said the stoppage was bullschit and that boxing is dying because of corruption. These were ALL casual fans too.
        I had Kov up 4 rounds to 3 going into the 8th. Ward had a strong 8th rounds and hurt Kov but not hurt to the point where the fight needed to be waved off. Especially given the low blow shots that landed right before Weeks waved it off.

People can say that Kov was doubled over and wasn't responding. How else was he suppose to react after getting uppercutted in/around the nutz with 3 consecutive shots?

Comment

Yea. They've been saying boxing is dying since the 1800's. But to address the topic. Why is HBO helping Main Events?

Comment

Good for them? Most media scorecards were 4-3 either way. There were a couple of 5-2 cards for Kov, but that was well in the minority. And no one would have scored round 8 for Kov if the round had finished properly.

The stoppage was a bad call, and yes the last shot or so was low. But pretty much every other body shot in the fight I've seen gifs of were fair play.
            Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 06-19-2017, 11:48 AM.

Comment

All must have been Russian, All must not watch much boxing (casual), All must be Trump enthusiast.

To say all the punches were low is insane! To have Kovalev up is also pretty crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                I had Kov up 4 rounds to 3 going into the 8th. Ward had a strong 8th rounds and hurt Kov but not hurt to the point where the fight needed to be waved off. Especially given the low blow shots that landed right before Weeks waved it off.

People can say that Kov was doubled over and wasn't responding. How else was he suppose to react after getting uppercutted in/around the nutz with 3 consecutive shots?
                Yea that's cool and all and I've written a topic about the low blows. But to address this topic, why is HBO helping Main Events?

Comment

Originally posted by BucaRican View Post
                  All must have been Russian, All must not watch much boxing (casual), All must be Trump enthusiast.

To say all the punches were low is insane! To have Kovalev up is also pretty crazy.
                  Yea that's cool and all and I've written a topic about the low blows. But to address this topic, why is HBO helping Main Events?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

http://www.boxingscene.com/nsac-exec....siF1gTE7.dpuf

It was Tom Hauser who sent a video to Bennett about the low blows. Bennett said they are not overturning the decision. So Kov nut riders can go hop on the next band wagon via Golovkin until he gets finished in September.

Comment

Working...
                    X