Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Weekend blowout seals the deal: Lomachenko is P4P's best man

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    Is it just me or does Loma fans completely IGNORE the fact that he has a LOSS on his record??? I mean google, boxingrec, wiki, all show Loma with a loss to a JOURNEYMAN with a DOZEN losses ! Yet they seem to think he has NEVER lost as a pro or amateur EVER.

P4P #1's don't lose to guys not even ranked P4P top 50!
    That you're trying to discredit Orlando Salido as some nobody journeyman says all anyone needs to know about your credibility here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Lomachenko is an extremely skillfull fighter.

But why do some boxers get elevated after dominating average foes while others get called cherry pickers?

And if you rank Lomachenko #1 then where do you rank Mikey Garcia? He fought Salido and Rocky Martinez too.
      Mikey Garcia is rebuilding his reputation after a long layoff. He'll be back atop these lists soon enough but right now Loma should be higher.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
        Wonder if the accolades would be there if Loma was black.

He's a good fighter, he looks the part, but his resume is thin. Seems that people are in the business of ignoring flaws when someone is of a lighter shade.
        I would say that certain fighters get asked to do more in order to earn the title of great. While other fighters get a pass.

It's one thing when fans do it as they tend to have favorites. But when the supposedly unbiased media does it that does become infuriating.

At least with Lomachenko there's no question that he passes the eye test, though. His skills are undeniable. It's just a matter of his resume now.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Mikey Garcia is rebuilding his reputation after a long layoff. He'll be back atop these lists soon enough but right now Loma should be higher.
          But with what he has already done he should be ranked right there with Lomachenko. He actually beat Salido and hurt him repeatedly.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
            Wonder if the accolades would be there if Loma was black.

He's a good fighter, he looks the part, but his resume is thin. Seems that people are in the business of ignoring flaws when someone is of a lighter shade.
            ^^^^FACTS^^^^
            And a wack journalist that will get some change from bobby arum for writing some B.S.

Comment

I don't really pay much attention to P4P as it ultimately comes down to personal beliefs and preferences.

When I look at it from a pure talent standpoint, I see it like this. Right now Loma is way ahead of the rest. Does it prove he will be HOF'er? no, as careers can collapse. Have others achieved more than he has overall? Yes. Does anyone have more potential upside right now? no

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
                I agree lomachenko is number 1 p4p in terms of skills. fuk what anybody else says.
                Loma is only better than 666 and kovalev in P4P cuz we ALL know Ward is the P4P King!

Comment

I can name about 50 guys that would look like the best in the world facing Jason Sosa-level of competition. He beat a pizza boy guys!

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    But with what he has already done he should be ranked right there with Lomachenko. He actually beat Salido and hurt him repeatedly.
                    ^^^this

arguably higher considering he has won titles from 126-135

Comment

Originally posted by pigeons View Post
                      i can name about 50 guys that would look like the best in the world facing jason sosa-level of competition. He beat a pizza boy guys!
                      true....i agree

Comment

Working...
                      X