Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Ali Bashir on split with Usyk: Egis Klimas pushed me out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like Klimas, he is not a good manager in my opinion. He works with immense talented boxers and each with different, but great style – Loma, Kov, Usyk, Gvozdyk. And what do we have? Neither of them speaks good English. Neither has a proper exposure outside of the ring. Klymas horrible handles interview, guys are not rocket scientists and all, but he makes them look like monkeys. Loma sometimes gives a very interesting insights about boxing, but Egis just unable to translate them properly. And now this crap, I do believe it, tbh. It's just matches the pattern. Looks like Klimas simply milks this guys.

Comment

I just find it really shady when a fighter drops his trainer as soon as he finds professional success.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
        I just find it really shady when a fighter drops his trainer as soon as he finds professional success.
        When you start getting some buzz the vultures come around whispering in your ear

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          He isn't blaming Usyk, he's blaming Klimas. He praised Usyk, the Ukrainian people & especially the Klitschko's. Did you listen to the interview? Usyk sees how Klimas has handled the career of Loma & Kovalev so he's listening to whatever Klimas says. There is a way to handle things and the way Klimas handled it wasn't right. When Klimas called Lomachenko's father he should've told him to let Bashir know he's being let go instead of training his fighter behind his back and trying to take over camp.
          I've said it might be true or not, we can't be 100% sure about that, but personally I don't think Klimas has anything to do with it, and I don't even like Klimas. That was a logical thing to do for Usyk since he's always been close with Loma's family from the beggining, asking Loma's dad for help even when he was with Bashir and Klimas was out of the picture

Comment

They did the same thing with Povetkin and Teddy Atlas.

These Russians/Ukrainians seem to want to want to cut off any American support structure that the fighters have so that they get total control over them.

Comment

Sounds like Klimas wants to keep all the money in Easter European hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Usyk asked Bashir to be his father
                Lulz What kind of ridiculous b.s. is that? Guaranteed that never happened.

I have listened to several long podcast interviews with Bashir he has some serious issues and is pathologically desperate for the world to give him praise and feels like it's owed to him.

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                There's no pattern here, Kovalev and JDJ never liked each other since day one, and Papachenko was always a father figure to Usyk and trained him for Olympics, that move was expected. Bashir was temporary from the start
                Usyk trained with the Lomachenko's for 5 years but Anatoliy said he wanted to focus on Vasyl 100% when he turned pro and turned down training requests from Usyk and Gvozdyk. Fortunately it seems that he realizes there is enough time. Pretty sure they're God parents to each others kids they're essentially family and Anatoliy is a mad professor so great news all around.
                Last edited by Mikhnienko; 02-15-2017, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                  Lulz What kind of ridiculous b.s. is that? Guaranteed that never happened.

I have listened to several long podcast interviews with Bashir he has some serious issues and is pathologically desperate for the world to give him praise and feels like it's owed to him.

Usyk trained with the Lomachenko's for 5 years but Anatoliy said he wanted to focus on Vasyl 100% when he turned pro and turned down training requests from Usyk and Gvozdyk. Fortunately it seems that he realizes there is enough time. Pretty sure they're God parents to each others kids they're essentially family and Anatoliy is a mad professor so great news all around.
                  1) I agree that Bashir often sounds like whole world should give his praise and that Anatoly Lomachenko is the best trainer for Usyk. But the way Usyk parted ways with Bashir is really, really wrong. They wanted to make him left the team by himself, make him feel very uncomfortable in the team. I think it was Usyk's choice to hire Anatoly Lomachenko, but the way HOW to do it was Klimases idea. And it was very, very wrong.

2) Egis Klimas is a horrible person. I know it from my personal experience. He was so offended at my suggestion that it was a poetry justice that his fighter Glazkov lost to Charles Martin becuse of the way Glazkov's team handled themselves with Fury/Wlad rematch and IBF title situation, that he stopped to talk to me completely.

3) Klimas is also a shіtty manager, because the way he translates from Russian to English makes his fighters look really dumb in the eyes of boxing fans and media. Sorry, but if you are living for 25 years in USA, you should know English much, much better than Klimas does. He should have and could have got a good interpreters for his guys, but he desperatly wants people attention, so he handles all their media meetings by himself and does it terribly to be honest.
                  Last edited by Big Ukrainian; 02-15-2017, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Damn, them Soviet comrades sure do stick together and try their absolute best to keep the money in house!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ukrainian View Post
                      1) I agree that Bashir often sounds like whole world should give his praise and that Anatoly Lomachenko is the best trainer for Usyk. But the way Usyk parted ways with Bashir is really, really wrong. They wanted to make him left the team by himself, make him feel very uncomfortable in the team. I think it was Usyk's choice to hire Anatoly Lomachenko, but the way HOW to do it was Klimases idea. And it was very, very wrong.

2) Egis Klimas is a horrible person. I know it from my personal experience. He was so offended at my suggestion that it was a poetry justice that his fighter Glazkov lost to Charles Martin becuse of the way Glazkov's team handled themselves with Fury/Wlad rematch and IBF title situation, that he stopped to talk to me completely.

3) Klimas is also a shіtty manager, because the way he translates from Russian to English makes his fighters look really dumb in the eyes of boxing fans and media. Sorry, but if you are living for 25 years in USA, you should know English much, much better than Klimas does. He should have and could have got a good interpreters for his guys, but he desperatly wants people attention, so he handles all their media meetings by himself and does it terribly to be honest.
                      Good post, very even handed.
                      Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 02-17-2017, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X