Erislandy lara is #1 contender to floyd/canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
    floyd is ducking LARA....

this will be the new saying after the canelo floyd fight just get ready for it
    The only legit case made for "ducking " Floyd or by Floyd is..... by both sides in the Manny-Money debacle.That fight should have been made in early 2011. We sholud appreciate Floyd and Canelo for their greatness and enjoy the biggest fight since he "ducked" De La Hoya. Money is an ATG and Canelo is a young,hungry beast.Wish this fight was tonight !!!

Comment

I don't like Lara. IMO he is a bit over rated. That being said he isn't the number 1 contender but he isn't like one poster suggested not even in the top ten. That top ten was garbage. Lara deserves and has earned a title shot or at least a shot at a big pay day like a Canelo (after he gets severely outboxed by Floyd) or Cotto.

Comment

Floyd beats Lara, it will be boring but Floyd gets the decisions in a close fight, Angulo would give Floyd a tougher fight and be more dangerous for Floyd than Lara.

Angulo has Constant pressure, high stamina, high volume of punches and an iron chin is what gives Floyd trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by marvelousmatt View Post
          Wait a minute is Lara a world champion ??? Did I miss that ?

Trout only fought Canelo...I must have missed him beating Cotto in the Garden then,thought I saw that fight? Trout would embarress Lara.

Lara over Cotto ? wtf am I on ???

Cotto...check his loses.He beat Margarito.Margarito could come home from drinkimg,not having trained in a year, and KTFO Lara ,right now.

Lara got a draw vs Molina where he lost. He was losing to Vanes.
          The fight was awful.He butted Vanes and only got a draw after the 9th round was scored as a partial round.

Molina has wins over :Cintron,Lara,and former WC Spinks.He also has fought Kirkland..we'll never know...fight stopped by moron(maybe Kirk gets the KO,maybe Molina holds on fpr the win)...and fights Ishe Smith in 07/13.

Too much emphasis on this site put on the amateurs. Yes,a great amateur backround is worth lauding but the PRO game is MUCH different than the amateurs where it's slap with the white part of the glove and move. The amateur system of scoring sucked and headgear changes fights.

I would like to see Lara vs Kirkland or Lara vs Trout to make me a bigger believer if he can win vs either.
          Originally posted by SoCal Chicano View Post
          Let me see......he lost to Molina, looked like crap vs Vanes and was on his way to being koed against plodder Angulo but was lucky Angulo was thumbed yet he deserves a shot against the big boys???? Get outta here.....if someone deserves a title shot is Molina not this overhyped bum.

Comment

Originally posted by DosRounds View Post
            It's a sad state of affairs when you come up the hard way and still cannot get a shot. He's beat everyone who they put infront of him, he's faced everyone who was being ducked but still no shot. It makes me sick.

When Mayweather and Canelo fight what's going to happen to the regular WBA belt?
            Lara's interim belt gets upgraded to the Regular, Winner of Floyd/Canelo remains Super champ

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
              last time i checked Lara didnt beat Molina. he was lucky to get a draw.
              Stop the freaking Bs because Molina hug his way to a drwa, his face was all busted up he got hurt in the 8 and 9 round and Lara had a tooth infection and was not even prepared to fight, if you remember the fight got cancel and Molina was a late substitute, then it was almost cancel again because Laras sickness, but the kid got balls and gave the ok to fight anyway, you can bet your a$$ that if Molina win his fight against Ishe he will be defending against Lara, after all the shared the same manager and that is the reason they haven't fight again, De Cubas is not going to blow his money with two of his best fighters at the same time, it is funny how ppl blow 4h1t out of proportion as time passes...

Comment

Originally posted by BendOver View Post
                Stop the freaking Bs because Molina hug his way to a drwa, his face was all busted up he got hurt in the 8 and 9 round and Lara had a tooth infection and was not even prepared to fight, if you remember the fight got cancel and Molina was a late substitute, then it was almost cancel again because Laras sickness, but the kid got balls and gave the ok to fight anyway, you can bet your a$$ that if Molina win his fight against Ishe he will be defending against Lara, after all the shared the same manager and that is the reason they haven't fight again, De Cubas is not going to blow his money with two of his best fighters at the same time, it is funny how ppl blow 4h1t out of proportion as time passes...
                Bias alert, this guy already lost all credibility with this opening sentence while having Richard Abril aka hug hit and hold in his avatar.

You are making excuses for Lara but probably won't agree that Rios was weight drained against Abril?

Why you hate Molina but like Abril who also hugged and held onto Rios?

Comment

it should be canelo vs lara next...and then the winner gets floyd...but canelo gets a shortcut to a big payday and a high profile fight with floyd because he's the love child of oscar and sulaiman.

imo lara is the #2 best jr middleweight behind floyd and canelo is third...

Comment

Lara should fight Cotto next in September.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                      Bias alert, this guy already lost all credibility with this opening sentence while having Richard Abril aka hug hit and hold in his avatar.

You are making excuses for Lara but probably won't agree that Rios was weight drained against Abril?

Why you hate Molina but like Abril who also hugged and held onto Rios?
                      You are wrong, I like Molina and I always root for the underdog, it's easier to be a Yankee fan than a Mets, of course when one of my countryman fight another fighter I root for him because we don't have enough of them, 40 or 50 Cubans fighting World wide in the pro ranks, Rios got his a$$ hand it to him and he was bigger than Abril, his weight was 139 pounds just one shy off the JWW division, the one he just fought twice, and if they fight again he will get schooled again, Abril is a better boxer, good stamina, heck of a chin and you might say he holds when in the inside but that is what he supposed to do, he has long arms, call him what you want he took Rios to school and he didn't learn anything, yes he learn a bunch of excuses just like his stablemate Donaire...

Comment

Working...
                      X