No announcement yet.

Robert says Mikey vs Loma wont happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert says Mikey vs Loma wont happen

Ellie asks about Loma vs Mikey and Robert says Arum wont let Loma fight under Mikey's card even if he could make more money.

This is what and some other posters i seen mentioned before. Loma is ESPN now and Mikey even though is "free agent" don't think he would fight on ESPN.

Might have to be PPV but this will be a hard one to make.

@1:14

Remember when Lomachenko was ducking Walters at 126, apparently?

Or when Lomachenko was avoiding fighting Rigondeaux (even though Rigo didn't accept the fight at 126)? And that the Bobfather would never let Loma fight Rigo? I remember seeing tons of bull**** comments like that, on here and social media.

Or even better, when some said Lomachenko wouldn't fight Linares (yes, there were people claiming that) and Mikey?

I'm confident it will get made, eventually. Beltran is next in August in my opinion, while Mikey fights Easter in July. I'm hoping it's after that, but we'll see?

The only thing stopping this fight, is if Beltran somehow knocks out Lomachenko, or Easter somehow beats Mikey. Both highly unlikely, but hey, crazy **** has happened in boxing. Lomachenko is definitely the kind of guy to push and demand for certain fights, even if Bob doesn't want it, and it seems Bob eventually relents or perhaps he just really believes in Lomachenko as a fighter. Same reason why we got the Walters, Rigondeaux, and Linares fight. Most notably the Rigo fight, especially from the massive amounts of claims that Loma was ducking him.
    Last edited by UNBIASED BOXING; 05-14-2018, 07:44 PM.

Comment

yeah espn is pushing loma hard...hes like their golovkin...only loma is genuine in wanting to face the best....but they are definitley going to try to make him the face of their boxing program

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post

Or when Lomachenko was avoiding fighting Rigondeaux (even though Rigo didn't accept the fight at 126)?

Or even better, when some said Lomachenko wouldn't fight Linares (yes, there were people claiming that) and Mikey?

I'm confident it will get made, eventually. Beltran is next in August in my opinion, while Mikey fights Easter in July.

The only thing stopping this fight, is if Beltran somehow knocks out Lomachenko, or Easter somehow beats Mikey. Both highly unlikely, but hey, crazy **** has happened in boxing.
        Its not about ducking Mikey wants it on his promotions and Loma is contracted for espn.

Comment

I don't believe Mikey wants to fight Loma. The dude always has some bs excuses. Always. He's full of crap.

He'll just say he'd rather fight Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post

Or when Lomachenko was avoiding fighting Rigondeaux (even though Rigo didn't accept the fight at 126)? And that the Bobfather would never let Loma fight Rigo? I remember seeing tons of bull**** comments like that, on here and social media.

I'm confident it will get made, eventually. Beltran is next in August in my opinion, while Mikey fights Easter in July. I'm hoping it's after that, but we'll see?

The only thing stopping this fight, is if Beltran somehow knocks out Lomachenko, or Easter somehow beats Mikey. Both highly unlikely, but hey, crazy **** has happened in boxing. Lomachenko is definitely the kind of guy to push and demand for certain fights, even if Bob doesn't want it, and it seems Bob eventually relents or perhaps he just really believes in Lomachenko as a fighter.
            this is slightly different though...this isnt boxing fans saying " so and so is ducking so and so"...this is robert garcia, in the know, saying he doesnt think it will happen...or be easy

not saying hes 100 percent right...but he has more insight than we do or most fans do

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
              Its not about ducking Mikey wants it on his promotions and Loma is contracted for espn.
              One side is going to relent (I believe Mikey will).

After all, Loma is chasing glory, and Mikey doesn't seem to care who he fights (if he was serious about Cotto, Spence, etc.), so long as he gets paid. A fight with Loma is probably his best paying fight at this point. Can't think of anyone else that can offer him that (besides Pacquiao at 140), unless he moves up to 147.

Comment

Road blocks already coming up.

Well, we'll see. These dudes sound salty though. If Linares had his trainer, he would have won. He didn't push himself, etc. This could get very ugly before they get into the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                  Road blocks already coming up.

Well, we'll see. These dudes sound salty though. If Linares had his trainer, he would have won. He didn't push himself, etc. This could get very ugly before they get into the ring.
                  Mikey picked Rigo then made the excuse he was small and then picked Linares in this fight lol. Credit to Robert he did give Loma props in another video but it looked like it hurt him.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                    Mikey picked Rigo then made the excuse he was small and then picked Linares in this fight lol. Credit to Robert he did give Loma props in another video but it looked like it hurt him.
                    Mikey is a damn good fighter and has a great chance of beating Loma, but yeah. I don't know how much he wants tough opposition. Loma wants the hardest fights without question. Mikey? I'm not so sure of that. Easter doesn't look like a hard fight for him. Broner didn't look like a hard fight. Lipinets didn't look 50/50 going in. If Mikey wants to be great, he's got to fight those 50/50 fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X