No announcement yet.

Re: Mikey hasn't fought anyone great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mikey hasn't fought anyone great

What great fighter did he have an opportunity to fight and passed on? Am i missing something here?

why did he go after the weakest titlist at 140 to begin with? a guy with 12 pro fights and no am experience.

Comment

where is this sudden hate for mikey coming from? seriously. not so long ago this was the guy that was gonna put lomachenko to sleep and now he is overrated, all hype, what went wrong?

Comment

Word on the street is that he ducked Gamboa way back when, before Gamboa was inactive and stopped caring about his career. I don't know if that's true, nor do I know if Gamboa can be considered "great".

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          Word on the street is that he ducked Gamboa way back when, before Gamboa was inactive and stopped caring about his career. I don't know if that's true, nor do I know if Gamboa can be considered "great".
          Word on the street? Foh lmao...

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
            Word on the street? Foh lmao...
            It's just an expression. Have a coffee and a crap.

Comment

terence crawford. gamboa. lomenchenko. thurman. porter. easter. linares. etc.

who didn't he fight any of those names?
              Last edited by HeadShots; 03-12-2018, 09:39 AM.

Comment

I don't understand what those two things got to do with each other.

Mikey hasn't fought anyone great

What great fighter did he have an opportunity to fight and passed on? Am i missing something here?
                If Mikey hasn't fought anyone great that doesn't mean he did or didn't pass on some great fighter necessarily.

I think the thread title criticism comes from Mikey continually having big names in his mouth (Loma, Spence, Cotto, Linares, etc) & he fights Sergey Lipinets or phoning it in since the Maidana fight Adrien Broner.

When you keep mentioning big names that you never sign to fight (your fault, there fault, who knows who's fault don't matter) some people are gonna steer towards this type of opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                  where is this sudden hate for mikey coming from? seriously. not so long ago this was the guy that was gonna put lomachenko to sleep and now he is overrated, all hype, what went wrong?
                  I'm trying to figure that out. Apparently Mikey has ducked every great fighter from Chocolatito to GGG

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    word in the underground tunnel.

Comment

Working...
                    X