No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pavlik: I Would Rather Have Fought Froch Than Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
    106-107 going into their 12th round that's 7-4 or 8-3 . That's a pretty good lead. Give froch the last round if Jermain would had just clitched it would had been 7-5. That's a walk in my book. Taylor had the first 4-5 rounds.
    7-5 is not a walk.

And one judge had Froch ahead.

Even if Taylor got up from the second KD in the 12th and survived the 12th he would have lost on the cards with the two KD's in the 12th.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
      Plenty of people would have said Joe ducked Jones. You know what people are like. If he took on Pavlik at Lightheavy, not many people would have given credit for it. They would have said the weight was too much and the win means nothing. You know they would. You spend enough time on here to understand.
      No they wouldn't have because no one wanted to see him fight Roy Jones' corpse.

It would have been what it was Pavlik was a Middleweight for a Light heavyweight but it still would have been one of his best wins as embarrassing as that is to say.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        7-5 is not a walk.

Even if Taylor got up from the second KD in the 12th and survived the 12th he would have lost on the cards with the two KD's in the 12th.
        no taylor would have won even if knocked down twice or taken a knee. remember taylor had his own 10-8 round so he would have won by one point if the fight finished 7-5 taylor. which turns 115-113 taylor into 113-112 taylor when factoring in the knockdowns. yes he should have clinched it up like ward but he was also dead tired so its kind of silly to say. and yes he should have took a knee but he was also concussed and wobbly so its kind of hard to think of that. also he didnt konw the scorecards anyway.

Comment

Plenty of people would have said Joe ducked Jones. You know what people are like. If he took on Pavlik at Lightheavy, not many people would have given credit for it. They would have said the weight was too much and the win means nothing. You know they would. You spend enough time on here to understand.
          roy jones was not a relevant fighter. he was not even in the top 10. who would say this? its like saying canelo had to fight mosley or he would be ducking...hbo misinterpreted the trinidad-jones numbers and ok'd the fight but those numbers were mainly for trinidad not jones. trinidad's comeback generated a lot of interest. jones was selling 700 tickets against prince badi ajamu. it was a widely panned fight even before it took place. it bombed as expected. several hbo execs killed themselves

Comment

Yeah, you don't know hoe to score a fight. Only the Mexicans are worse than Americans. Give it up.
            You sound ignorant AF. The funniest thing I don't care about your opinion. Tayor was at least two ahead of froch.

Comment

7-5 is not a walk.

So what, the judge's also had Bradly beating Manny in their first fight. And one judge scored it for canelo vs Mayweather. You are legit telling me you had Froch ahead in that fight? Yes it is a walk. It's simple math aka the boxers way to win a fight. Once you already banked 7 rounds the fight is over. basically all you have to do is walk it home. Floyd does it , ward does it , Lara used to do. Actually a lot of Cubans do it. Winky to a degree. Oscar used to do it until he got robbed in that Trinidad fight. It's a risky way to do it Cuz you gotta know for a fact you truly had those rounds in your bag. Judges are human and we all got different views. I think Lamont Peterson did enough to beat Danny. But at the same time he was coasting early and finished strong by then Danny banked the round. He just had to walk it out (survive). My main point was Taylor had poor defense and never learned survival skills in the ring . But he had a good job tho.
              Last edited by Removed Now; 06-19-2018, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
                So what, the judge's also had Bradly beating Manny in their first fight. And one judge scored it for canelo vs Mayweather. You are legit telling me you had Froch ahead in that fight? Yes it is a walk. It's simple math aka the boxers way to win a fight. Once you already banked 7 rounds the fight is over. basically all you have to do is walk it home. Floyd does it , ward does it , Lara used to do. Actually a lot of Cubans do it. Winky to a degree. Oscar used to do it until he got robbed in that Trinidad fight. It's a risky way to do it Cuz you gotta know for a fact you truly had those rounds in your bag. Judges are human and we all got different views. I think Lamont Peterson did enough to beat Danny. But at the same time he was coasting early and finished strong by then Danny banked the round. He just had to walk it out (survive). My main point was Taylor had poor defense and never learned survival skills in the ring . But he had a good job tho.
                I had Taylor ahead but it wasn't that wide going into the 12th.

If you lose 5 rounds that's not a walk.

You could easily argue he lost 6 which would mean soley the KD would have him winning.

That's not a walk.

The fight as competitive Taylor started strong and Froch came back to win alot of the rounds in the second half.

Taylor didn't dominate the fight in any way.

Comment

I had Taylor ahead but it wasn't that wide going into the 12th.

If you lose 5 rounds that's not a walk.

You could easily argue he lost 6 which would mean soley the KD would have him winning.

That's not a walk.

The fight as competitive Taylor started strong and Froch came back to win alot of the rounds in the second half.

Taylor didn't dominate the fight in any way.
                  You are not losing the rounds you are giving it away. Once you win 7 rounds the fight is over mathematically unless you get dropped. 7/12 rounds it's over. You basically are walking it out. Taylor had his own 10-8 also. I had him ahead on the cards by two rounds. Two judges had it 106 for Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
                    They wouldn't have.

Roy was irrelevant at that point and Joe had already said that a fight with him was pointless, as he'd been shot since 2004.

A fight with Pavlik would have been at a C-W like the one against Bernard.

The whole situation with Pavlik was bizarre. Pavlik wanted the fight, but Joe dismissed it by saying that Pavlik didn't excite him and he'd done nothing to warrant a fight. Yet he then claimed that he'd tried to fight Pavlik straight after he'd beaten Lacy in 2006. Yet at that stage, Pavkik was only a NABF title holder and unknown.

So: He wouldn't fight him when it would have been a big, relevant fight in 2008/2009, yet he wanted to fight him when he was unknown in 2006?

He hadn't done anything to warrant a fight with him, yet a near 40 year old version of Roy had?

Joe should really have fought Pavlik instead. Bernard received huge credit for his win over him.
                    When the fight was signed it was 60/40 in favour of Calzaghe to win. Plenty of people thought Jones would win the fight. Lennox and Hopkins being two of them. Plenty of people on forums picked Jones. So stop trying to rewrite history.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      roy jones was not a relevant fighter. he was not even in the top 10. who would say this? its like saying canelo had to fight mosley or he would be ducking...hbo misinterpreted the trinidad-jones numbers and ok'd the fight but those numbers were mainly for trinidad not jones. trinidad's comeback generated a lot of interest. jones was selling 700 tickets against prince badi ajamu. it was a widely panned fight even before it took place. it bombed as expected. several hbo execs killed themselves
                      If Jones wasn't a relevant fighter why did so many pick him to win? It was about 60/40 in favour of Calzaghe to win. Hopkins and Lennox were two people who picked Jones to win as well. I remember the forums well at the time. I was shocked at how many actually thought Jones was going to win. To say it was otherwise, is just trying to rewrite history.

Comment

Working...
                      X