No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Mayweather vs Cotto..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Panopticon

Floyd won the fight but Cotto put hurt on him almost every round. Even if he struggled from time to time I still think its one of Floyd's best performances, because he was forced to bring the A game.
    This is a Green K worth post right here Gents, Im on my phone so I cant right now but will do so soon!

You are absolutley right. It was a masterful performance only because King Cotto brought the best in Floyd.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Imagine Cotto vs Guerrero. Cotto by 8th round KO.
      Cotto gave him a hell of a fight. He should have a rematch if he beats SM @ 160(catchweight since Cotto said 160 is too much). Work on stamina & defence

Comment

Originally posted by PorterIsFuture
        Imagine Cotto vs Guerrero. Cotto by 8th round KO.
        Cotto gave him a hell of a fight. He should have a rematch if he beats SM @ 160(catchweight since Cotto said 160 is too much). Work on stamina & defence
        Correct!

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
          Correct!

Cotto fights any and everyone..no excuses

Comment

I didn't realize Showtime has the rights to that fight and had/has their own commentators. I just watched a minute or so of the first round and yea, I can already tell it was gonna be a Floyd cock-gobbling fest

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              I always try to explain the competitive, but not close thing whenever people get mad about my scores for this fight. Cotto did not come close to winning. This was no 8-4 or 7-5 fight. Cotto was in every round, but in the large majority of them he was losing.

It doesn't mean Cotto got dominated, and I'm not saying he didn't fight a hell of a fight. I was actually quite impressed with how Cotto fought. He was just not good enough to pull more than 2 or 3 rounds.
              This sums it up beautifully. Its interesting that there seems to be a distinct possability that two broadcasts of this same fight exist with different biases! Cotto was indeed competative. He showed that he is a live dog who belongs in the ring with Floyd and actually....I might pick him to do better in a rematch IF we could set the clock back!

What people do not realize about the often brooding, verbally tight Miguel Cotto is that behind that crinkled brow and frown is a CPU the equal of Mayweather's. When Cotto fought Mosley everyone lambasted him for switching to a boxing style the last rounds, but Cotto has known and adapted to fixing his weaknesses for a while now.

Cotto came into the sport, perhaps more technically sound than he got credit for, but lacking in certain areas. Over the years he fixed these foibles and what we saw during the Mayweather fight was a guy with very few weaknesses for Floyd to pick apart.

having said all that Floyd won...he took the rounds. But Cotto caused Floyd to make some adjustments...Foyd was not happy that he could be pressed and hit as Cotto did in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                your boy got rolled bitch, deal with it :laugh:
                he bloodied Floyd's nose, that's all
                Floyd's aged and lost a step, it showed in that fight
                slowpoke Cotto had no business landing any combos on Floyd
                2-3 rds he got him on the ropes and flurried, whoopty doo
                Cotto's shot and Floyd doesn't owe him a rematch
                and if Cotto beats Martinez, it's only because Martinez was shot worse
                You is mad. It be verrrrry obvious

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                  I didn't realize Showtime has the rights to that fight and had/has their own commentators. I just watched a minute or so of the first round and yea, I can already tell it was gonna be a Floyd cock-gobbling fest
                  They just bought the rights to the international English broadcast of it...the one that everyone else in English speaking countries gets, everywhere HBO & SHO can't do PPV. They didn't go back & put commentary on it after the fight was over.

Usually Bob Sheridan works those.

Last edited by 22k; 04-27-2014, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X