Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marquez Does not have place in ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dodgy at best? Barrera was lucky to have only had one point taken off. 95% of people get disqualified immediately for an intentional foul that blatant.

People need to rewatch it anyway. It was a close, but very clear win for Marquez. The fan favourite was Barrera, at that point, who hadn't lost one fight since the Pac fight, and had just come off wins over Juarez, Peden and Morales over the last few years.

People wanted Barrera to win, and HBO were so bias it was disgraceful. The better work overall was done by Juan easily. However, Barrera would flurry and try to take the last 30 seconds and HBO would go nuts about it. It's one of those silly fights that people take completely out of context and miss a lot in because of absurd commentary and fan favouritism.

Marquez won. Turn the nuthugging sound off and watch the whole fight properly, not the last 30 seconds of each round.
    Fair enough if thats your opinion but statistically Barrera threw and landed more punches. He scored the only knockdown and Marquez was the more marked up facially after the fight and yet the judges gave it to Marquez by landslide scores.
    It was a close fight so the injustice is in the scoring IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by G22 View Post
      Fair enough if thats your opinion but statistically Barrera threw and landed more punches. He scored the only knockdown and Marquez was the more marked up facially after the fight and yet the judges gave it to Marquez by landslide scores.
      It was a close fight so the injustice is in the scoring IMO.
      Well if you want to go down that route, Marquez outlanded Barrera with power shots in 8 of the 12 rounds. He threw more power shots, landed more power shots and at a higher %. Do jabs or power shots score more? The massive majority of Barrera punch stats come from his jabs.

Barrera outjabbed Marquez in 9 of 12 rounds. Marquez landed more power shots in 8 of 12. Which do you take? The jab was Barrera's entire game, and it made him look like he was doing more than he ever was. He threw nearly 400 jabs all up, 150 or so more than Marquez, and about 350 power shots, while Marquez threw nearly 100 more power shots, a bit over 450 all up.

In pro boxing, when it comes to the crunch, power is what counts. You land more power punches, throw more power punches and land at a higher %, you beat the other guy no matter how many jabs he throws.

People exaggerate it now. I love how history gets revised and it's not a close Marquez win anymore, but a robbery of Barrera today. The same people will argue black and blue that Pac beat Marquez 3 times and that's the official verdict. The Marquez win, at least at the time, was clearer than any of the Pac fights.
      Last edited by BennyST; 01-22-2013, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        What a horrible post. The OP must be a Pac tard.
        If that's true he's a ******ed one.

He's denigrating one of Pacquiao's best 'wins'.

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
          Do you think Floyd deserves a spot as an ATG?
          so you thought TS was a Floyd fan?!?

Comment

People exaggerate it now. I love how history gets revised and it's not a close Marquez win anymore, but a robbery of Barrera today. The same people will argue black and blue that Pac beat Marquez 3 times and that's the official verdict. The Marquez win, at least at the time, was clearer than any of the Pac fights.
            Not really because I think the Barrera - Marquez fight was close and yet I think the Pac vs Marquez 1,2 and 3 all went to Marquez. Styles make fights. Marquez was able to Pac and appeared to have his number in the 1st 3 fights IMO. Washed up Barrera seemed to cause Marquez different problems.

Comment

Originally posted by G22 View Post
              Not really because I think the Barrera - Marquez fight was close and yet I think the Pac vs Marquez 1,2 and 3 all went to Marquez. Styles make fights. Marquez was able to Pac and appeared to have his number in the 1st 3 fights IMO. Washed up Barrera seemed to cause Marquez different problems.
              Yeah, very different fights. I still see it as a clear win though.

Comment

Yeah, very different fights. I still see it as a clear win though.
                Imo the Barrera - Marquez fight was closer than Pac - Marquez 3 which I scored wide for Marquez.

The other point I want to make is that when Barrera hit Marquez when he was down he had teh knockdown not ruled and point deduction. When Pac hit Marquez when he was down ( 3rd knockdown of the 1st fight, Marquez glove on canvas just as it was vs Barrera ) they gave it to Pac 10-7 and one judge got in trouble for not scoring it 10-6.

Point is was Barrera punished twice for that foul by not having a KD rewarded along with his point deduction. I dont think Pac got a warning for the same indiscretion.

Comment

Yes he does, and a high place. If he is not an all time great then no one else is an all time great either. Of course Marquez is an all time great.

Comment

Hey TS:

Comment

Lets get our alts out and bad mouth juan

Comment

Working...
                      X