Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any here try glucosamine for joint health and repair??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any here try glucosamine for joint health and repair??

ive been using it for a while now, kinda expensive $40 a pop, i use a brand called flexicose its liquid form, any1 use this??? what are your thoughts, is it worth it , or a waste of money??? any other products on the market?

Glucosamine/Chondroitin /MSM type Joint Supplements do work, however they take a long time to kick in and take effect, you'll likely have to go through an entire container before you feel any benefit at all.

I'd actually recommend looking into cissus quadrangularis. I highly recommend it. Not only does it work faster but I've found it to work better.

My joints are put under quite a bit of stress being that I train with a lot of heavy weights and do a lot of heavy pressing movements. I used to get HORRIBLE pain in my elbows and it's virtually gone when I take this ****. It's a little on the expensive side, but it's well worth it.

Comment

I find that fish oil helps with my joint pain.

Comment

Originally posted by bcfc View Post
        ive been using it for a while now, kinda expensive $40 a pop, i use a brand called flexicose its liquid form, any1 use this??? what are your thoughts, is it worth it , or a waste of money??? any other products on the market?

Recently there was a trial done with glucosamine and there was no scientific evidence at all that it actually helped building cartlidge back up in your joints.

It was said to be a complete waste of money.

But on the other hand a lot of people swear by it.

Comment

well i used it for a while and i think it helped. the pain definatly got a bit better and i probably didnt try it for long enough. i get a months suply for £15 but i dont know if it is a great brand. lamberts. anyways there are some realy good / expensive joint supps out there that contain the lot. glucosamins, cissus, everything if you realy want to get rid of pain.

Comment

I used to take all sorts of supplements, includin glucosamine/chondroitin and have come to the conclusion about the only worthwhile supplement is protein for post workout to prevent catabolism when running lean on body fat...to not lose muscle. Most of the rest are seriously pointless. I was talking to a pharmacist about 1 1/2 years ago and had an armful of stuff ready to buy, again, and he item for item laughed off (with reasons) the waste of money I was about to purchase. And it was HIS pharmacy. lol

Comment

Working...
            X