Lol UFC forums saying boxing got it wrong

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJ Enerate View Post
    Nah.

I suggest you watch the first Duran vs Pazienza fight. Duran was unlucky not to get the win in that one. Pazienza would also beat the crap out of McGregor by the way .
    I watched them both. Duran was a shell of himself by that time and was eating punches way too easily. He would have been dropped by that uppercut 100%

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      I watched them both. Duran was a shell of himself by that time and was eating punches way too easily. He would have been dropped by that uppercut 100%
      The shell of Duran arguably beat Paz in their first fight. This is fact.

And the uppercut Mcgregor landed on Floyd wouldnt event dent Duran in the slightest. In fact the only reaction it would receive from Duran is a sneer of contempt. lol. Duran had an iron jaw. Barkley nearly spun Duran 360 with a shot and he came back firing like it wasnt ****. The only guy to ever badly beat up and ko Roberto was Tommy Hearns but he was an absolute freak in his absolute prime. He also landed the best shot he'd ever thrown that night. Mayweather has came out and said Mcgregor can't punch worth **** but you think that uppercut he landed on Floyd would drop the 40 year old iron jawed Duran of the 90's. I'm talking the 40 year old version of Duran that Comacho and Paz struggled to beat never mind drop. Your insane to think that shot drops Roberto. It wouldn't trouble him in the slightest.
      Last edited by DJ Enerate; 08-27-2017, 11:44 AM.

Comment

The shell of Duran arguably beat Paz in their first fight. This is fact.

And the uppercut Mcgregor landed on Floyd wouldnt event dent Duran in the slightest. In fact the only reaction it would receive from Duran is a sneer of contempt. lol. Duran had an iron jaw. Barkley nearly spun Duran 360 with a shot and he came back firing like it wasnt ****. The only guy to ever badly beat up and ko Roberto was Tommy Hearns but he was an absolute freak in his absolute prime. He also landed the best shot he'd ever thrown that night. Mayweather has came out and said Mcgregor can't punch worth **** but you think that uppercut he landed on Floyd would drop the 40 year old iron jawed Duran of the 90's. I'm talking the 40 year old version of Duran that Comacho and Paz struggled to beat never mind drop. Your insane.
        We'll agree to disagree.

McGregor's uppercut would have dropped most, as even the Showtime commentators agreed. That's what I know.

Duran was easily handled by Paz in the second fight and frankly, I'm not so convinced he clearly won the first. That's my opinion. But I give him a pass due to his age.

Comment

Originally posted by penontock View Post
          I wonder what the odds were on McGregor winning a round or more, because I figure Floyd bet on that. In my opinion Floyd gave up the first three -- didn't use his jab and hardly threw at all. It was awkward and rather embarrassing watching a 40 year old legend walk down a MMA fighter with no snap to his punches yet who talked all kinds of stupid **** about how easy it would be. I figure Floyd will regret carrying him because the dude just wouldn't be humble in defeat and kept yapping
          Lol... good point.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            We'll agree to disagree.

McGregor's uppercut would have dropped most, as even the Showtime commentators agreed. That's what I know.

Duran was easily handled by Paz in the second fight and frankly, I'm not so convinced he clearly won the first. That's my opinion. But I give him a pass due to his age.
            That Mcgregor uppercut would not have dropped Duran. It just wouldn't have. No ****ing way. If it's not dropping Floyd it ain't dropping Roberto.

The first Duran - Paz fight was close but Paz won the second fight in a tough contest. Did Paz drop or hurt Duran at any time during both fights ? Any punches you seen that landed on Duran from Paz that leads you to believe the uppercut Mcgregor landed on Floyd would drop Duran ? On the other hand 40 year old Duran dropped Paz on his pants.

Mcgregor dropping Roberto Duran is a highly amusing thought by the way. It just would not happen at all.

Comment

Watch the fight again. Mayweather did nothing for 2 rounds and then when he wanted to he destroyed McGregor and walked him down. He absolutely made Conor run every round after the 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
                Sore losers? No it's sore winners in the boxing side. Their guy won yet they can't bring themselves to admit that Conor shocked everybody by being so competitive and winning so many rounds on his debut. Again, they won yet they also have to tell themselves that whatever success Conor had in the fight was because Floyd "allowed it".
                The new excuse. Floyd allowed it lmao

Comment

Originally posted by HAMMER77777 View Post
                  Floyd Destroyed him. What else could u want? If not for the ref, he would have been out on a stretcher!
                  Fatigue destroyed him.

Comment

McGregor was winning the fight, no doubt about it. He is the toughest opponent floyd has had, a 0-0 fighter making his pro debut. He landed more shots on floyd in 10 rounds than his last 10 opponents did in 12.

Comment

No, Floyd destroyed him late. He clearly had a game plan to tire him out before he walked him down. Floyd actually made MMA fans think their stand up guys can compete with world class boxers due to him letting Conor give him work early.

A 40 year old Duran would have savaged Mcgregor very early and it's not even debatable. He would've silenced those MMA fans big time not giving them any kind of illusions that their best can compete in boxing at boxing at all. Floyd unfortunately has and it's not a surprising.
                      Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
                      Yup, glorious, for a 2 year retired, smaller fighter.
                      Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      Floyd who is NOT a big puncher and hasn't had a KO in forever not only knocked that bum out but had him running from Floyd like a bytch for half the fight. So I don't want to hear shyt from these dumb azzz UFC fans. They learned the difference between being a good striker in MMA and boxing. This so called great striker Floyd had so little respect for that he didn't even use his defense instead stalked, brawled and chased this h0e around because he wasn't worried about his power or anything Mcgregor had. He's a joke and so are his fans who are crying today. Stay in your lane and get your azzz back in a cage and out of boxing.
                      The right guy Won.
                      Thats all that matters.

Comment

Working...
                      X