No announcement yet.

Cleto Reyes..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleto Reyes..

I need to buy some new boxing gloves for an upcoming match I have next week. I need some 10oz for the bout and 12oz for sparring (a low life stole both pairs in my gym) Does anyone know a reliable website where they sell CLETO REYES gloves in yellow (yes in yellow I'm superstitious about the color) or better yet a actual store that carries them In the Dallas, TX area..

Only Cleto Reyes Brand

Originally posted by XxLeftHook_ View Post
    I need to buy some new boxing gloves for an upcoming match I have next week. I need some 10oz for the bout and 12oz for sparring (a low life stole both pairs in my gym) Does anyone know a reliable website where they sell CLETO REYES gloves in yellow (yes in yellow I'm superstitious about the color) or better yet a actual store that carries them In the Dallas, TX area..

Only Cleto Reyes Brand
    What?? You a pro or something? Why are you sparring in 12oz and so close to the fight? You doing all out sparring or defensive drills? I get all my gear from ringside.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiegelo View Post
      What?? You a pro or something? Why are you sparring in 12oz and so close to the fight? You doing all out sparring or defensive drills? I get all my gear from ringside.com.
      What's up my black friend! noo not a pro **** I wish lol Idk my coach likes for us to spar with 12oz gloves, and everything is happening fast due to a miscommunication we thought the match was for next month so I have a week to get ready, my cardio is good I run 5 miles every day but defense is a little rusty ( reflexes are too slow )
      I'll check that site out

Comment

well you cant use cleto reyes gloves in the amateurs. you need gloves with a white fist area in the front if youre in the amateurs

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
          well you cant use cleto reyes gloves in the amateurs. you need gloves with a white fist area in the front if youre in the amateurs
          Are you sure? Mostly every one that I've seen uses solid colors blue and black and for some reason they use Ringside brand

Comment

Try this website gupohamd.com

Comment

im 100% sure, i guess you were watching exhibition fights maybe? they werent official amateur bouts though. in the amateurs like i said you need a white fist area, also theres only 2 colors (corners), red and blue. so you cant really show up with yellow gloves either, they have to be either blue or red, they are very strict about everything (AIBA / USA BOXING). cleto reyes does have some amateur/olympic gloves but i dont think theyre worth the money. check out this site, those are competition gloves:

http://www.boundboxing.com/amateur-boxing-gloves.html

the cleto reyes description says:
              Made of real cowhide leather, and also has the white pigmented area required by AIBA
              the same thing goes for the headgear basically (open face only, blue or red). so you cant show up with a custom winning fg 2900 or something like that

hope this helped save you some cash

Comment

correction grupohamd.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
                  im 100% sure, i guess you were watching exhibition fights maybe? they werent official amateur bouts though. in the amateurs like i said you need a white fist area, also theres only 2 colors (corners), red and blue. so you cant really show up with yellow gloves either, they have to be either blue or red, they are very strict about everything (AIBA / USA BOXING). cleto reyes does have some amateur/olympic gloves but i dont think theyre worth the money. check out this site, those are competition gloves:

http://www.boundboxing.com/amateur-boxing-gloves.html

the cleto reyes description says:

the same thing goes for the headgear basically (open face only, blue or red). so you cant show up with a custom winning fg 2900 or something like that

hope this helped save you some cash
                  Nah that's not the case anymore. The NY Golden Gloves used solid colors this year for the first time that I've ever seen, and a couple tournaments use solids as well. Either way I've never heard of a tournament making everyone bring in their own gloves. Even the Reyes tournaments usually provide you w gloves and deck you out with their gear if you win. I don't know about your coach dude.. I spar in 18s, 16's if it's someone not from my gym. Even in Philly, which is famous for "gym wars" and sparring that gets way too rough, 12s are not common. Bad for your hands, bad for your face.

Comment

i checked some 2011 golden loves vids on youtube and they're all wearing the gloves with the white fist so im not sure what you mean. youre required to wear these, it says it in the rulebook, you should read it first, has nothing to do with my coach.

but thats not really the point, even if youre allowed to compete with all black or blue gloves, that doesnt mean youre allowed to use reyes pro fight gloves in the amateurs. and i never said you have to bring your own gear, not sure where you got that from.

Comment

Working...
                    X