Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

View Poll Results: WHICH OPTIONAL FIGHTS WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE IN THE PICK EM FOR MARCH?
Kurbanov vs Illiev 4 20.00%
Kownacki vs Helenius 13 65.00%
Culcay vs Mwakinyo 8 40.00%
Ortiz vs Vargas 10 50.00%
Nery vs Alameda 11 55.00%
Other (specify in thread) 2 10.00%
None of the above 2 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2020, 05:33 AM #1
Interim Champion

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
PICK EM CREW has a reputation beyond reputePICK EM CREW has a reputation beyond reputePICK EM CREW has a reputation beyond reputePICK EM CREW has a reputation beyond reputePICK EM CREW has a reputation beyond reputePICK EM CREW has a reputation beyond reputePICK EM CREW has a reputation beyond reputePICK EM CREW has a reputation beyond reputePICK EM CREW has a reputation beyond reputePICK EM CREW has a reputation beyond reputePICK EM CREW has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,348.85
Total Points: 50,974.31
Default Nsb pick em 2020: Upcoming pick ems: March

Okay gentlemen it's that time of the month again - we're looking ahead to March and seeing which fights are going to be in the Pick Em over the next few weeks. Following the usual format there will be a few shoo-ins - fights that are of high enough profile or competitive enough that it ain't really necessary to consult over, and others which we will canvass opinion on to see whether most players want to see 'em in the game.

Following the established format I will list potential PICK EM fights below with the fights that will definitely be in shown in BOLD BLACK font and the fights that we will be polling in BOLD RED font... ermm... and if anyone does have genuine visual problems that might make that confusing just let me know and I reckon we can figure something out.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

The polled fights will be included on the PICK EM if they get 50% or more of the players votes - changed slightly from the majority required in the feburary upoming poll. The poll is public (to ensure only votes cast by PICK EM players are counted) and MULTIPLE CHOICE... so make sure you vote for all the fights you want in or vote for NONE OF THE ABOVE if such is your choice.

03/07

Kurbanov vs Illiev

Quigg vs Carroll

Johnson vs Mikhalkin

Kownacki vs Helenius

03/14

Stevenson vs Marriaga

03/21

Culcay vs Mwakinyo

Dorticos vs Breidis

03/28

Avanesyan vs Kelly

Beterbiev vs Meng

Ortiz vs Vargas

Nery vs Alameda

As we can see there ain't a huge amount at the top level next month and of the two that are one is most likely a deep mismatch (Beterbiev vs Meng). The only reall AAA match up is the long awaited WBSS Season 2 Cruiser final between Breidis and Dorticos.

I've tried to ensure that we got at least one fight on each week and outside of the major title fights have included by default only a couple of fights where the bookies odds - or my estimation - suggest a passably competitve fight (Kelly vs Avanesyan, Johnson vs Mikhalkhin and Quigg vs Jono).

Okay gentlemen - it's voting time. Please make your feelings known to ensure you're getting the kinda fights you want to see in the game... and of course, if there's any compelling fights that I missed or you particularly want to see in, make sure you post and let me know in the thread below.

Regards, and thanks for your patience.

Koba

-MEGA-, BostonGuy, TBear, jaded, LoadedWraps, bigjavi973

Sticky me please and it'd be appreciated if you could also remove last month's UPCOMING thread.

K

Last edited by PICK EM CREW; 02-26-2020 at 05:37 AM.
PICK EM CREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 05:44 AM #2
Interim Champion

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
PICK EM CREW has a reputation beyond reputePICK EM CREW has a reputation beyond reputePICK EM CREW has a reputation beyond reputePICK EM CREW has a reputation beyond reputePICK EM CREW has a reputation beyond reputePICK EM CREW has a reputation beyond reputePICK EM CREW has a reputation beyond reputePICK EM CREW has a reputation beyond reputePICK EM CREW has a reputation beyond reputePICK EM CREW has a reputation beyond reputePICK EM CREW has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,348.85
Total Points: 50,974.31

Apologies to any players who've joined since the shoutout list was made, or to any players who have elected to leave. Just let me know in the thread below if you either want on - or off - the list.

DuckAdonis
HBX3
Ganondorf
RJJ
Shane Sr
NORMNEALON
BigZ
Redd Foxx
TBear
Pandas
SceneBoxer
Mammoth
ArticulateBoxin
Jpowell
'Roll
Deontay Wilder
Justintimothyko
SilverMiles
BLASTER1
Idunnoshet
mlac
Frankie Clutch
Gideon lock
Cauli Ears
NC Uppercut
YoungManRumble
ruedboy
otrocubiche
BlakBread
Chrismart
FinitoX
Szef
shepperino
TheMyspaceDayz
asgarth
MulaKO
Pittsburgh_Kid
Baltimore
KoolKC
mathed
BobLoblaw
SUBZER0ED
b morph
kushking
Damn Wicked

K
PICK EM CREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 09:34 AM #3
Laughter for the people!

Quoted: 4797 Post(s)
Citizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,246,116.86
Total Points: 2,295,237.31
No Message - MDPopescu giving gifts to legends - sugarsmosley to wipe the tears when bhop beats kovalev - jas knows his boxing - jas a good poster - jas 
Congrats on the newborn! - -KULT- Happy Father's Day, and congrats! :D - DionysusX Congrats! - MDPopescu Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Cheers bro - Chollo Vista 
Let's go champ! - HeadBodyBodyBody 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - 1hourRun 

Bumping for the people!
Citizen Koba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 05:49 PM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3981 Post(s)
RJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,622.21
Total Points: 140,260.34
Cheers, brother - Tony Trick-Pony No Message - !a! No Message - !a! No Message - !a! suck on this too ya dumb f@ck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Boxing Goat 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - 1hourRun 

You’ve probably got it covered tbh man. I’m good with any fight being in pick em but none of those red ones are that interesting IMO.
RJJ-94-02=GOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 05:59 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6692 Post(s)
FinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,454.09
Total Points: 240,476.53
You racist piece of 5hit - Mr McDowell No Message - -jose- This guy is a fag - Turd Best Ever Faggot bitch!! - Turd Best Ever FagnitoxDinaputo is a Faggot CUCK!! - Turd Best Ever 
fake bitch - !a! no one believes your tough guy act pussy boy - !a! you talk garbage, no one believes you fool LOL - !a! LOL fake bitch - !a! You're not fooling anyone you pussy - !a! 
yawn - !a! Tough guy LOL - !a! 

This is really a non issue. Listing fights was my specialty in the IvyLeague.

Variety is what’s missing in this league imo.

I should be in charge of listing fights but whatever.
FinitoxDinamita is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 06:03 PM #6
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3981 Post(s)
RJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,622.21
Total Points: 140,260.34
Cheers, brother - Tony Trick-Pony No Message - !a! No Message - !a! No Message - !a! suck on this too ya dumb f@ck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Boxing Goat 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - 1hourRun 

Luther Clay vs Chris Kongo is a 50/50 fight. It’s on the Kelly-Avanesyan undercard I think.
RJJ-94-02=GOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 06:29 PM #7
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6692 Post(s)
FinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond reputeFinitoxDinamita has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,454.09
Total Points: 240,476.53
You racist piece of 5hit - Mr McDowell No Message - -jose- This guy is a fag - Turd Best Ever Faggot bitch!! - Turd Best Ever FagnitoxDinaputo is a Faggot CUCK!! - Turd Best Ever 
fake bitch - !a! no one believes your tough guy act pussy boy - !a! you talk garbage, no one believes you fool LOL - !a! LOL fake bitch - !a! You're not fooling anyone you pussy - !a! 
yawn - !a! Tough guy LOL - !a! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
Luther Clay vs Chris Kongo is a 50/50 fight. It’s on the Kelly-Avanesyan undercard I think.
See that’s a quality matchup but those type of obscure matchups are foreign to alot of
“Boxing fans” ....

There are many quality fights that gets ignored every week and im not ok with that.

From 105-200+, there should be all kinds of fights and from all countries.

If you look into it, there are several fights all over the world weekly and im talking about quality matchups.
FinitoxDinamita is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 06:52 PM #8
Laughter for the people!

Citizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond reputeCitizen Koba has a reputation beyond repute
No Message - MDPopescu giving gifts to legends - sugarsmosley to wipe the tears when bhop beats kovalev - jas knows his boxing - jas a good poster - jas 
Congrats on the newborn! - -KULT- Happy Father's Day, and congrats! :D - DionysusX Congrats! - MDPopescu Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Cheers bro - Chollo Vista 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
This is really a non issue. Listing fights was my specialty in the IvyLeague.

Variety is what’s missing in this league imo.

I should be in charge of listing fights but whatever.
I wouldn't get that far ahead of yourself just yet, man, most of the feedback we got is that most of the players are fairly happy with the way things are - at least in terms of level of fights and frequency, however I am interested in maybe looking at more competitive match-ups even if we're looking a bit further down the rankings.

You - or anyone else - thinking you got a talent for sniffing out good fights that might go well in the game and I'd invite you to post your lists here or PM me if you choose... I absolutely ain't gonna commit to putting all (or even any) of 'em in the game but I'm always on the lookout for new input and ideas. So how about it? Maybe come up with a list of the kinda fights you got in mind for next month and post it here... see what the other players think and maybe make the case for changing the selection criteria a bit.
Old 02-26-2020, 08:48 PM #9
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
NC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond reputeNC Uppercut has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,551.01
Total Points: 39,905.78
No Message - HeadBodyBodyBody 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PICK EM CREW View Post
Okay gentlemen it's that time of the month again - we're looking ahead to March and seeing which fights are going to be in the Pick Em over the next few weeks. Following the usual format there will be a few shoo-ins - fights that are of high enough profile or competitive enough that it ain't really necessary to consult over, and others which we will canvass opinion on to see whether most players want to see 'em in the game.

Following the established format I will list potential PICK EM fights below with the fights that will definitely be in shown in BOLD BLACK font and the fights that we will be polling in BOLD RED font... ermm... and if anyone does have genuine visual problems that might make that confusing just let me know and I reckon we can figure something out.

The polled fights will be included on the PICK EM if they get 50% or more of the players votes - changed slightly from the majority required in the feburary upoming poll. The poll is public (to ensure only votes cast by PICK EM players are counted) and MULTIPLE CHOICE... so make sure you vote for all the fights you want in or vote for NONE OF THE ABOVE if such is your choice.

03/07

Kurbanov vs Illiev

Quigg vs Carroll

Johnson vs Mikhalkin

Kownacki vs Helenius

03/14

Stevenson vs Marriaga

03/21

Culcay vs Mwakinyo

Dorticos vs Breidis

03/28

Avanesyan vs Kelly

Beterbiev vs Meng

Ortiz vs Vargas

Nery vs Alameda

As we can see there ain't a huge amount at the top level next month and of the two that are one is most likely a deep mismatch (Beterbiev vs Meng). The only reall AAA match up is the long awaited WBSS Season 2 Cruiser final between Breidis and Dorticos.

I've tried to ensure that we got at least one fight on each week and outside of the major title fights have included by default only a couple of fights where the bookies odds - or my estimation - suggest a passably competitve fight (Kelly vs Avanesyan, Johnson vs Mikhalkhin and Quigg vs Jono).

Okay gentlemen - it's voting time. Please make your feelings known to ensure you're getting the kinda fights you want to see in the game... and of course, if there's any compelling fights that I missed or you particularly want to see in, make sure you post and let me know in the thread below.

Regards, and thanks for your patience.

Koba

-MEGA-, BostonGuy, TBear, jaded, LoadedWraps, bigjavi973

Sticky me please and it'd be appreciated if you could also remove last month's UPCOMING thread.

K
Koba,
Sometimes months like these tend to separate the posters that really follow boxing and know who to follow. It’ll shake up the leaderboard, which is needed this early in the year. Some good fights coming none the less. Cheers
NC Uppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 03:17 AM #10
Laughter for the people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Uppercut View Post
Koba,
Sometimes months like these tend to separate the posters that really follow boxing and know who to follow. It’ll shake up the leaderboard, which is needed this early in the year. Some good fights coming none the less. Cheers
Indeed, which of course has a bearing on the little to and fro in the few posts above - personally I'd be quite interested in looking to some of the match ups further down the rankings, and maybe increasing the number of Pick Ems we do slightly... bur not at the expense of losing players who are quite happy with the way it is already. Like I said elsewhere it's just a matter of tinkering with the balance a little bit... seeing what incremental changes we can make without altering the overall fun character of the game and whilst maintaining the support of most of the players.

Share This With Friends