Is Fury a top 10 all-time great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Fury a top 10 all-time great?

At heavyweight?

If not already than certainly after a Joshua win.

How high would you rank him?
    Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 02-23-2020, 12:53 PM.

In short: No.

I don't know where I'd rank him but he's certainly not one of the best heavyweights of all time. He's just a winner in a relatively weak era of heavyweight boxing.

Comment

He’s gonna murk Joshua but let’s not disrespect the ATGs by rating Fury above them. But I can say yes he’ll be on that list

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        In short: No.

I don't know where I'd rank him but he's certainly not one of the best heavyweights of all time. He's just a winner in a relatively weak era of heavyweight boxing.
        He did beat Klitschko as well. The best of the previous era.

Admittedly it was an old Klitschko but he was still good enough to go on to drop Joshua in his next fight after Fury.

Comment

Tyson Fury has had two wins at elite level, and they are good wins 'Kiltschko & Wilder etc'

Anthony Joshua still has a deeper resume.
          Ivich Ivich likes this.

Comment

Wilder's a scrub, don't forget.

Comment

With wins over Klitschko, Wilder and Joshua he sure as hell would be. At that point he would have bigger wins than some heavyweights who are regularly ranked in the top 10 ATG's.

Comment

He does not have an ATG resume (at least not yet) - but he would probably not be a walkover for anyone. His size, mobility, speed, is likely to trouble even the best earlier heavyweights.

If, in the near future, he batters Joshua and Usyk in convincing style - then we can start talking ATG!

Comment

July 2015 called... it wants it's question back.

I dunno how you could watch Fury-Klitchko and not recognize Fur as the greatest ever. He has since authored the greatest comeback in Boxing history, and produce one of the greatest acts of vengeance in Boxing history.

6'9" 270 pounds, and he can move and work like that. AMAZING!

Heavyweight Top 10:
                  1-9) Fury
                  10) Who give a fook?

That;s just an educated fans opinion of course. What the space cadets roaming this place have to say, who knows?

Only thing I'll take their word on is which color crayon tastes the best.

Originally posted by JohnCastellanos View Post
                  He’s gonna murk Joshua but let’s not disrespect the ATGs by rating Fury above them. But I can say yes he’ll be on that list
                  Or... maybe not let's disrpect Fury by comparing to the championsof the past?

I haven't seen a Heavyweight of his TALENT since Tunney.

It's great to see a real man, and real Boxer hold that belt. Lifetimes have transpired since then. Let's appreciate the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                    Tyson Fury has had two wins at elite level, and they are good wins 'Kiltschko & Wilder etc'

Anthony Joshua still has a deeper resume.
                    For someone who takes pride in his ability to go balls-deep, you should have a better understanding of what that word actually means.

Comment

Working...
                    X