No announcement yet.

George Foreman vs Mike Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Foreman vs Mike Tyson

Prime vs prime, who takes it and how? Could the much smaller Iron Mike chop down the bigger man? Or does George Foreman give Tyson a grilling?

I think Mike just to fast , I recall seeing a Foreman comment saying Tyson would have been to fast not long ago .

I’d say Tyson on points and a bruised up Foreman similar to the Alex Stewart fight .

Comment

Foreman by KO. Tyson's hard attacking style was perfect for Foreman. He could take Tyson's punch much better than Tyson could take his punch. It would be sort of like what he did to Frazier. Much smaller Tyson? Much shorter yes. Smaller no unless you mean the old very fat Foreman. Prime Foreman weighed 212 pounds when he KOed Frazier to win the title. Tyson weighed 220 lean hard pounds when he won the title at age 21. Tyson was always a full sized heavyweight, very stocky and muscular.

Comment

Tyson was made for Foreman.

See Foreman-Frazier 1 and 2.

It would go exactly the same way.

Comment

I agree. See Foreman Frazier. Add to that Prime Foreman is not pooping his pants before he gets in the ring like many were in the mid 80's.

Comment

Foreman by KO early. Mike was a sucker for uppercuts and Foreman was known for throwing them with devastation (Cooney KO, Frazier KO, Norton KO)......

Only way to avoid them would be to pull back like some guy did called the Greatest and Tyson never really pulled back to avoid a shot.

Comment

I'm taking foreman!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Gypsy Queen View Post
                Prime vs prime, who takes it and how? Could the much smaller Iron Mike chop down the bigger man? Or does George Foreman give Tyson a grilling?
                Tyson was not the smaller man, he was shorter yes but not smaller. Tyson was 220 lbs while Foreman weighed around 210-15.

Tyson by KO in a bad ass fight.

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
                  Tyson was not the smaller man, he was shorter yes but not smaller. Tyson was 220 lbs while Foreman weighed around 210-15.

Tyson by KO in a bad ass fight.
                  you got those swapped.

foreman was 220.

prime tyson was under 220, like 215.

Comment

Both guys were absolutely terrifying. Ill tempered beasts, with the intention to hurt, and the tools to achieve it.

I don't know who would win. Tyson was a lot faster, but Foreman was mentally stronger and had a significant reach advantage.

This is one of the best fantasy match ups I can think of.

Comment

Working...
                    X