Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 12-09-2019, 10:24 AM #31
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 565 Post(s)
landotter has a reputation beyond reputelandotter has a reputation beyond reputelandotter has a reputation beyond reputelandotter has a reputation beyond reputelandotter has a reputation beyond reputelandotter has a reputation beyond reputelandotter has a reputation beyond reputelandotter has a reputation beyond reputelandotter has a reputation beyond reputelandotter has a reputation beyond reputelandotter has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,638.48
Total Points: 27,518.44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pound4PoundStud View Post
Actually these are not excuses. This is exactly what happened. Andy partied too much, didn't train correctly and paid the price for it.

Too much celebrity treatment cost him this fight. The immediate rematch by Joshua was excellent, otherwise Andy would have had more time to prepare himself.
Yep. I agree. But at heart, I think Joshua never doubted he would win. He just fought stupid in the first fight and played into Ruiz strengths. I think Ruiz could beat any HW that opened himself up like Joshua did in the first match. Despite his bad rematch, Ruiz is not a scrub. He has legit skills. They are limited, but he has good ones. But the celebration and fame that goes with being an instant celebrity defiantly worked to Joshua. Wonder how much he was betting on that?
landotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:57 AM #32
Up and Comer

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Airborne is on a distinguished road
Bank: 1,245.39
Total Points: 7,884.33
Default No rubber match!

Ruiz had his chance and blew it! Don't deserve rematch!
Airborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:22 AM #33
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Roberto Vasquez is a splendid one to beholdRoberto Vasquez is a splendid one to beholdRoberto Vasquez is a splendid one to beholdRoberto Vasquez is a splendid one to beholdRoberto Vasquez is a splendid one to beholdRoberto Vasquez is a splendid one to beholdRoberto Vasquez is a splendid one to beholdRoberto Vasquez is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 1,497.79
Total Points: 34,403.52
You deserve to be kicked for being fooled by Eddie Hearn. You're a sheep. - !-1 

I just think Andy Ruiz already knew all this before the fight.

He knew if he came in heavy he was less likely to win the fight but he did anyway. It's like he didn't respect the belts and he didn't respect AJ and paid the price for doing so.

I just don't see a lesson he can learn here - since he already knew this before the fight. I can't see him ever becoming disciplined enough to live up to his full potential.
Roberto Vasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:33 PM #34
Interim Champion

Quoted: 490 Post(s)
Calibaloc is infamous around these partsCalibaloc is infamous around these partsCalibaloc is infamous around these partsCalibaloc is infamous around these partsCalibaloc is infamous around these partsCalibaloc is infamous around these partsCalibaloc is infamous around these partsCalibaloc is infamous around these partsCalibaloc is infamous around these partsCalibaloc is infamous around these partsCalibaloc is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,566.55
Total Points: 21,504.65

I've lost all respect for Ruiz after hearing this. Because he does NOT respect the sport I love and lied to the public. I dont even think he deserves another shot. He talked a good game but was fronting the whole time smh
Calibaloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:36 PM #35
Up and Comer

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
ciscotx99 is on a distinguished road
Bank: 1,196.68
Total Points: 7,693.73
Default Loser

F him!
He lost every aspect of this fight. The training, the weigh in, the staredown, the ring walk, the fight!

The illusion of a 3rd fight helped drive the bad behavior.

No one else to blame, but himself.
ciscotx99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 04:21 PM #36
Contender

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
aaronbnb is on a distinguished road
Bank: 1,432.04
Total Points: 11,033.03

Ruiz needs a therapist. He probably has an eating disorder, binging to suppress some other feeling. What is the source? Did he face a lot of invalidation growing up?

Last edited by aaronbnb; 12-09-2019 at 04:25 PM.
aaronbnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:58 PM #37
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 755 Post(s)
HandsofIron has a reputation beyond reputeHandsofIron has a reputation beyond reputeHandsofIron has a reputation beyond reputeHandsofIron has a reputation beyond reputeHandsofIron has a reputation beyond reputeHandsofIron has a reputation beyond reputeHandsofIron has a reputation beyond reputeHandsofIron has a reputation beyond reputeHandsofIron has a reputation beyond reputeHandsofIron has a reputation beyond reputeHandsofIron has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,512.81
Total Points: 21,613.22

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingfan4ever View Post
Despite that detail that Ruiz did not train well (which was said behind the scenes), the truth is that AJ was terrified every time Andy touched him .... And if it is true that Ruiz owes an apology to Mexico for his irresponsibility, it is also true that AJ can never be involved with Andy ever ... and if Andy had trained better and presented himself at least 260 pounds he would have made flour to AJ ......
Yup, very true, Ruiz completely changed Joshua's style. It kinda reminds me of the 5th round in the Camacho-Rosario fight (Camacho got hit with a similar shot that shook him badly).
HandsofIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:21 PM #38
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Dle has a reputation beyond reputeDle has a reputation beyond reputeDle has a reputation beyond reputeDle has a reputation beyond reputeDle has a reputation beyond reputeDle has a reputation beyond reputeDle has a reputation beyond reputeDle has a reputation beyond reputeDle has a reputation beyond reputeDle has a reputation beyond reputeDle has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,460.90
Total Points: 17,095.78

Ruiz, the biggest letdown since Buster Douglas. He hurt the Mexican race by not training seriously. All the stereotyping that they say about Mexican. Thanks Andy
Dle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 12:56 AM #39
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Kannabis Kid is a splendid one to beholdKannabis Kid is a splendid one to beholdKannabis Kid is a splendid one to beholdKannabis Kid is a splendid one to beholdKannabis Kid is a splendid one to beholdKannabis Kid is a splendid one to beholdKannabis Kid is a splendid one to beholdKannabis Kid is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 1,558.53
Total Points: 20,474.89
Great post bro. - [KLTP] -Kirby- 

Ruiz blew it big time had all the time in the world to prepare and jobbed the fans it's like he knew he could bank on a trilogy and just make more cash even if he lost but to me with his statement he doesn't deserve a rematch to be honest needs to fight another top contender to see if still wants it, not no easy cash grab off the fans pockets. An in shape Ruiz would have beaten Joshua that night he would've been able to close the gap and trap him but he had no stamina and was gassed by the later rounds from all the chasing he was doing instead of cutting off the ring. In the end it's his life but I'm disappointed because I was his fan and I feel like he just threw it all away one of the most lackluster fights I have seen.
Kannabis Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:01 AM #40
Heavy Costume

Quoted: 2514 Post(s)
jreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond reputejreckoning has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 40,442.40
Total Points: 41,918.07
good luck in the league, you'll need it - El Mustang For being one helluva poster - Chief2ndzOnly! chi town info - al capone You're one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Tomasz Adamek: brave ring warrior - Freedom. 
Feliz Navidad - El Mustang just because :kiss: - Bossy For a good treasured friend - jazluvr quik payup gratzie! - `STEELHEAD 49ers/Saints. thanks for your payment, have a beer on me...cheers! - jose830 
Cheers!  Here's to hopefully a great night of boxing! - UglyPug u deserve it - WeEatinBaby ATG poster - sugarsmosley lol atg poster - Mike D Thanks for the stream! - mathed 
Thank you, Happy holidays to you and all those close as well. - TBear Happy Holidays - BOXEO _ For good luck in all your affairs - jazluvr lol I keep trying to send you points but it keeps sending 11.00 - -jose- Happy holidays! - jazluvr 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Left Hook Tua Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - .::WaRCoTTo::. AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr449 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr449 Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Tunney! 
Head and Neck Cancer - -Kevin- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Disposable Arts Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jazluvr Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dle View Post
Ruiz, the biggest letdown since Buster Douglas. He hurt the Mexican race by not training seriously. All the stereotyping that they say about Mexican. Thanks Andy
Buster actually made twice what Andy did against Joshua.

That's how big the Tyson win was almost 30 years ago.

Crazy.

Money and fame can change people. And the problem is now he has even more money, a lot more money, to cater to all his vices.

I read an article where Arum was trying to get him motivated and he tells Arum there's other things he'd like to do like build houses and have fun and stuff. I don't know if he had this burning desire ever to be the best. It kind of fell in his lap.
jreckoning is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends