Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson Very Confident He'll KO Badou Jack: Don't Blink!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Stevenson wins they will still claim he fought nobody. this is a great fight and pretty close but I'd favour stevenson. I think Stevenson will win the first 4 rounds and it might not even go to the 5th but if Jack can keep the right distance and work the body then he has a good chance. What jack needs to do is if he's jabbed react to it if he doesnt react to a jab at all he's going to be knocked out. Know his distance. If he follows Stevenson he will eat a hard shot and their are whispers about his chin. if he can use angles to get to the inside he has a great chance. but unlike Kovalev Stevenson has a hook to the body so even a strict inside fight isn't for sure, in this case Jack's inside game is better.

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
      adonis isnt your normal 40 year old
      wow, wth was that even supposed to mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
        Fonfara and Karpency? Both men beat a shot Chad Dawson to gain their place, Dawson has been shot since like 2012.

Fonfara recently suffered a brutal 1st round KO to Smith while Karpency lost a wide UD to Smith.
        Williams is another opponent fresh off a KO loss.

Jack on the other hand is budding at 175, hasn't been KO'd in years and has proven his quality vs Degale and Cleverly. He's 6'1, he drained himself badly to make SMW.
        look man karpency almost killed gvozdyk when he only had 10 days to train...karpency outboxed a renewed dawson..he was top 10 and it doesnt matter if u dont like it or not..he's younger and naturally bigger than adonis..adonis ended him in 3 rounds...and honestly karpency landed some nice shots on adonis bc he can box but i'm sure you'll throw this up as nothing

fonfara is a 6'3 175lb guy that has underated footwork and he can throw every punch...i wouldnt be shocked if fonfara is adonis's toughest fight even after this jack fight..fonfara is damn good, but today i must say i think he is shot after 2 horrible ko's...he took way to much punishment vs adonis...

Comment

Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post
          wow, wth was that even supposed to mean?
          the man fights like he is the aggressor in each fight even when he is teh naturally smaller man...he's been on a year layoff twice and at an advanced age these guys cant go pas 5 rounds....his punch and speed havent left...badou jack is getting into the ring with a tremendous fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
            I gotta agree . Add the fact that Jack has been Dropped and Stopped early in fights against SM's . Plus it being only his 2nd fight at LH ( The first against a chinny Nathan Cleverly ). I think Stevenson tries to take him out early . If Jack makes it past the 5th I give him a real shot of winning though .
            yes jack shot is late...but adonis picked it up late vs fonfara even after he was dog tired...i've said it for a long time adonis is the P4p best in the sport he is too dominant and ppl have fought around him..i think this jack fight is goingt o show why no one wants to get in with him...

i love wat jack can do but everyone is behind the eight ball when they face a smart southpaw with long arm great speed/timing and ko power

hell even floyd would lose the early rounds to adonis..hell might even get stopped

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
              look man karpency almost killed gvozdyk when he only had 10 days to train...karpency outboxed a renewed dawson..he was top 10 and it doesnt matter if u dont like it or not..he's younger and naturally bigger than adonis..adonis ended him in 3 rounds...and honestly karpency landed some nice shots on adonis bc he can box but i'm sure you'll throw this up as nothing

fonfara is a 6'3 175lb guy that has underated footwork and he can throw every punch...i wouldnt be shocked if fonfara is adonis's toughest fight even after this jack fight..fonfara is damn good, but today i must say i think he is shot after 2 horrible ko's...he took way to much punishment vs adonis...
              Karpency did drop Gvozdyk but he got back up and demolished him. He's not a bad fighter, I just don't think on the level of a Badou Jack.

Fonfara suffered a brutal KO vs Smith, it usually takes fighters years to bounce back from a loss like that.

Jack did show flaws vs Degale's southpaw stance but at the same time I think it was good prep for a southpaw like Stevenson and it's Stevenson that's under prepped.

Stevenson should be the favorite, but I do think this'll be one of his tougher fights.

Comment

I doubt this fight ever happens. I'll make a prediction at the weigh in.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                  Karpency did drop Gvozdyk but he got back up and demolished him. He's not a bad fighter, I just don't think on the level of a Badou Jack.

Fonfara suffered a brutal KO vs Smith, it usually takes fighters years to bounce back from a loss like that.

Jack did show flaws vs Degale's southpaw stance but at the same time I think it was good prep for a southpaw like Stevenson and it's Stevenson that's under prepped.

Stevenson should be the favorite, but I do think this'll be one of his tougher fights.
                  i would hope so on a ten day notice..if karpency had a full camp he likely continues to outbox him and hurt him again..the main reason he didnt finish him is bc exhaustion..

fonfara came back vs dawson and dawson looked really prime in that bout but fonfara came back late and ko'd him...adonis didnt want a fonfara fight but his mandatory wouldnt take the deal and al had no one else to give him.
                  adonis did wat he had to do and looked scary in the process..

i think anyone will show flaws vs degale if the ref continues to let degale win forearms all over you guard and upperbody..and that bs couldnt even save him jack killed him

i have adonis #1 p4p and jack 3...i respect both tremendously..this is one of my fights of the decade..but i must admit jack is a severe underdog bc adonis is not normal...i'll say it again i wont be suprised if fonfara is steveson toughest opponent after may 19th.

Comment

Gonna be a cracker, superman gonna rock that chin, but Jack will get it on points

Comment

Originally posted by kennethjohn View Post
                      If Stevenson wins they will still claim he fought nobody. this is a great fight and pretty close but I'd favour stevenson. I think Stevenson will win the first 4 rounds and it might not even go to the 5th but if Jack can keep the right distance and work the body then he has a good chance. What jack needs to do is if he's jabbed react to it if he doesnt react to a jab at all he's going to be knocked out. Know his distance. If he follows Stevenson he will eat a hard shot and their are whispers about his chin. if he can use angles to get to the inside he has a great chance. but unlike Kovalev Stevenson has a hook to the body so even a strict inside fight isn't for sure, in this case Jack's inside game is better.
                      good analysis.

thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X