Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whatever political alliegances can we at least agree.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever political alliegances can we at least agree.

Was reading the threads that Motorcity and GhostofDempsey made and it makes me sick to my stomach that these kids and their parents are under fire just because of who they support politically. One hero bashed for being a Republican and the other told that it doesn't matter that his daughter died because he was wearing a Trump shirt.

This is disgusting no matter who you support and I honestly fear for what type of people those are in real life.

To Leftists this is war. They don't care about dead children or your feelings. They only care about bringing about an Orwellian future.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
      Was reading the threads that Motorcity and GhostofDempsey made and it makes me sick to my stomach that these kids and their parents are under fire just because of who they support politically. One hero bashed for being a Republican and the other told that it doesn't matter that his daughter died because he was wearing a Trump shirt.

This is disgusting no matter who you support and I honestly fear for what type of people those are in real life.
      Agree. Lotsa these D & R mfers are pieces of sh^t. Or at a minimum the "good ones' argue for pieces of sh^t.

Comment

I thought it was disgusting that people negatively commented about the Trump 2020 shirt the guy who came to see if his daughter was alive or dead was wearing.

In no way shape or form should people use this event to critique someone who supports Trump. Man is grieving the loss of his daughter and people come off as "you deserve this for voting for Trump." Disgusting.

I'm fine if people want to blame politicians for failing to act when events like these happen. That comes with the job.

But to watch the above and then watch people seem to celebrate that the shooter is not part of their niche racial/political/social/religious group has been disgraceful.

Comment

Yeah, you're correct. Don t think there's a lot of compassion left in society , people just care about their own agenda

Comment

The problem with the far right and far left is they are so caught up in their own agenda, they tend to forget the tragedy at hand. Just as a man/father, I cannot even look at the pictures or read about the murdered children and not cry. I literally broke down balling watching Sandy Hook reports on t.v. Why? Because the tragedy itself is much more than any political topic at hand. Any realist knows we have a problem with guns and our criminal/mental justice systems. Problem is we let the amount of guns in the USA get so out of hand, all that can be done are minor amendments. There will always be psychos out there that will find a way to get a gun but I dont think it should be as easy.

Comment

Yep, both sides can be ugly. I can't understand blind loyalty to one side without at least acknowledging the bad of both. I don't like Clinton, Pelosi, Schumer and Obama, I will support Trump--though he's not exempt from criticism. I don't agree with his pro-life stance, or his push towards off-shore drilling for oil. George Bush was one of our worst Presidents ever, Jim McCain is a war monger, Dick Cheney is a war criminal and should be in federal prison. Republicans and Democrats share a lot more in common than their perceived differences.

Thing is, there are a lot of assumptions made about people simply because they support a particular candidate. We have this "all or nothing at all" mentality and snap judgments are made on people who support Trump, Obama, Clinton, Sanders, etc. You're not allowed to show support for a candidate without being labeled this or that.

Comment

Politics are a hell of a drug...

Comment

Agreed. The way they treated the father who had a Trump shirt on was gross and I'll never understand that type of behavior.

Comment

To Right this is war. They don't care about dead children or your feelings. They only care about bringing about an racist future.

Comment

Working...
                    X