3 Vitali
        4 Jack Dempsey
        5 George Foreman
        6 Sam Langford
        7 Mike Tyson
        8 Jim Jeffries
        9 John L, the first and only unified Queensbury and bareknucks champ
        10 Ali
        Wlad and Vittles 2 and 3 with Ali 10th and no Lennox Lewis?

Comment

• --- It's no insult to make a top 20 list.

Rankings tend to be beauty contests where preference is purely subjective. I looked at overall natural talent, ring ability and impact on the sport.

I published a book on the 113rd anniversary of the formation of mlb where I ranked 103 players based strictly by run production efficiency that is as close to what the scoreboard reflects after every out they make. I also broke down 5 different demographic categories that reflect the eras, batting stances, leagues, race/Ethnicity, and positions based on those RP%, so I'm no noob in rating my two fav sports.
          Last edited by QueensburyRules; 05-11-2018, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• 1- Lewis
            2- Louis
            3- Ali
            4- Wladimir
            5- Marciano
            6- Foreman
            7- Holmes
            8- Frazier
            9- Bowe
            10- Holyfield

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
              --- It's no insult to make a top 20 list.

Rankings tend to be beauty contests where preference is purely subjective. I looked at overall natural talent, ring ability and impact on the sport.

I published a book on the 113rd anniversary of the formation of mlb where I ranked 103 players based strictly by run production efficiency that is as close to what the scoreboard reflects after every out they make. I also broke down 5 different demographic categories that reflect the eras, batting stances, leagues, race/Ethnicity, and positions based on those RP%, so I'm no noob in rating my two fav sports.
              With a boxers' list like that, you've simply got to be kidding. To speak succinctly, YDKSAB.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                With a boxers' list like that, you've simply got to be kidding. To speak succinctly, YDKSAB.
                Strange, he's usually a good poster. And I thought you two would hit it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post

--- Put yours out Sonny, and I'll break it down point by point.

I don't do bang the garbage can slowly empty rhetoric.

Comment

• Alis combination punching was a thing of beauty. Aside from being the quickest of all hwt champions he was also among the toughest. That combination of ability and will to win made him the best.

Also paper champions should never count. Dime a dozen.

Ali
                    Louis
                    Holmes
                    Lewis
                    Foreman
                    Johnson
                    Tyson
                    Dempsey
                    Tunney
                    Marciano

Comment

• --- Ali is one of the most naurally talented fighters ever in a truly tough sport, but he also has some the most specious, most questionable results of all the great champs.

After learning the ropes as an AMA, he was largely self trained to his own unique intuitive style. Worked well in his youth, but his regression to ropadope didn't serve his legacy and no champ in history loses to little toothless Leon.

Also bad results being propped up by Herbert Muhammad way past his sell date, and too sadly he reaped the health devastations from that folly.

Comment

Working...
                      X