Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer: Spence is Hardest Puncher I've Seen - Breaks Faces, Ribs!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I call it how I see it. Take Spence’s nuts out ya mouth for a second and do a little research and study his game. He’s good and still learning. But as of now I see him one demonsional. He’s only and offensive fighter. Nobody been able to bully the bully. Take him out his zone and see how he reacts. And I mention castaño only because they fought in the ams right before they both turned pro. And he bullied the bully.

Comment

I don’t see porter as the type that can really bang though. He smothers his own punches being in your face the whole time. But it be an entertaining scrap for however long it lasts. As of right now I only see two heavy hitters at WW and that’s Spence and Matthysse. But Matthysse at the end of his career. Only guy I see beating Spence is Crawford and Thurman (Thurman scrapping by) because he’s become more defensive than the offensive fighter he was in his prospect years.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
        Kell Brook IS a hard puncher at welterweight and a verry good boxer too. So Spence is proven already.
        Kell Brook isn’t a weak welter but he’s no slugger. And he was coming off a KO defeat at 160...

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          What makes you think I was saying that all fighters have to move up in their late 20s/early 30s?

Obviously, it depends how big they are for their original division and how much weight they have to cut to keep on fighting in that division. Cutting weight becomes more draining the older you get .. that's a well established and well researched fact.

Hagler and Hearns fought each other at MW. Hearns started his career as a huge WW, and Hagler started out as an average sized MW fighting close to his walk around weight.

Hearns was 4 years younger than Hagler, but he had already moved up twice by the time they fought, and ended up moving up again to LHW. Hagler, as you say, was at MW his whole career.

Brook was also a huge WW who was cutting 20lb+ to make 147. And that was 20+ of muscle, because Brook is a naturally muscular guy. It's very, very difficult to keep doing that after you pass the mid 20s point.
          Yea but in the end you kind of arguing against Brook like his trainers and promoter which is basically the reason he's moving up. Like I told you even after the Spence fight Brook was still considering staying at 147 because he can still make 147 but he's done enough there now but like I said at the point age has nothing to do with it Brook is only 31 and when he fought Errol he had only been 31 for a few days, and If we talking about Spence, then yes according to his frame he should still be able to make 47 at 31 as well he's going on 28 now. To be honest man there's not much of a difference between age 28-31 it's a lil bit older still prime age 28 isn't exactly spring chicken either..but still it's when u get to about mid 32 33+ u start slowing down at faster pace..
          Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 01-19-2018, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
            Yea but in the end you kind of arguing against Brook like his trainers and promoter which is basically the reason he's moving up. Like I told you even after the Spence fight Brook was still considering staying at 147 because he can still make 147 but he's done enough there now but like I said at the point age has nothing to do with it Brook is only 31 and when he fought Errol he had only been 31 for a few days, and If we talking about Spence, then yes according to his frame he should still be able to make 47 at 31 as well he's going on 28 now. To be honest man there's not much of a difference between age 28-31 it's a lil bit older still prime age 28 isn't exactly spring chicken either..but still it's when u get to about mid 32 33+ u start slowing down at faster pace..
            Sure, Brook could still make 147, and in a hard fight he would run out of steam after 6 rounds again like he did against Spence. That's why his trainer didn't want him to fight at WW again after GGG.

Brook was walking around well over 170 and fighting as high as 154 and 155 in non title fights 10/11 years ago.

He fought Carson Jones at 147 in 2012 and slowed down so badly after 6 rounds he almost lost. A year later he rematched Jones in a non title fight at 152 and stopped him easily in 8 rounds.

Like I said before, cutting a lot of weight drains you more and more the older you get, that's why so many fighters move up in their late 20s, which is what Brook would have done if he hadn't been so desperate to keep hold of his world WW title.
            Last edited by kafkod; 01-19-2018, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
              I read an article where Spence says he can fight Canelo at 160 right now!!
              Canelo would smash him easily. canelo is no ww, he is naturally jr. heavyweight pretending to be a middleweight fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                Canelo would smash him easily. canelo is no ww, he is naturally jr. heavyweight pretending to be a middleweight fighter.
                Thats what I say it's on YT Spence said Canelo wasn't a big guy to him I'm thinking he's got to be crazy.. Just because you walk around at 170+ means nothing If your body isn't accustomed to fighting at the weight and with Spence come forward style he would get wrecked by Canelo right now..

Comment

I like Spence, but I will say that he is HIGHLY susceptible to the uppercut, and occasionally the right hand (That's only when he gets lazy in a round).

Comment

Working...
                  X