No announcement yet.

Are boxing fans like soccer fans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are boxing fans like soccer fans?

Soccer fans only care about one thing...the win. It doesn't matter how dubious certain decisions in the game were, or how many of their team's players cheated...they'll take it however they can get it, and then brag about it like it was the greatest performance in the history of the sport and dig the opposing fans any chancecthey get. They'll watch a player clearly dive and beg the ref to call a penalty, then wildly celebrate the converted penalty like it was some masterpiece goal.

I know most people will say that soccer is a p*ssy sport and the 2 sets of fans can't be compared but, judging by some of the talk on here, there's some common ground. How many times have you heard fans talk up a win for a fighter they like, no matter how close or controversial and trash another fighter for a loss similar in nature. At the end of the day as long as they get the W on paper, they're content.

Is the win all that matters? Doesn't it feel a bit stupid to be happy with a close split decision victory for a fighter you like, then be critical of a fighter you don't like for dropping one?

Both sports have tons of stupid fans but the modern day Boxing fan is perhaps worse. Likes 1-2 fighters usually based on race and then hates everyone else and gets insecure if so much as a compliment is made of another fighter.

Barcelona fans are one's that don't care how the win is and how controversial but will delight in it. Boxing fan boys run with anything to suit their narrative.

Boxing fights you meet at fights and aren't just fanboys I'd consider among the best in sport and especially one's who respect the history and don't just spew irrational hatred.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      Both sports have tons of stupid fans but the modern day Boxing fan is perhaps worse. Likes 1-2 fighters usually based on race and then hates everyone else and gets insecure if so much as a compliment is made of another fighter.

Barcelona fans are one's that don't care how the win is and how controversial but will delight in it. Boxing fan boys run with anything to suit their narrative.

Boxing fights you meet at fights and aren't just fanboys I'd consider among the best in sport and especially one's who respect the history and don't just spew irrational hatred.
      Lol...exactly right about barcelona fans. Also right about fans you meet in person...even some of the biggest d bags on nsb would probably act different in person.

Comment

Comment

Aint no Boxing fans like Russian football fans, lol. Imagine 200 Russians running down the Vegas strip smashing anyone in sight before the Kovalev/Ward fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
            Aint no Boxing fans like Russian football fans, lol. Imagine 200 Russians running down the Vegas strip smashing anyone in sight before the Kovalev/Ward fight.
            Those poor limeys got worked over in france. Those are hooligans tho, not the average fans.

Comment

No, Boxing is more like American politics. Currently there seem to be two sides (conservative/liberal, republican/democrat, trump supporter/trump critic)

Each side swears they are correct and the other side is stupid and the problem.

The same goes for boxing. (GGG/KOV/HBO vs Floyd/Ward/PBC/Black fighters)

Each side roots for their guys and prays for the downfall of the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                Those poor limeys got worked over in france. Those are hooligans tho, not the average fans.
                Shame English Hooligans couldn't go because of bans lol

Comment

I know I am not like that. I want my favorite boxers to really win. If the other guy deserved the win then I want the other guy to get the win.

Comment

Working...
                  X