Collapse
No announcement yet.

Military Update, The National Guard offered me $20,000 bonus

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck! The military provides solid benefits during and after service. Officer money is good money.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
      I been away from this site. I been real busy with my puppy and life.

However here is the update with my Army process.

After i scored low on the navy officer exam. I decided to try the Army.

I had to score 110 on the ASVAB to be considered for the OCS program. I got a 105! Barely missed it

Any way my recruiter says i can go into the reserves as a E4 MP (Military Police ).

They are going to pay off all of my student loans , give me a $20,000 sign on bonus and I get a free masters degree.

It's only one weekend a month abd two weeks in the summer.

My contract is 6 years.

Anybody who has banned me , you should consider letting a future military vet slid.

E4 Mafia!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      You can't get a 110 score on the ASVAB. The ASVAB is basically a series of different tests. You might be referring to one of the particular categories/components of the ASVAB; i.e. GT score, GM score, etc. The overall "score" is really only a percentile, and that best you can "score" is 99.

Word of advice DO NOT TRUST YOUR RECRUITER... verify everything for yourself.

EDIT*
      Wait, wait, wait...
      Someone told you that you would enter the Reserves with the rank, E-4???... are you prior Law Enforcement or prior Marine Corps, or something?

You got my BULLSH&T meter going off right now.
      Last edited by USMCer; 07-17-2019, 03:51 PM.

Comment

I thought the military doesn’t pay debt incurred before you begin your service? That’s what marine recruiters told me.

Comment

...and you just don’t sign up and get and bonus. There’s all kind of stipulations.

Comment

It's a trap

Comment

Just remember, you will be subject to deployments , especially as an MP. Deployments can last anywhere from six months to a year in some shytstan country. Your bonus will likely be half up front which is taxed, and the rest divided evenly each year for the remainder of your enlistment. So long as you have a regular job that will excuse you for deployments it’s not a bad deal overall.

Comment

I had to score 110 on the ASVAB to be considered for the OCS program. I got a 105! Barely missed it

Any way my recruiter says i can go into the reserves as a E4 MP (Military Police ).

They are going to pay off all of my student loans , give me a $20,000 sign on bonus and I get a free masters degree.

My contract is 6 years.

Anybody who has banned me , you should consider letting a future military vet slid.

E4 Mafia!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                I'll need a copy of your military ID to take to the movies with me.

Comment

6 Years commitment is not something to take lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR RUIZ!. View Post
                    6 Years commitment is not something to take lightly.
                    It is when the guy is making it all up. You can smell the bull patties from here my friend.

Comment

My contract is 6 years.

E4 Mafia!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Mods can JcLazyX210 get a name change to 'Stolen Valor'?

Comment

Working...
                      X