No announcement yet.

Is Andre Ward ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    ... I am tired of repeating this: Ward was a very gifted and very intelligent fighter... unfortunately, he got his right shoulder injured at about 12 yo and he undertook surgery very late in his pro career... therefore he practically fought "one handed", as an inverted southpaw all his career... because of that, Ward fought "nicely" vs lesser opponents and he fought very dirty vs tougher and better ones... And I don't hate him on that... ... In my opinion, Ward will never be an ATG... excuses...
    Interesting stuff...thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
      Hold it man get your facts straight. You've said the same thing about me and a couple of other guys on the forum. LOL...
      Lol! Yeah how can he say that about all of us? lol that's funny stuff man

Comment

Originally posted by boogbx View Post
        I know Dre personally out of Kings gym here in Oakland. He would be at the amateur fights supporting, even showed up at 3rd st a few times in frisco.

I was a doubter. Ward went after light hw and I said he was too small, no way in hell
        He comes back with a medal. Brings back the gold.

After getting shook by a bum at 160, I was convinced first fighter with a punch would expose him. He got
        In there with Miranda and destroyed him.

Ward never ceases to amaze
        Me and y’all act like the other fighters didn’t sign the contracts? Once the contract is signed no excuses. Home cooking or not which every fighter has benefited from, Ward dominated and won those fights.

I really don’t know what fight y’all were watching if you thought Kessler was close? Close to getting made into
        A bobble head after so many clean shots.

I realized Ward is a ATG for the sake of the Bay Area. I suggest y’all do the same for the sake of boxing.
        Lol hey man...I'm not mad at you for backing your guy...ftr I never thought the Kessler fight was close...thought Andre was ahead pretty clearly iirc before the stoppage...that one may have gotten him DQd though in a more neutral setting with the clinching and headbutts.

But I don't really hate on the guy...overall he seems like a good dude so with success coming his way I'm not mad about it.

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
          Naw, the guy's alright, maybe a little overrated. Ward fought a bunch of euro-bums at 168, beat a weight drained Chad Dawson who wasn't that good to begin with (got iced by Adonis at 175) and was protected by the boxing powers that be with his jab and grab, holding style. Ward got his ass kicked in the first Kovalev fight, was bailed out and also got special treatment in the rematch.
          Originally posted by New England View Post
          i was at the first kovalev fight and most of hte people thought kovalev won. i wanted ward to win, i had money on him, but i thought kovalev edged it with a knockdown. that said, he did not get his ass kicked. by the end of the fight you could tell that the rematch was going to be easier for ward, he'd seen the jabs and got the timing on the right hand. kovalev hardly landed the right hand in the second fight.
          I mean...I was honestly feeling bad for Ward during those first 6 rounds...I would say that qualified imo as getting your ass kicked...just my 2 cents...two guys of equal billing came in there and the way Andre was getting shown up in those first six rounds, I just felt bad...kind of why I was happy he scrapped in there for the last 6 rounds and made those pretty even.

But yeah I gave him 4 rounds live and I felt I was being very generous...can't really see a case where he gets 7 rounds there at all...I do agree also that he fought better in fight 2...but personally I thought it was still about 5-2 for Kov before the stoppage in the 8th, which is the same score I had it after 7 in fight 1...punch stats aren't everything, but Kov still outlanded him in fight 2 in 6/7 rounds, and that more or less backs up what I was seeing in fight 2 as well.

It was definitely much more competitive and fairly even though...the way it ended was a shame imo...kind of robbed all of us of a clear result.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            Lol.

Won the Olympic gold medal at 178lbs, debuted as a pro at 165lbs before starting his run at 160lbs (basically won his Olympic gold medal fighting two classes over where he should've been at lol), had a darkhorse run through the tournament at 168lbs, knocked off the lineal light heavyweight champion at 168lbs, went through rough patch of his career, punked out Golovkin, killing his whole mystique after letting the world know what was up (171 with three weeks to his return fight let it be known that 168lbs to fight Golovkin would've been no problem if he wanted the smoke), and then knocking off Sergey Kovalev, close and then clear.

Add that he hasn't loss a fight since he was 12 years old, and yeah, Ward is pretty special.

Arguably the best 168lb/12st fighter to ever put on gloves, and arguably top 15 at 175lbs too
            Lol man...I guess we can all see what we want to sometimes/rationalize whatever we want

Comment

Hold it man get your facts straight. You've said the same thing about me and a couple of other guys on the forum. LOL...

were they two other casual-fan idiots ?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                Dude I'm not reading anything you write lol...post those 6 great Canelo wins or be gone

either, name Golovkin's..... " 6 great wins "..... LMAO

or.....

..... go play in traffic with the rest of the casual-fan idiots

you are a typical casual-fan..... full-of-shlt, just like Golovkin

then you can explain why you think that Murray, Lemieux, and Monroe..... were better wins for Hypekin..... then Lara, Cotto, and Trout were..... for Canelo

then you can explain why you think that Bika, Barrera, and Miranda..... are as good as Andre Ward.....

you dribbling spastic casual-fan idiot

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  either, name Golovkin's..... " 6 great wins "..... LMAO

or.....

..... go play in traffic with the rest of the casual-fan idiots

you are a typical casual-fan..... full-of-shlt, just like Golovkin

then you can explain why you think that Murray, Lemieux, and Monroe..... were better wins for Hypekin..... then Lara, Cotto, and Trout were..... for Canelo

then you can explain why you think that Bika, Barrera, and Miranda..... are as good as Andre Ward.....

you dribbling spastic casual-fan idiot
                  Yeah why don't you post them?? It should be EZ4U.

Comment

This guy is the most overrated fighter in the history of boxing. No, he's not an all-timer, I don't even consider him a first-ballot hall of famer. Unless you were related to him or of a certain DEMOGRAPHIC, I can't fathom why anyone would be a fan of this guy.

Comment

Yeah why don't you post them?? It should be EZ4U.

what, Golovkin's supposed... " 6 great wins "... ?

man, I am good..... but I aint that good

Comment

Working...
                      X