No announcement yet.

Is Andre Ward ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
    I’m convinced he’s sought therapy for whatever tf his problem is. He goes all quiet on here once in a while, then comes back and slowly ramps up to raving lunacy...typical addict behaviour. He’s definitely fighting some demons...oh well ***** him lol...miserable pos.
    Lol...damn yeah that makes sense...I kind of feel bad for him in a way...but yeah he certainly can be insufferable...or he tries to be at least

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
      'Hey you guys wanna go to that party?'

"Nah, I heard that aboutfkntime guy is gonna be there"

'That guy that just yells about stuff that doesn't really make sense?'

"Yeah him...I heard he wanted to watch Canelo shower naked too"

'Yeah let's pass on that one man'

That's literally the type of impact you have on every thread on here...you ruin the party man lol...you are just unable I think to hold a normal conversation...I really wonder what type of interactions you actually have in person...you're 55 years old for God's sake lol

either.....

name the 6 " great " wins on Golovkin's resume

or.....

go play in traffic, with the rest of the fools

Golovkin does not even have 1 " great " win, you nut-licking fool

Golovkin ducked everyone worth a damn..... you know that as well as I do

1) he made a bunch of silly excuses to avoid Sergio Mora in a showcase on HBO, preferring instead to fight a NO-HOPER in Monaco on free-TV

Mora was an ex-champ who had clearly faded, which is the ideal opponent for a young fighter attempting to establish himself on the world-stage..... boxing has always worked that way.....

NOT saying that Golovkin could not have beaten Mora, just that the Latin Snake is a known mover/spoiler who is notoriously difficult to look good against..... and they were not willing to risk failing to put Mora away, looking bad in the process, or..... worse

when I heard Loeffler stuttering and stammering his way through half-a-dozen silly excuses, I knew what was up..... that was ridiculous..... because insisting that someone is irrelevant, and not a draw..... only works if you fight someone relevant who IS a draw..... not an unknown NO-HOPER on free TV who is WORSE

missing opportunities like that, and with guys like Cotto..... is why Golovkin only has 97k fans..... he needed those type of fights

2) they did the exact same thing to Lara and Ward, who are both also known mover/spoilers who are notoriously difficult to look good against.....

Lara would have been Golovkin's best opponent to date at that point..... and once again, insisting that someone is irrelevant, and not a draw..... only works if you fight someone relevant who IS a draw..... not guys like Willie Monroe, Wade, Brook, etc.....

3) Ward..... they promised to fight Ward at 168..... a) they killed the fight in June 2015 by demanding a catchweight they knew would kill the fight..... b) in September 2015 they refused that fight in 36 minutes flat

4) the superstar Cotto, should have been the ultimate goal of every fighter from 140-160..... at that point in time, Cotto was the very best option, because May/Pac were totally unrealistic and never going to happen

Mr " anyone from 154-168 " totally refusing to negotiate on weight with the little old faded SUPERSTAR Miguel Cotto..... is the 2nd most bizarre occurrence within boxing that I have witnessed within the last decade

I cannot believe how little was spoken about that situation, both from the media and from the fans..... totally bizarre..... every other fighter from 140-160 would have cut off one of his fingers for that fight, and yet Golovkin would not so much as lift his little finger to make that fight, totally refusing to drop a single pound to fight the 153lb superstar

then a few months after refusing to negotiate on weight with Cotto and Canelo..... Golovkin threw up his hands in frustration and claimed that he was willing and able to fight at 154 but nobody would step up..... WTF???

those are the exact type of fights that Golovkin should have taken

5) they specifically promised to fight Canelo at 154..... but as above, when shht got real they tucked tail and ran from that fight..... and just like above, 6 months after refusing to negotiate on weight with Cotto and Canelo, Golovkin threw up his hands in frustration and claimed that he was willing and able to fight at 154, but nobody would step up.....

6) Derevyanchenko - and Golovkin got stripped

7) Saunders..... why the fcuk would Golovkin select a total NO-HOPER in Vanes, when Saunders was running around with his "dream"..... calling him Pvssy-Borat.,.... and offering to fight him in June???

a unification > a mando, so Golovkin would not have been stripped for refusing to fight Derevyanchenko..... instead, Golovkin avoided TWO threats, selected an inactive JMW, and got stripped for his troubles in the process.....

the very second that Saunders said he was available, there was no other fight to make..... Munguia, Spike, and Vanes..... should never have been mentioned

..... come on, that is the 3rd most bizarre situation within the sport of boxing that I have ever witnessed..... two of those situations being created by Golovkin

8) Charlo - they said that fight " made no sense "

9) Andrade - they said that fight " made no sense "

if you think all of that happened by coincidence, you are a fkn dreamer

stop licking Golovkin's sack and then expecting old school fans to applaud you for it..... MANY established journalists have said the exact same thing..... which is why you should have smartened up

Comment

Why is it that when it comes to certain fighters yall never forget how they dirty there were but give others passes and never mention their dirty fighting. Specifically Marcos Maidana??

Comment

HOF for sure, but not ATG.

Comment

Not p4p ATG. But in his weight class obviously only a hater would say otherwise.

Comment

Ward was a very smart fighter, probably the smartest around when he was still fighting. There's a reason he was at the top of the P4P lists.

I do have to concur that he was a fairly dirty fighter though. Even that he was smart with, he only ever did as much as he could get away with and plausibly deny. He was very sneaky with it. It does probably still count against him though. He might have retired a little too soon as well, I was glad he never went through with his crazy talk of moving to heavyweight after beating Kovalev for the second time but just hanging them up right after your landmark win seems crazy to me. Of course, it could also have been the smart thing to do but you just never know.

On the whole I think he'll be remembered as one of the all-time smartest boxers,and he'll make the HOF no problem. I think trainers and analysts will be showing footage of his fights and highlighting his technique as an example to learn from for a long time to come. That said, I think calling him ATG is too much, he's not the kind of inspirational figure to fit into that mould.

Comment

I think Ward was a very good fighter, a bit dirty at times but the guy was highly skilled and beat some good names. Not an ATG though

Comment

Eh he was alright, not even close to the best.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    only an absolute fkn moron would think that Murray, Lemieux, and Monroe..... are better than Lara, Cotto, and Trout..... and only an absolute fkn moron would think that Bika, Barrera, and Miranda..... are as good as Andre Ward

you LITERALLY would not know a good fighter if he walked up and punched you in the face

In my lifetime, I have NEVER witnessed a human-being say so many stupid things in such a short space of time

you literally have no idea what you are talking about LMAO
                    Hold it man get your facts straight. You've said the same thing about me and a couple of other guys on the forum. LOL...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                      Idk man...(...)

He was a really tough smart fighter though..I don't hate on that... (...)
                      ... I am tired of repeating this: Ward was a very gifted and very intelligent fighter... unfortunately, he got his right shoulder injured at about 12 yo and he undertook surgery very late in his pro career... therefore he practically fought "one handed", as an inverted southpaw all his career... because of that, Ward fought "nicely" vs lesser opponents and he fought very dirty vs tougher and better ones... And I don't hate him on that... ... In my opinion, Ward will never be an ATG... excuses...

Comment

Working...
                      X