Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lampard, Morris, and Jones overseen by Cech.

I’m excited.

My early expectations are top 6 and establishing CHO, RLC, and James as first team regulars. Mount, Ampadu and Tammy as first team squad men. But tbf, we could finish anywhere from 4th to 9th

Seen a few Chelsea fans talking about top 4.

Very slim chance imo. We’ve lost our best player and only got top 4 by 2 points. And it was just a massive, massive fluke. Hazards worth 10 points minimum.

It’s not even out of the question we could fall behind Leicester or Everton if they have strong seasons. Even Wolves.

I didn’t enjoy Sarri. He didn’t try to connect to the club. Thankfully he kept the money train for next season when Chelsea will need to augment the squad with world class talent.

The club have been savvy with Frank and the ex players and the ex academy staff.

People say transition but it this really is transition. From the board room to the first team to the academy.

In terms of pr Chelsea could actually win some friends and influence people.

Chelsea for me have just been known for letting the media bully them. It won’t really happen now.

They can hardly sharpen their knives for Petr Cech.

Comment

• Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
      The Spurs do not know how to spend money.
      What about The Man U? Or the Arsenal?

Comment

• Wow Lampard in.. this is a chance for Chelsea to change.. he will have the backing of fans.. probably top 6 is what's expected.. so not that hard..

Finally Chelsea can start using the youth talent they have hoarded for years.. but rarely used..

Let's be honest Chelsea can no longer outspend clubs like they did 10 years ago Liverpool/UTD/City all can spend more.. this is the best way forward

Oh and Lampard has done more then any of the current bunch as a player.. so you'd expect him to have instant respect

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
          Wow Lampard in.. this is a chance for Chelsea to change.. he will have the backing of fans.. probably top 6 is what's expected.. so not that hard..

Finally Chelsea can start using the youth talent they have hoarded for years.. but rarely used..

Let's be honest Chelsea can no longer outspend clubs like they did 10 years ago Liverpool/UTD/City all can spend more.. this is the best way forward

Oh and Lampard has done more then any of the current bunch as a player.. so you'd expect him to have instant respect
          The big issue for us will be if the youngsters don’t get played. We’d have to assume they aren’t quite good enough but when the results go south the fans will turn on the senior players like in Jose’s second spell.

That’s an issue because ultimately no manager actually scores any goals, assists them,
          or stops them going in - in the literal sense. Even Saint Guardiola.

Luiz and Willian have very short rope in particular.

Even I scapegoat them two. It’s harsh. I can’t help it. But those two are going to be absolute lightning rods for criticism if it turns out we are getting slapped up by the likes of Sheffield United.

It is exciting though.

No Chelsea fans I know were happy with last season especially the season ticket holders and that’s when we won something.

It’s because the club was so distant. We had a weird misanthropic, monosyllabic tramp manager had us playing futsal all season and who made the same sub 38 times. The club never making statements allowing themselves to be belittled constantly and be the perpetual club in turmoil and a stadium rebuild shelved and an usually involved owner - gone.

I’d like Chelsea to defend themselves off the pitch as on it next season.

When the knives come out for Lampard I want instant statements. I want incendiary journos checked
          Last edited by Sparked_26; 07-04-2019, 08:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ox View Post
            Not all about goals
            Explain what makes them different then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              The big issue for us will be if the youngsters don’t get played. We’d have to assume they aren’t quite good enough but when the results go south the fans will turn on the senior players like in Jose’s second spell.

That’s an issue because ultimately no manager actually scores any goals, assists them,
              or stops them going in - in the literal sense. Even Saint Guardiola.

Luiz and Willian have very short rope in particular.

Even I scapegoat them two. It’s harsh. I can’t help it. But those two are going to be absolute lightning rods for criticism if it turns out we are getting slapped up by the likes of Sheffield United.

It is exciting though.

No Chelsea fans I know were happy with last season especially the season ticket holders and that’s when we won something.

It’s because the club was so distant. We had a weird misanthropic, monosyllabic tramp manager had us playing futsal all season and who made the same sub 38 times. The club never making statements allowing themselves to be belittled constantly and be the perpetual club in turmoil and a stadium rebuild shelved and an usually involved owner - gone.

I’d like Chelsea to defend themselves off the pitch as on it next season.

When the knives come out for Lampard I want instant statements. I want incendiary journos checked
              That's because those two are clear weak points in this squad that NEVER get dropped.

I am feeling upbeat about Lampard though.

There's no choice but to play the youngsters though.

Let's be honest. We already know Willian won't score 10+ goals in the league nor 15 goals a season like Hazard. He struggles to make 3 and his work rate has gone down the shitter.

We already know Giroud maxes out at about 10 goals a season, even in his prime at Arsenal.

We already know Jorginho and Kovacic won't be doing any sort of scoring or assisting with how painfully safe they are with their passing and play styles.

We already know Kante will be playing defensive mid as a true defensive mid.

There's honestly no choice but to be playing Tammy, Mount, and RLC.

We can't forget that Batshuayi just now turned 25 and that Pulisic is still u23.

There's just simply no justification to not play any of those young players. Outside of Reece. Who wouldn't play, simply because of politics.

Lampard can't drop Azpi without Azpi's form going into the black like on FM. Because he'd be not only dropping Azpi but also stripping him of captaincy.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                Explain what makes them different then.
                Zaha is a bum, Son is not

Comment

• Hard to compare Son and Zaha.

Palace get by with 3% possession week in week out.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    That's because those two are clear weak points in this squad that NEVER get dropped.

I am feeling upbeat about Lampard though.

There's no choice but to play the youngsters though.

Let's be honest. We already know Willian won't score 10+ goals in the league nor 15 goals a season like Hazard. He struggles to make 3 and his work rate has gone down the shitter.

We already know Giroud maxes out at about 10 goals a season, even in his prime at Arsenal.

We already know Jorginho and Kovacic won't be doing any sort of scoring or assisting with how painfully safe they are with their passing and play styles.

We already know Kante will be playing defensive mid as a true defensive mid.

There's honestly no choice but to be playing Tammy, Mount, and RLC.

We can't forget that Batshuayi just now turned 25 and that Pulisic is still u23.

There's just simply no justification to not play any of those young players. Outside of Reece. Who wouldn't play, simply because of politics.

Lampard can't drop Azpi without Azpi's form going into the black like on FM. Because he'd be not only dropping Azpi but also stripping him of captaincy.
                    Azpi still works as a 3rd centre back.

Still think we could probably switch to a 3-5-2 again. Because then you can a top level wing back in Alonso who unfortunately is a bang average orthodox full back.

I dunno I think they just have to find goals from somewhere. Pedro is a must start even though he’s passed it. At least until CHO is fit

Comment

• I don't think Lampard will move to the 3 man backline though. It does make sense but I am not sure Lampard has that in his mind.

So far (to me) he's shown a mixture of Mourinho and Ancelotti with the addition of modern football's "attacking" desire.

With Derby, he used Jose's 433 set up (where Lampard would run into the #10 area and make late runs into the box with Makelele and Essien behind) and combined that with Ancelotti's narrow style (with the "Lampard" player running beyond Anelka for example).

He just combines those two styles (wingers tuck in, short passes + midfielders running beyond and into the box) and slaps on a high line.

Comment

Working...
                      X