Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 06-20-2019, 03:22 PM #21
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
The Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 35,446.74
Total Points: 35,458.74

Quarry was a real fighter, always good to watch. I just watched him whip Lyle last night. Jerry is one of the prime reasons his era was the most complete and toughest in history, by Moslem..
The Old LefHook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-20-2019, 05:40 PM #22
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 619 Post(s)
Longhaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 7,267.65

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensburyRules View Post
- -You seem to have some experience with shemales.

George a top 2 Ring ranked heavy in his first full year of boxing.

Joe took a sabbatical after FOC, so team George took the Dempsey approach when waiting out Willard.

What, I gotta l'arn you your ABCs and 123s now?
Blow me you fuking maggot
Longhaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 07:07 PM #23
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1108 Post(s)
QueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,245.39
Total Points: 40,662.89

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old LefHook View Post
Quarry was a real fighter, always good to watch. I just watched him whip Lyle last night. Jerry is one of the prime reasons his era was the most complete and toughest in history, by Moslem..
- -The Jer dismantled lyle, shavers, and the undefeated KO monster Mac Foster is truly a work of brutal art.

Jer became a much better fighter after his 68 heavy tourney where he seemed not to have shown up when it counted.

I believe he was the only name fighter willing to fight Ali when he started his comeback. Them was tough times, not only in boxing but America.
QueensburyRules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 08:18 PM #24
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
The Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 35,446.74
Total Points: 35,458.74

By burka, the Foreman fight would have been innersting.
The Old LefHook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:58 PM #25
Interim Champion

Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Rusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 28,029.06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
Looking at his career fights Foreman fought bum after bum all the way to his tittle fight some guys with losing records after he had twenty or more fights.Any time from 70 to 72 Quarry would have been a great step up fight for him and a ranked contender.He fought the wilder game plan before wilder was born.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

This.

Queenie, was clearly baiting me based on comments I have made in recent threas. And I would have fallen for the trap laid here. Thank you for the insights.

Maybe Foreman was throwing Quarry a bone, but you have shown that he probably elected to play it safe. Not exactly the same as dodging Quarry, necessarily. But clearly not a pure fabrication.
Rusty Tromboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:03 PM #26
Interim Champion

Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Rusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 28,029.06

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old LefHook View Post
By burka, the Foreman fight would have been innersting.
Yeah, how does that go?

I am a huge quarry fan. But even I admit that he was: too small for the division; lacked the one-shot power needed to beat the monsters of the day; cut easily; was prone to employing exactly the wrong game plan.
If the Cruiserweight division had existed then, he might have gone down as one of Boxing's finest ever champions. But against as prime an example of a Heavyweight as George Foreman in the early 70's, I dunno what he does to pull out the win.
Rusty Tromboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:34 PM #27
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 619 Post(s)
Longhaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 7,267.65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
Yeah, how does that go?

I am a huge quarry fan. But even I admit that he was: too small for the division; lacked the one-shot power needed to beat the monsters of the day; cut easily; was prone to employing exactly the wrong game plan.
If the Cruiserweight division had existed then, he might have gone down as one of Boxing's finest ever champions. But against as prime an example of a Heavyweight as George Foreman in the early 70's, I dunno what he does to pull out the win.
Quarry vs qawi or Holyfield would have been fun fights to watch.
Longhaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 09:47 PM #28

Quoted: 4040 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,251.62
Total Points: 56,773.52
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
Quarry vs qawi or Holyfield would have been fun fights to watch.
I'd pay to see either.
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
jerry, luvfest, quarry

User Tag List