No announcement yet.

Jerry Quarry luvfest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
    Quarry would have been a more lucrative match in japan as he was better known and was a big hit for his garden fights in ny.He had drawing power on both coasts and it’s a fact people expected Foreman to fight him after Lyle fight.Prior to the Lyle fight and shavers fight who was controlled by king Foreman expected quarry to lose when he and king were touting Lyle as the next opponent.King was using quarry because of his drawing power again with shavers and got snake bit again.This was a popular white heavyweight in the racially charged 70s who in six months knocked off two of the heaviest power punching contenders.I believe Foreman when he said he didn’t like the idea of fighting quarry.
    - -As mentioned, George, Louis, and Dempsey always gracious when talking about other fighters like Frazier as another example.

And who beat Frazier first and last?

Liston vs George in Japan woulda dwarfed Quarry as well as Ali and Norton and even Patterson. Foreman ducking Floyd now is it?

Whatever!

Comment

I just gave you a factual account you asked for .You are showing your age Howard had a big influence on boxing in the 70s as ABC was the main source of tv fights.You also added in an emotional comment which makes me wonder if you are related to mc cobra.
      - -Blowhard Howie, eh?

You scraping the bottom of the barrel?

Comment

wepner and chuvalo only two names and safe face first fighters on his resume.His first 37 fights seventeen had losing records including leading up to the Frazier fight a 4-15 &a 3-25 fighter as well as a 1-14 and a dangerous 1-3 fighter and a guy with forty loses.I remember you now a emotional shemale who when given facts starts the insults.I remember you for the d/ck head you are.I think the only lost load is dripping of your chin.
        - -You seem to have some experience with shemales.

George a top 2 Ring ranked heavy in his first full year of boxing.

Joe took a sabbatical after FOC, so team George took the Dempsey approach when waiting out Willard.

What, I gotta l'arn you your ABCs and 123s now?

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

Joe took a sabbatical after FOC, so team George took the Dempsey approach when waiting out Willard.

Why such anger all the time ?
          Queenie you gotta relax a bit.
          Very rarely do I agree with your antics , quite frankly I think you enjoy being a tool and getting under people’s skin
          I’ve met Chuck Wepner a few times , we have a mutual buddy who used to have a liquor store on Chucks route back in the day.
          Wepner has stated multiple times that nobody hit like Foreman & Liston.
          Chuck faught all of the top guys.
          And I have to agree that I brought up George Chuvalo before that his fight with Quarry was bizarre in its own right.
          With that said stylistically it could’ve been a very difficult fight for George.
          Honestly though more than likely Jerry would’ve cut up and there would be a 9-10 round stoppage on cuts with Quarry winning his share or rounds and George doing so also.
          Then fights you mentioned with Frazier can’t be denied.
          George was a devastating puncher.
          Queensburied one more thing .
          Sargent Hulka played by Warren Oats in the Movie stripes had a famous line , “ lighten up Francis .”

Comment

Originally posted by clemenza View Post
            Why such anger all the time ?
            Queenie you gotta relax a bit.
            Very rarely do I agree with your antics , quite frankly I think you enjoy being a tool and getting under people’s skin
            I’ve met Chuck Wepner a few times , we have a mutual buddy who used to have a liquor store on Chucks route back in the day.
            Wepner has stated multiple times that nobody hit like Foreman & Liston.
            Chuck faught all of the top guys.
            And I have to agree that I brought up George Chuvalo before that his fight with Quarry was bizarre in its own right.
            With that said stylistically it could’ve been a very difficult fight for George.
            Honestly though more than likely Jerry would’ve cut up and there would be a 9-10 round stoppage on cuts with Quarry winning his share or rounds and George doing so also.
            Then fights you mentioned with Frazier can’t be denied.
            George was a devastating puncher.
            Queensburied one more thing .
            Sargent Hulka played by Warren Oats in the Movie stripes had a famous line , “ lighten up Francis .”
            - -And Archie Bell and the Drells took the Funk Genre to their first #1 hit, Tighten Up, a blockbuster in 1968 while Vietnam draftee Bell was convalescing in an Army Hospital after getting shot up.

What, you chaps ain't funky enough to handle 19 yr old George KTFO pro Cubanos and Russians to win 68 Oympic Gold?

Well then, after years of loosening yer loads, might be time to tighten up to maintain a sense of, ahem, public decorum, ya think?

Comment

- -And Archie Bell and the Drells took the Funk Genre to their first #1 hit, Tighten Up, a blockbuster in 1968 while Vietnam draftee Bell was convalescing in an Army Hospital after getting shot up.

What, you chaps ain't funky enough to handle 19 yr old George KTFO pro Cubanos and Russians to win 68 Oympic Gold?

Well then, after years of loosening yer loads, might be time to tighten up to maintain a sense of, ahem, public decorum, ya think?
              I’m not sure what the heck your talking about .
              But George did dominate the 68 games for sure and was a legendary champion & Great American pugilist. Top 10 all time no doubt

Comment

Queenbee... sheesh! come on now. the guy gives you a thoughtful response and on your thread, and you insult him. Why do that? We all tolerate your tinfoil hat hypothesi... Live and let live, stop being such a churl and a halfwit (as Lefty says), and join the human race!

Comment

- -Quarry definitely an outlier in boxing, and the recent luvfest stirred me up.

Unlike that neutered luvfest, all are welcome to join in here.

For whatever the reason, George rated quarry very high, #2 behind Louis back in the day, but be clear!

Their timelines don't mesh for any credibility of George ducking Quarry in any fight of merit.

And NO, George says he never sparred Quqrry contrary to the Offal that pollute boxing forums.

Make your case in their timelines when the up and coming George shoulda faught Jerry.
                  George was always generous with praise. There is no material events that I can see showing an actual fear for Quarry. Yes Quarry was a tough hombre and anyone fighting him would certainly not take him lightly. like you said, they never even sparred.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                    Queenbee... sheesh! come on now. the guy gives you a thoughtful response and on your thread, and you insult him. Why do that? We all tolerate your tinfoil hat hypothesi... Live and let live, stop being such a churl and a halfwit (as Lefty says), and join the human race!
                    - -You sweethearts wanna shemale oriented, OK by me.

But you ain't dragging me into yer shemale world. I'm here to talk about boxing, not gender preferences.

And for the record, think the world about Quarry and the simultaneous tragedy of he and Ali fighting on way past their best should be a mandatory study before any fighter or official is licensed.

Comment

- -You sweethearts wanna shemale oriented, OK by me.

But you ain't dragging me into yer shemale world. I'm here to talk about boxing, not gender preferences.

And for the record, think the world about Quarry and the simultaneous tragedy of he and Ali fighting on way past their best should be a mandatory study before any fighter or official is licensed.

Yeah... and for the record I respect where you ultimately are coming from...so much so that I even have you quoted in my sig because of how well you put a thought that I believe to the very marrow of my bones... So why do you have to act like such a fvkwad to others?

Social cues bee...Take this for what it is worth: You and I, and some others interact a certain way and its all good because we all understand that bustin b@lls can be ok. But when someone not part of that dynamic gives you the courtesy of a thoughtful response, don't act like such a t1t!

Comment

Working...
                      X