No announcement yet.

Gervonta Davis vs Ricardo Nunez on 7/27 at Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore, MD

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    One thing about him is that he is a crowd pleasing fighter and that's for sure.
    Crowd pleasing against tomato cans. Oompa loompa smurf is gonna get it when he steps up.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      Farmer owes Eddie Hearn nothing after this summer; Lou DiBella has made that clear.

Only thing that'll stop a Davis-Farmer unification, from what I can see, is Eddie Hearn showing up with a $1m+ per fight deal guaranteed.
      You think MP or anyone else is gonna offer Tank as much as he's been getting for the caliber of guys he's been fighting?

Tevin just started a YT channel. He's trying to build a brand now & sh^t lol. He's not in cash out mode. He's still in make money mode. If he doesn't re-sign with Matchroom I'd be surprised.

If Eddie wants to re-sign him is the bigger question. And since Eddie still isn't winning the day very well in the US (despite the recent Haney signing & this Joshua debut that was looking good at first, but has turned into a bit of a sh^tshow even if it does good gate numbers) Tevin is a nice asset to have just cuz he's got a belt & there are fights to make that make sense.

I suspect Tevin vs the Cancio vs Machado winner or probably even more likely JoJo Diaz are possible for solid money for Tevin. And while I think those along with many fights out there for Tevin are losable I also think they are winnable enough for the risk & upside in enhancing his value.

All he's getting from MP is one check & a assbeating cuz he's not on Tank's level.

Comment

Originally posted by Big dawg lani View Post
        I’m
        In there !!! Hurd fight was lit hoping this one is too ! BRING MORE EVENTS TOO THE DMV!!!!!
        Litty like a titty, bruh

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          He should just fight Russel jr next. They are both fighting in the next few months and Gary been calling him out lately. About time Tank takes a real fight.
          People are still gonna sh^t on Tank cuz "GRJ isn't a real 130lber" & comments like that, but f#ck all that noise I like that fight & that does enhance the Loma vs Tank talk since the only guy GRJ has lost to is Loma. Maybe if Bob dies or just keeps taking more of a backseat Bob Jr can legit help make Loma vs Tank at some future date.

I hope they go that route myself. I definitely don't see how a unification fight is a reasonable expectation so go for names & respected guys you can get. And GRJ is one of those guys. Maybe the best guy cuz of the Loma connection.

The thing I really hope for is that Tank takes the lead on demanding GRJ or whoever is a more legit name opponent post-July cuz while I'm a fan of Tank its hard watching all these mfers post-fight & between fights who are all like "idc who I fight next" & "I'll fight whoever" without naming names & Tank is one of those types of guys. Too many guys seem to be a unwilling passenger in the car ride of their own career with this "idc" & "thats for my promoter to decide, I just fight" stuff.

Comment

Alright let's get the train moving on this guy - if he's gonna be out crushing guys at least keep him active and get it over with, I think more fans will come back around to him. It such a protracted period of time that I think people have lost track of where he is in his career. On any given day he's a Champ, a prospect, or a baby, etc. Maybe a Russell fight can be how they frame this phase of his career around? Let get it going because he can bring some attention to some fights and excitement in the crowd.

Comment

I like Gervonta because he is a fan of King Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                why would farmer leave hearn though? hes not a good fighter and yet is being treated and paid as such. stick with the scam while you can has always been my motto
                Because Hearn can't deliver any real fights for him and, in this example, didn't come forward with the type of money to keep Farmer happy simply ticking over.

Davis vs Farmer puts Farmer on actual national/global TV, with a real push of his face/name in Philadelphia/Pennsylvania, for a serious payday, in a big fight he could still win.

Pride is a fickle thing

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  You think MP or anyone else is gonna offer Tank as much as he's been getting for the caliber of guys he's been fighting?

Tevin just started a YT channel. He's trying to build a brand now & sh^t lol. He's not in cash out mode. He's still in make money mode. If he doesn't re-sign with Matchroom I'd be surprised.

If Eddie wants to re-sign him is the bigger question. And since Eddie still isn't winning the day very well in the US (despite the recent Haney signing & this Joshua debut that was looking good at first, but has turned into a bit of a sh^tshow even if it does good gate numbers) Tevin is a nice asset to have just cuz he's got a belt & there are fights to make that make sense.

I suspect Tevin vs the Cancio vs Machado winner or probably even more likely JoJo Diaz are possible for solid money for Tevin. And while I think those along with many fights out there for Tevin are losable I also think they are winnable enough for the risk & upside in enhancing his value.

All he's getting from MP is one check & a assbeating cuz he's not on Tank's level.
                  We'll see.

All I'm saying is pride is fickle.

Lou DiBella is Farmer's promoter, Farmer has made a nice chunk of change with DAZN, but he's still three title defenses into his run with his profile no higher than where it was before he won the title.

Davis may as well show up and stomp Farmer's face in, but that's not the point; Farmer could potentially get a real national push (across FOX/FS1, Showtime, and possibly ESPN, with the rest of the national outlets pitching in) for the fight, and with Davis not long for 130lbs anyway, Farmer is positioned to have a pretty good run at 130lbs post Davis (with many of the PBC 126lbers starting their move to 130lbs).

Comment

Who is this journeyman Davis is fighting this time? Also Davis will die making weight for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                      We'll see.

All I'm saying is pride is fickle.

Lou DiBella is Farmer's promoter, Farmer has made a nice chunk of change with DAZN, but he's still three title defenses into his run with his profile no higher than where it was before he won the title.
                      I think Tevin's profile has grown more since he won a title. I see him more I know that. Hell DAZN is a step up from most of his past fight ffs. Sh^t on DAZN all you want fighting on that Broadway Boxing channel or w/e its called on some NY public access channel or w/e isn't that great either.

Davis may as well show up and stomp Farmer's face in, but that's not the point; Farmer could potentially get a real national push (across FOX/FS1, Showtime, and possibly ESPN, with the rest of the national outlets pitching in) for the fight, and with Davis not long for 130lbs anyway, Farmer is positioned to have a pretty good run at 130lbs post Davis (with many of the PBC 126lbers starting their move to 130lbs).
                      Again whats the better plan for Tevin doe?

Go fight a bunch of guys he can beat on DAZN every 3 months for a few sexy checks. Or get murdered by Tank in front of more people for 1 sexy check & then nobody is gonna sign you to a f#cking deal at all after you get KTFO in 4 rounds by Tank?

If I'm Tevin I'm sticking with DAZN. The best thing thats happened to Tevin in his boxing life is DAZN ffs. Everything else is a dream scenario or a maybe it could work out scenario. DAZN is working out right now. If I'm Tevin I'm on the bird in the hand is worth two in the bush logic.

Its easier money. Its more money overall. I mean legit how much more do you think MP is paying Tevin for the Tank fight then he's getting from DAZN for much easier guys? Idk that its gonna be THAT much thats its worth risking his current value cuz if Tank destroys him, & I feel like he will, Tevin gots no where to go. MP ain't gonna keep him around thats for f#cking sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X