Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya 'Not Saying Andrade Is Top Contender' For Canelo Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    Why do they keep mentioning Kovalev and 175? They are the only ones talking about it. What is happening behind the scenes?
    Maybe they see a beatable guy at 175 who is still recognized as a legit contender by most, albeit a few chinks in the armor now.

Get a Cartwright fight at say 170 and you could have a mega fight.

Edit: really Bs you don’t take into account context when using words.
    Last edited by JJRod; 05-09-2019, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      IMO it's GGG in Sept. GGG should starch rolls in 2-3 rounds.
      I hope not! Honestly, I wish Canelo would force GGG to face Andrade! I would rather Canelo fight Callum Smith than GGG! I want something new!

Comment

Originally posted by REYESdelBOXEO View Post
        That's a bogus & bizarre statement.
        Becoming Undisputed means nothing? You must be out of your mind. Becoming Undisputed means a whole lot. It doesn't matter what Andrade does after that.

For example: Crawford beat Indongo to become Undisputed at 140 and in his very next fight Indongo got Knocked out in 2 rounds.
        Did Dan Rafael, Teddy Atlas, Jim Lampley, Joe Tessatore , Max Kellerman, Dougie Fisher or Steve Kim etc. criticize or demerit Crawford's win over Indongo in any way shape or form? No hell no , they wouldn't even dare. Crawford's legacy was set in stone. Same rules apply for CANELO. Plus CANELO is the smallest guy in the division so becoming Undisputed is a very impressive legacy cementing feat , besides his other accomplishments.
        A convincing win in a third GGG fight would mean a helluva lot more for Canelo’s legacy than a belt grab against an unproven guy.

As for Crawford. Nobody gave a **** about his “unification” outside of the people of Omaha, TR, and ESPN. Who all had fandom and financial stakes in the “feat.” Any semi-competent fight fan knows that beating Thomas Dulorme, Viktor Postol, and Julius Indongo isn’t anything to get excited about. Especially when the guy that beat them is widely considered one of the best two or three fighters in the world P4P. And just because they wrote “unification” on the fight poster doesn’t erase the fact that all of those guys are terrible. And anyone that suggest differently is stupid and DKSAB.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          That fool is a JOKE! He says Canelo ducking _________ (Insert Name) and won't fight him EVERYTIME!!! Said wouldn't fight Lara, GGG, Jacobs. Now Andrade lol! Went life and death with Vanes and Jack Culcay-Keth!!!

And Charlo??? Dude went 12 rounds with a guy who TOOK the fight on 1 week notice!!!!And MOST had it 8-4 for Charlo. Trout in his 30's NOT in his PRIME and coming off CAREER WIN UNDEFEATED! Who I felt won 5 rounds...
          Lol thanks for the heads up bro, yeah he's been hating for a while now. I think he dosen't want CANELO to become Undisputed since Golovchicken failed to do so & admitted he never cared about the belts or fighting the best. I agree with you Andrade & Charlo are not on CANELO's level.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            I hope not! Honestly, I wish Canelo would force GGG to face Andrade! I would rather Canelo fight Callum Smith than GGG! I want something new!
            If GGG said no to Charlo I highly doubt he says yes to Andrade???

I want Spence vs. Canelo!!!

Spence: Official: 149 - Unofficial: 162
            Lo Greco: Official: 152 - Unofficial: 164

That was back in 2015. Spence is about 2-3" taller and has about a 2" reach on Canelo. No reason this fight can't be sometime in 2020 or EARLY Cinco De Mayo 2021 in Dallas Stadium! Talk about PRINTING $$$$. It would sell-out the stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by REYESdelBOXEO View Post
              Lol thanks for the heads up bro, yeah he's been hating for a while now. I think he dosen't want CANELO to become Undisputed since Golovchicken failed to do so & admitted he never cared about the belts or fighting the best. I agree with you Andrade & Charlo are not on CANELO's level.
              I'm not saying their bad! Canelo a solid A. His stamina keeps him from A+. Charlo about a B+ and Andrade Solid B.

IMO Spence is a solid A also!

Reason why almost EVERYONE has Spence/Canelo in the Top 5 P4P! and NO one has Charlo/Andrade Top 10. Heck all 10 WRITERS on ESPN don't even have them top 18! Where they list more than top 10.

Others receiving votes: Oscar Valdez (8), Deontay Wilder (6), Manny Pacquiao (5), Leo Santa Cruz (4), Luis Nery (2), Juan Francisco Estrada (1), Jarrett Hurd (1), Oleksandr Gvozdyk (1).

Same with almost every P4P ranking.

Comment

Alvarez vs Andrade

I like Andrade but why were people calling for Canelo to fight Jacobs but Andrade, GGG and Charlo all fighting nobodies and they think they should get Canelo next? I remember when contenders had to fight, not talk their way to the top.

Comment

Originally posted by slindee3 View Post
                  He was more than happy to jump to 168 to get Feilding's belt and he is saying he want to unify all the belts at 160. You tell me what you call him not going after that final belt.
                  He can only fight for one belt at a time. He fought Jacobs. Boo boo fights June 29 I think. So they are not sure if it will work out time wise for September. He said multiple times he wants all the belts this years goal. He fought Jacobs which everyone said he wouldn’t. Now I guess. He’s should have walked outta the ring and fought boo boo in the stands so u don’t think he’s ducking lol.
                  I’m not a big fan of Canelo. But damn if a guy doesn’t fight every 2 seconds he’s ducking gtfoh

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                    A convincing win in a third GGG fight would mean a helluva lot more for Canelo’s legacy than a belt grab against an unproven guy.

As for Crawford. Nobody gave a **** about his “unification” outside of the people of Omaha, TR, and ESPN. Who all had fandom and financial stakes in the “feat.” Any semi-competent fight fan knows that beating Thomas Dulorme, Viktor Postol, and Julius Indongo isn’t anything to get excited about. Especially when the guy that beat them is widely considered one of the best two or three fighters in the world P4P. And just because they wrote “unification” on the fight poster doesn’t erase the fact that all of those guys are terrible. And anyone that suggest differently is stupid and DKSAB.
                    They had the belt. He fought for their belt. In the 140lb weight class at the time those were the guys at the top. Why wouldn’t any fighter wanna fight the other top dogs in his weight class?
                    Canelo fighting booboo. Collecting the last of the 4 belts would be just as important as any other fight at 160.

Comment

• "Options" is bull****. Canelo should arrange a fight with that guy Andrade ASAP, because he has the only belt he doesn't have, THERE'S NO OTHER REAL OPTIONS, that's bull****, if he had ALL THE BELTS then yes, he could justifiably cherry-pick but this is NOT the case, he has only one choice now, to get the belt he lacks, otherwise it is an obvious duck.

Comment

Working...
                      X