No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Slams Fights Being Made With "YouTube Guys"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Slams Fights Being Made With "YouTube Guys"

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya is not a fan of the recent trend in the squared circle, where Youtube celebrities are being allowed to use the sport of boxing as a vehicle to settle their rivalries. In November, YouTubers Logan Paul and KSI had their rematch take place in the headline position of card being streamed by DAZN from Staples Center in Los Angeles. World champion like Devin Haney and Billy Joe Saunders were placed in undercard positions.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I have to agree with the coke head cross dresser on this one

Those clowns have no place in this sport ...... there’s guys in every gym up and down the country grafting to make bank through boxing . These flamers walk in and make millions in a terrible fight gtfoh

Comment

Say what you want about Oscar but his point is very valid
      Not only does it degrade the sport , it’s an actual slap in the face to anyone who has been training all their lives
      I don’t even want to imagine if one of these guys were to get killed in there what kind of chit would come out of it

Comment

It all started with the circus fight between the clown and circus monkey and it made lots of money. That is the age we live now.

Comment

I call bull**** on that. He is just upset he's not the one profiting off of it. If they turn pro pass all the medicals and have a legit 10 week camp who cares. They bring more eyes to the sport and it has a chance to grow. If nose bleed was promoting these fights he would talk about how great it is and how good they all were so it's just a case of sour coke, I mean grapes.

Comment

I do understand why some people don't like it though. I just have a hard time believing anything that comes out of Oscars mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Straightener View Post
              I have to agree with the coke head cross dresser on this one

Those clowns have no place in this sport ...... there’s guys in every gym up and down the country grafting to make bank through boxing . These flamers walk in and make millions in a terrible fight gtfoh
              How can it be stopped though? These guys are more famous than most boxers. The boxing isn’t the focus, it’s the trash talk, hype and bragging rights. The precedent has always been for promoters to try and bring in the fringe fans. They know they already have the grass roots fans, we are starving for anything. The media promotes these fights on a mainstream level that most p4p boxers could never get. News is about money, money is about clicks now. To the young of today everything that happens before the fight and after the fight is more important. The fight itself is arbitrary. Might as well fast forward it. Young kids will strive to become YouTube stars and hopefully have enough beef with someone to make millions in a three round fight. Real boxing is tough brutal work. Why not produce a fight the whole way? C.M. Punk always thought he was a legit tough guy and he got 500k to get smoked on ppv in the first real fight he’s had in how many years? He even got a second chance. It’s all about money, what u can bring in. I guess enough bad fights need to happen to embarrass the whole affair. I’m sorry for the rant, but I’m scared for us.

Comment

Levels to boxing
                Pros
                Youtube ''warriors''
                Special Olympics
                Women

Comment

Oscar was a great fighter but everyone is entitled to make a living. If he doesn’t like it no one is forcing him to buy it. I watch “top level” boxers and 75% of the time feel like I wasted my money. No one wants to watch mismatches and track meets. Oscars point of view isn’t valid thou it’s understandable that he’s salty

Comment

Oscar doesn’t trust anyone that has millions of dollars and fans but hasn’t tried to snort it all away

Comment

Working...
                    X