Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury: Fail To Learn The Skill At Top Level, You'll Be Found Wanting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fury: Fail To Learn The Skill At Top Level, You'll Be Found Wanting

By his own admission, Tyson Fury isn't an authority on college football nor was his presence at the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl intended to serve in that capacity. The unbeaten British heavyweight made the trip to Glendale, Arizona for the purpose of making the media rounds to promote his February 22 Pay-Per-View rematch with Deontay Wilder (42-0-1, 41KOs) The heavyweight title fight takes place at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, and will be presented as a joint venture between ESPN+ and Fox Sports. Fury's relationship with ESPN+ provided the platform to appear on ESPN's College Gameday and later that evening at the Fiesta Bowl-also carried by ESPN-where he did manage to offer insight on the difference between what it takes as a team to win on the field and as an individual in the ring.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Tyson is agile for his massive size and knows the game inside out.He would be beat all the other heavies hands down but whether he can stay away from Wilders dynamite for another twelve rounds remains to be seen ...nobody outside of Fury would be given a evens chance of this.

Comment

Wilder has learnt skills, but how much much or if enough to overcome fury is up for debate. I mean WIlder did well to knock fury down with the limited amount he landed on fury. He hit duhuppas with enough and the Frenchman didn't go down.
      Fury got caught, but fury should be disappointed with himself he couldn't remain upright.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
        Tyson is agile for his massive size and knows the game inside out.He would be beat all the other heavies hands down but whether he can stay away from Wilders dynamite for another twelve rounds remains to be seen ...nobody outside of Fury would be given a evens chance of this.
        Right on the money

Comment

I'm absolutely sure it's a skill to be the WBC champ with 43 fights and 41 knockouts. Seems like a skill set to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
            I'm absolutely sure it's a skill to be the WBC champ with 43 fights and 41 knockouts. Seems like a skill set to me.
            Wilder might look gangly and awkward but for sure has skills. Emmanuel steward rated wilder as far back as 2012, so wilder must have tremendous ability. What he does he does well and it can overcome most

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              Wilder might look gangly and awkward but for sure has skills. Emmanuel steward rated wilder as far back as 2012, so wilder must have tremendous ability. What he does he does well and it can overcome most
              He does have skill then i remember the end of his fight against Audley Harrison just windmilling and nearly toppling over lol.

https://youtu.be/uCyvyTUDJsM

Comment

"The most important thing a wise trainer taught me, your feet will get you in trouble, and get you back out of trouble again,” explained Fury. “Not a lot of people practice footwork in the sweet science of boxing."

Wise words from the lineal heavyweight champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
                  You right. Wilder is very agile. He has a good jab and a good defence. He also has that equaliser which is the knockout power. When he puts it all together it doesn't look textbook or as fluid so people say he's got no ability.

My only problem with him is when he doesn't even bother boxing and just resorts to trying to land the one hitter quitter.

Comment

Working...
                  X